What does Veeky Forums think of Calvin and Hobbes?

What does Veeky Forums think of Calvin and Hobbes?

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/memes/people/ben-garrison
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I mean, how could you dislike it? It's wonderful.

It's one of those things I suppose that is so infallible, it's inevitable you'll see some reddit enthusiasm, but you can't hold that against it.

It's globalist kike propaganda

well then

Libcuck cultural Marxist nonsense

Rumour has it that when Steven Spielberg called Watterson to discuss adapting the series into a film, Watterson didn't even take the call. Such a legend. Calvin and Hobbes is my childhood, I have every book.

Reddit feelsbait for normies and sentimental millenials

Dilbert is best newspaper comic strip

Illiterate /pol/acks love answering questions that aren't directed at them

I didn't read it as a child and don't find particularly interesting or charming as an adult.

Peanuts, on the other hand...

Scott Adams is a literal retard on the level of Ben Garrison, and Dilbert is only going ironically.

Pogo is the thinking man's comic strip.

Dont give a fuck about the writer and I dont know who Ben Garrison is

>I don't know who Ben Garrison is

i like it enough that i unironically named my son calvin.

How this guy avoids legal prosecution and even arrest?

that's will eisner though

Because we don't live in fucking Germany, you faggot.

>about a kid that hates school
>liberalist kike propaganda
How does your fucking brain work man

knowyourmeme.com/memes/people/ben-garrison
TL;DR That's not his work

Imagine this shit earth if they had froze Walt Kelly's head instead of Disney's.

Then i pity the shitty country that you unfortunately have to live in.

So is he some /pol/ e-celeb? Sounds cancerous and gay

I live in the USofA, faggot.

Careful, Fritz, I wouldn't want you to go to jail for clicking on this.

No he's a libertarian cartoonist from Montana and /pol/ edited his cartoons to make them anti-Jewish but that made him pretty popular so it worked out in the end

>people should be arrested for drawing mean things
really got the ol' nogging chuggin

Subversive nihilistic anarchist horseshit that teaches kids animal rights, unjustified delusions of superiority, and environmentalism are good but religion, education, and capitalism are bad.

Give me a real comic like Hagar the Horrible! Chris Browne has more wit in one fingernail than Watterson had in his entire body

Best not upset Ben 'One Man Shoah' Garrison

They don't call him Ben 'Empty my 09 in the welfare line' Garrison for nothing.

the verse pattern of that poem is really laboured

What a full beard he/she has. A fantastic triumph for equality

First, that's not actually him, second, First Amendment you fucking commie.

Schultz was truly talented

Pic semi-related. I know it's from the TV adaptation but the scene in their Halloween special where Snoopy is walking through WWI era France with gorgeous watercolor backgrounds while plaintive flute music plays always gave me feels.

Unjustified delusions of superiority? That comic strip was full of stuff like "oh Calvin is making fun of ants but little does he realize that he too the human being is as silly as a little ant."

I watched that last week. Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (and Don't Come Back) was my favorite film as a kid tho

But "guy asks to get boat fixed tomorrow and repairmen laugh at him" isn't funny.

Heathcliff, on the other hand...

he would autograph random books in bookstores, but stopped when people started selling them on ebay.

>smack talking Ben "Wishing SIDS on baby Yids" Garrison

He's killed for less.

>a wholesome cartoon portraying the archetypal white nuclear family with zero colored characters that never leaves the setting of a rural neighborhood

Calvin and Hobbes is humorous and against the Jewish agenda, there's no reason to hate it.

I don't get it. Explain?

Dude i was just about to post Far Side
Literally only comic i read growing up

That didn't help.

I don't care for it nor for stuff like Peanuts et al. I didn't grew up with it, so perhaps that's why. I have read some of them out of pure curiosity, and although I found their insight interesting, I also found it too cynical sometimes. But I think that's because Calvin hates cynicism and must use it to destroy it, not unlike using fire to quench a fire.

I do, however, appreciate the design the author put onto the comic. It shows he really cared for it, and not for what monetary gain it could bring him (in contrast to Peanuts and Garfield, for example).

If you like C&H I recommend reading Mafalda. It's Argentinian, and both have similar tones and themes.

Heathcliff stopped making sense decades ago, and now consists almost entirely of surreal running gags like the HAM helmet and "Garbage Ape".

even as a kid, I thought it was pretentious.

You must've been quite the little douche back then.

Not much has changed, has it?

nah, it gave me a 'hey arnold' vibe, I felt like an adult was lecturing me, and weirdly while trying to act like kids were the best and magic.

Surrealist masterpiece coming thru

>his childhood wasn't magical

I pity you

One of the very few good newspaper strips.

Unironically love it.
Basically taught me to read.

>Steven Spielberg calls you and offers you a fortune to ruin your IP
>telling him to get fucked by not even answering his call

truly an inspiration to us all

>not recognizing the true master
plebs

There was always a book above my toilet growing up. My step dad was an alcoholic prick but I glad he introduced me to the Far Side and also Friday as a kid.

I guess I'm happy he helped bring my little sister into this world too, I realized the other day that she's probably the one person in this world I truly love and would do anything for, and I almost cried. It's weird seeing her grow up and go through high school

Nice life story, but could you be a bit more explicit with the incest?

Marmaduke reminds me of the Dog Planet copypasta. It's why I never returned to /co/.

>white nuclear family

so just a family?

I love it, I have a signed copy of There's Treasure Everywhere.

Yeah, he's a huge recluse as well. I don't blame him, people seem to think he owes them his presence, but what left is there to say? What left is there to present to the people but your art? I say let him enjoy his fucking life after giving us such a great body of work.

Well,

a few years after my mom and that guy divorced she was dating another guy for like 3mo (long lost high school bffs) when he unexpectedly hit some hard times and so him, his two sons, and his daughter who was a few months older than me started living with us. Me and the girl were bored, horny 16 year olds who didn't know anyone in the area so of course after like 3 weeks we were making out and fooling around when nobody else was home, and eventually we fucked a few times. That went on for like 2 months before she got sent off to some military school to make up credits so she could graduate on time. While there she told the administrators that I had been raping her and try they called CPS and these detectives came to the house and questioned me and my parents (they were engaged by then) and I had to fess up about what was going on. Lucky for me that dumb bitch had sent me love letters about how much she wanted the D and I kept them, so I showed everyone those and was cleared. Patents were pissed/disappointed but had my back. She came back to live with us for the summer and I completely ignored her, then she moved away to live with her crazy mom in Oklahoma and never saw/heard from her again. I kinda regret not confronting her about it face to face but it's w/e. Whole things prob why I have intimacy issues now

Yes, though not the norm you'd typically hear from today's Zionist-run media.

LMAO! COW TOOLS!!!1!

LMAO!!!!!11!!

It's great.
Nothing more to say.

america is a stupid country. the only genius that can arise in america has to arise obliquely, in weird forms like this.

wow this came straight from the subconscious. amazing

I can't believe I never heard about this. I'm going to spend my elderly days researching old memes and laughing my ass off.

How old are these?

You're a fucking idiot.

What's the matter lil brobro?

Genuinely great. I was depressed when I saw the reply count to this thread because I knew someone would have posted that they didn't like it. And it's just sad to me that some people can't enjoy something so amazingly good.

I'm not the biggest fan of Trump but these are incredibly lame, it's like something my aunt would post on Facebook.

I don't think Calvin was meant to be portrayed as a representation of evil/ignorance for the reader to project their personal villains onto, he's just a kid after all and Watterson is probably making fun of himself/human nature in a lot of these

this post is embarrassing. grow up and lose the tumblr "my fave thing is 2 good for this wurld" attitude.

Nah, just irritated at the certainty that the Veeky Forums contrarianism is ubiquitous.

I think the point those are making is that Trump is a large child, not that Calvin is evil

why must you hate

Its not That Bad....

Lucky fuck

This.

One of the only pure and good things in this world.
Bill Waterson's integrity is beyond reproach.

This.

Also, quads of truth checked.

i never said i hated calvin and hobbes, but i dont see why its so bad if someone does