Woah

Woah.

>writing a novel about the anime berserk

Dying Earth needs far more attention as a genre. It's magical to me

It has only two authors to its name, right?

pretty much yeah

It's a cool background to have, but really what made Vance and Wolfe awesome is that they just didn't give a fuck, they didn't allow themselves to be confined by genre, and as a result put out pure condensed imagination.

The books are surprisingly good.
I don't get why the editor went for a meme deviant art cover.

>deviant art existed when this book was written

No you fucking retard. Neck yourself.

I want to buy a kindle version. I've read, however, that there are spelling mistakes. Is it part of Wolfe's style or are they genuine spelling mistakes and I should buy a hard copy?

You shouldn't be buying digital books or comics anyway. Just pirate them, buy only what you can hold in your hand.

A deviant art cover would actually be damn good.

I don't want to get kicked out of the university. Might do that back home though.

Do you realize that you're a parasite?

I don't buy or pirate digital books, I go to the store and buy them or buy them online.

Only retards buy books and comics digitally

I am genuinely impressed by the stupidity of this post. Good job.

Is it true that Wolfe only wrote "Urth of the New Sun" because there was stuff in BOTNS that people weren't understanding?

I like this one. Most artists draw Severian looking pretty goofy.

Holy...I want more.....

The third image doesn't fit, though, it's depicting a scene from the second book, the one in the mines with the ape-men.

>>deviant art existed when this book was written
Telling someone to kill themselves because you don't understand a simple figure of speech. At least one of us was right in thinking the other post was stupid.

There is nothing at all wrong with deviantart. There's some fantastic stuff on that website and its great for budding artists.

I found an artist on there (who has since moved on to better sites, but still has some stuff on there) who I want to commission for my first book once I have it ready.

Why at you saying that at me? I never said anything bad about deviant art.

Good luck user! I actually get most of my commisions from people who want book covers

No, he wrote it because of his editor.

I was thinking it came earlier. Midget cavalry was the fourth book, right? Biggest thing in third book would have been Ozymandias I think, or maybe... maybe those aren't the ape-men from the mines, maybe they're supposed to be zooanthropes?

I think people from Games Workshop read Wolfe and used his dank greek words, Zoanthropes, Lictors, Carnifex, Autarch, Terminus Est. There's probably a lot more. Could be a coincidence of course.

This stuff was so damn Catholic

>ozymandias
You mean Typhon?

Is this series good in a literary sense? Is it well written and intellectually challenging? Or is it trash for autists who read Brandon Sanderson and masturbate over 'lore'?

> Is it well written
Yes
>intellectually challenging
If you think it's easy it will be because you are missing the subtext which in this work is 90% of what's actually happening.

I think the second and third images are in the wrong order, iirc Sword was the most Dorcas-centric book.