My younger brother who is in 8th grade wants to know some tough math problems form Veeky Forums. So...

My younger brother who is in 8th grade wants to know some tough math problems form Veeky Forums. So, ITT: Tough Math Problems for 8th Graders

Pic unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

artofproblemsolving.com/wiki/index.php/2012_AMC_8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are you retarded?

>UnderagedB&

prove a+b=c

prove that OP isn't a faggot

Show that any even number greater than 2 can be expressed as the sum of two primes.

prove sqrt(2) exists

No. My younger brother is underage, however I am not. He is not posting this, either.

if an object moving at a constant velocity of 8m/s[west] stops after 10s, how far did the object travel?

80 Meters west he said.

Ya guys wanna tell him how he did? :^)

Divide a circle into noncongruent equal area pieces using only chords.

Not a problem but make him do the Fibonacci sequence, learn about that conjecture that always turn to 1 just for curiosity and the coolness of Math.

Also make him play the "Happy numbers" thing if he knows what powers are.

Ask him about the rock crab in the nearby thread about Martian rock crabs. I am curious what an 8th grader makes of that.

That seems hard. He wants help with that, you can add his Skype. It's user.ymous458

Link?

Will do, thanks.

Link? It is a thread on one of the first two pages here. If that is too hard for you, never mind.

artofproblemsolving.com/wiki/index.php/2012_AMC_8

knock yourself out, plenty there, here's one example extract:

Pick two consecutive positive integers whose sum is less than 100. Square both of those integers and then find the difference of the squares. Which of the following could be the difference?

(A) 2 (B) 64 (C) 79 (D) 96 (E) 131

Thank you so much :3

It's unsolved. Good luck :)

X=-13

X-7 = 19+X
-7 = 19+2X
-26 = 2X
-13=X

are u havin a laff?

Someone tell me if I got it right pleas...

Baka ja nai ka?

Geh

oh wait woops i fuckedu p i cant do math when im this tired

No point in using か over の or かい if you're going to write the sentence like that.

X-7 = 19+X
WHAT THE FUCK THIS MAKES NO SENSE

-7 DOES NOT EQUAL NINETEN

FUCK YOU DON'T MOCK ME WHEN I'M TRYING TO DO MATH AT MIDNIGHT AND IM TIRED AS FUCK

FUCK YOU FOR YOUR SHITTY PROBLEM

FUCK YOU I AM GOD.

YOU SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SOLVE IT BECAUSE IT'S UNSOLVABLE IF NEWTON WAS HERE HE'D BE YELING AT YOU WITH ME, HOW DOES HTAT MAKE YOU FEEL THAT NEWTON WOULD BE YELLING AT YOU

I WROTE THE FUCKING PROOF YOU STUPID RETARDED BABOON ASS MONKEY RETARDED HYPOCRITICAL LYING FUCK
YOU'RE A FUCKING RETARDED MONKEY FLAILING AROUND WHO CLEARLY DOESN'T KNOW SHIT
YOU BETTER NOT FUCKING THINK OF MAKING AN ACADEMIC CAREER BECAUSE I'M GOING TO FUCKING TRACK YOU DOWN AND MAKE YOUR LIFE HELL YOU FUCKING INBRED BABOON

4 is 2+2, 6 = 3+3 and 8 = 5+3
all those numbers are sums of primes, but what about the general case?
Proof that all non prime integers are sums of two primes (Hint: Use proof by induction)

>can't manipulate a simple equation
bruh

3 can't be written as a sum of two primes, thus you are a faggot, qed.

Now fuck off

>any even number

Stop posting this thread

wasn't that one of the problems of the Millennium?

x literally equals zero you dumbass.

next

is this Veeky Forums average reading comprehension?

That's what you said, yes.

>inb4 age old debate of whether or not 3 is an even number

Are u retarded?

OP: Hmmm...I'm in 8th grade and need to challenge myself with some problems for an 8th grader. But if I tell people I'm in 8th grade I'll get banned! Hmm....
>hey guys my """younger brother""" (who is in 8th grade btw) wants to know how to do maths

let a+b equal c

(n+1)^2-n^2=2n+1 which is odd, so we can eliminate (A), (B), and (D).
n+(n+1)

1 second, 1 minute, 12 minutes
What do these times have in common?

Nice trips. What is the answer?

>Let sqrt(2)
In what kind of context?
Prove it exists in R or C ?

Prove that X+X=X

they are all amounts of time

they have 1s

They are all 1 "tic" on a clock. 1 tic for the second hand is 1 second, 1 tic for the minute hand is one minute, 1 tic for the hour hand is 12 minutes

is p=np

Prove or give a counter-example of the following statement:
In three space dimensions and time, given an initial velocity field, there exists a vector velocity and a scalar pressure field, which are both smooth and globally defined, that solve the Navier–Stokes equations.

if p=0 or if n=1 then yes, otherwise no