Who /shitty student/ here?

Who /shitty student/ here?

>only talk to professors and TA's about school related things, to autistic to make proper small talk before and after class
>only ask questions or use office hours as an EXTREME last resort
>don't ask for career or school advice
>don't volunteer, only participate in class if mandatory
>basically an easily forgotten nameless face
>all the other students build rapport and make class enjoyable for the professor

I bet you don't even get invited to the monthly professor/student parties.

I'm like this
It was hard finding recommendations for things

Childhood trauma, neglect or abuse. They are more arrogant, full of themselves as their parents.

p-pls tell me youre baiting :'(

Most students are actually like that and still get As and jobs.

R-really? I'm not in school yet but I see myself doing this. I'm decent in social situtions but it takes me awhile to really get comfortable with people

Oh, user. There, there. It's okay to give up.

Letters of recommendation are cancer

> hey it's user, I was in your class 3 years ago and now I'm gonna ask you for something

Most employers do not care as long as you are a good worker and have a decent GPA. Research experience and internships also helps a lot.

I always sit quietly in the back row, I'm supposed to have a mentor, I have never seen the guy.

Those professors are gonna be pretty surprised when they see some random asshole show up at the end of the year. I don't know if making no impression instead of a bad one is good or bad honestly.

You're basically the average student; not exceptionally good, but certainly not bad.

You don't have to make small-chat with the professor about random shit. Talking to them about the subject matter is good enough. Everyone's there to learn about that stuff, anyway. To simply talk to them period IS going to make you more memorable.

I used to love those in my undergrad. Makes the profs seem so much more down to earth. The profs never really drink much though and tend to leave early. Phds on the other hand... man they did some crazy shit

Less than 10% of my students have come to office hours ever, and less than 1% have ever come when they weren't cramming for the test or needing last minute help with an assignment.

what do you teach?

i was a TA and my experience was the same as his. also, i'm in engineering which is almost all guys and the girls were by far the most frequent visitors. most guys would only show up if they wanted to argue about their grades.

Fuck I hate school

in your opinion were the females less capable then their male counterparts?

Well, are you doing above average in your class though? If so you are just saving your professor time while being a good performing student. People respect introverts in universities.

mostly calculus

Then suddenly you are the kid who the teacher secretly hates because they act interested to get shit from them

the by far worst student was this daft bitch in her 40s that would come to my office hours every fucking time.

other than that the girls were below average to average in terms of overall class performance. the top students were all guys.

Is it in your opinion that females are "dumber" then average? Without actually being a sexist bastard who's butthurt over years of rejection I would indeed say females are dumber on average. Not saying they can't be smart but that's it a rarity

Yeah totally not sexist.

(checked)

it's hard to tell because like i said the girls outnumbered the guys at my office hours. they also came for different reasons, guys generally only came to argue about their grades/points taken off. girls largely came to be spoonfed answers.

the main exception to the spoonfeeding rule was this dipshit that wore a fedora, trench coat, and had a MLP binder and shirt that he wore on occasion. before him i never witnessed one of them in person. he would fucking show up with a blank sheet of paper and do the whole homework in my office hours. if i was helping someone else he would cut in and was an all around faggot.

also, another problem is that the girls in engineering are largely in it for the money. many of guys are too, but there are is still a good chunk that genuinely like to work on/design things. the bulk of the girls also went into civil and industrial engineering because they are considered easier. meche, EE, and compe were almost entirely devoid of women. most of the intelligent girls i met are in pure sciences/math. those are the ones that truly have a passion for the topic and aren't just chasing money.

Just tell them that you don't have time. I always asked my TA's and profs holding the course if they had some spare time to answer some questions. We always went in as groups asking questions. We can accept a no as an answer, rather that than always feeling like we are being douches.

>claiming to be a /shitty/ student
>letting the professor see your face even once during the semester

The less dependent on the professor you are, the better your understanding of the material will be. At the end of the day, demonstrating a rock-solid understanding of the material far outweighs friendly banter with the professor.

fortunately, i'm no longer a TA and with any luck i'll graduate before my adviser's funding starts to run out, i.e. i won't TA again.

OP, I so wish to be in your position.
You surely don't want to end up in my position, where the professor remembers your name and how you look.
I always failed his courses once, and always redid them. In december I passed a lab and the prof did not have to ask for my name, he asked me "is it user right?" and wrote down a passing grade. I thought that it perhaps just was that time, the second time I passed another he did the same shit.

That fucker must hate my guts for some reason, I want to be invisible, doing my shit without them remembering who the fuck the passing student is. This is scary Veeky Forums.