What books take me away from this nightmarish reality?

What books take me away from this nightmarish reality?

The Holy Bible.

Critique of Pure of Reason. You'll know that the reality as in things in themselves you speak of is a meme.

Wind and the Willows

You better read 'On Women' by Schopenhauer and 'My Twisted World' by Elliot Rodger. Then you should be ready for the real red pill - Mein Kampf

My diary desu

anything good and long. I've been in a shit way for the past year and I've found that reading postmodernist/modernist tomes is one of the most effective forms of escapism. Allows you to forget about reality since you are overwhelmed by and trying to understand textual effects, characters, themes etc. Philosophy is ok too but I find it just makes me feel worse, though I am glad that I read it. Also probably stay away from pynchon, he'll just make you feel worse, though he's obviously fantastic. Women and Men by Joseph McElroy, if you're comfortable reading it on an ereader (I did) or spending a lot of money to buy it physically, is the best book in which to subsume your real sadness.

Alice in Wonderland

Is that fuck fest even worth reading though

watership down

Karamazov, it will show you how to love the world

>reccing Dostoevsky
I've been paranoid for weeks after reading Notes
Don't listen to that advice op

It's a fucking incredible book. If you enjoy maximalist fiction, or experimental fiction in general, you will be enthralled. He also changes the style of prose every chapter, so you can go from reading his insane 'breather' chapters that use this incredible form of prose he calls the colloidal unconscious, to really touching and straightforwardly written vignettes of interactions between women and men. You should read the chapter called Ship Rock, it's online somewhere, it's a chapter of w&m around the first quarter. Incredible chapter, describes this volcanic formation, but beyond that it's impossible to explain. Please give McElroy a try, he's impossibly underappreciated for how uniquely virtuosic he is. attached is a random section from the novel, each page is just as good, often better.

you sound like a limp wristed faggot lmao

Just meet new people and do stuff that you find mutually enjoyable, it's more helpful than any book for suicidal people

The Enneads

Read Tolkien's "On Fairy Stories" and then dive into fantasy novels.

>lmao just somehow make people like you and want to spend time with you bro
>easy lol, just b urself :^)
kys

Except it's a totally different book. I recommend the Karamazov brothers too. I'm currently rereading it because i feel depressed

But what do you do when you hate yourself and everyone around you

Suicide or pic related.

Original

Quick blog post because this thread is shit either way and I need to vent

I'm doing a red cross first aid course and there's a cute girl that seems to be suffering want of dick. She laughed at all my mediocre jokes last saturday and today as well. Decided I'd ask her out after class but once we finished everyone said bye quickly and I saw her go her way. Just stood there like a dumbass watching her FINE ass recede and instead of catching up to her and offer to drink a beer or some shit I just walked to the bus stop.

So frustrating that after a year of solid confidence gains, risking the embarrassment of rejection by some random girl still causes so much stress.

Maybe next week I'll dare.

Atleast try and make it lit related.

But forget asking her for a drink then. Just make sure you catch up to her and talk about class.
Then when you realise the mistake you've made in talking about such a shitty topic, ask her for a drink then.
If she rejects, oh well. You know where you stand with her then.

Ask her for a fucking drink you pussy, you don't want to grow up to be a limp dicked crumb eater now would you. Don't be a fucking retard, retard. If you don't ask her out for a drink, someone else will and he will deflower her in exactly the same way you imagine it as you wank. Follow your dreams, or else someone else will fuck your dreams, fuck them right in there and then your dreams will be fucked and all that will remain is you, this board and your tears.

Why take the long way around the subject instead of straight up asking her? I thought with girls it's better to be very clear on your intentions so as to not give the impression of a simple "friendly" drink.

Also I did try to make it Veeky Forums related but I realised the topic of my blog post was overly angst-YA so why bother.

Thank you for this. This is the type of approach to life that I've been using (trying) for the past year or so, and god damn does an exaggerated confidence simplify things. I really started understanding the "fake it 'till you make it" idea. Hence the frustration in this case, so stupid. But good reminder.

great kino