Ask a boy that just got accepted into the WPI computer science program with a $62K scholarship anything

Ask a boy that just got accepted into the WPI computer science program with a $62K scholarship anything.

Congrats!

Now we wait for the comfy hate comments, OP. Good luck

Ever worked an 8 hour shift? do you deserve your position? are you a valuable member of society?

I would stick to /g/ user. Try to avoid mentioning CS or anything development / programming related on Veeky Forums. There is much asspain and jealously to be found here.

It is more elitism than jealousy here. I'm pretty sure most people here aren't jealous of other majors, but rather want to justify their own choices in life.

im considering transferring to this school to major in CS and or math. thoughts?

What's it like being a little virgin computer fag?

Can you tell them to just give you the $62K in cash and then not go to their school?

It's just pretentious undergrads.

If you had worked harder in high school you could have gotten into a better uni

>acting like this is an accomplishment
>i got in months ago
>got $80k for salutatorian at meme high school
>49% accept rate
Nice Try.

If all of that is true why did you come to a Tibetan Tapestry Discussion Board to brag about it?

Will you join the Satellite Development Club? You should. Also, there are mumblings on campus about the CS program being dated.

are you a cute boy? post feet?

>got a pretty big scholarship
>chose CS

what a waste tbqhwy

Good job. Don't waste your time on Veeky Forums. Quit this site. Work hard. Don't be a failure like us.

It's funny how most people on this board don't even have a degree let alone a maths/physics degree. They talk about cs and engineering majors as though they are trash when they themselves probably fix toilets for a living lmao.
>inb4 butthurt cs student
Actually studying theoretical physics.

argie here, whats the beef with this college?
and how it compares with, lets say, mit and the like?

anyways, gratz user!

Beautiful campus, I remember visiting and really liking the school in general. Only gripe was
>70-30 Male-Female ratio

CS person here who worked with WPI people for two summers during undergrad and graduate school.

My impression is that WPI has a very strong program, but that the people there are (for some reason) either (1) very pretentious or (2) extremely personable. Just some examples:

Examples of pretentious people:
>getting defensive when they found out that I came from a more 'prestigious' school

They also seem to think that they know more than they really do. For example, there was a
>guy working on a web-development project talking out of his ass to a bunch of other WPI people about CS theory [[picture /g/ trying to talk about complexity theory]]

As for (2), there was this black kid from WPI who was extremely easy to talk too. He was very down-to-earth, and he was legitimately interested in learning things. For example, the last summer I worked with him, I was working as a graduate research engineer. My research was in random linear network coding, cryptographic fail-safes for information-centric networks, and information-theoretic proofs of secrecy in IoT protocols--all things that he had no exposure to. He actually asked me to sit and explain to him my work, took the time to understand it, and asked real questions.

If you'll be at WPI, be like kid (2).

Also, is the scholarship $62k/yr, or is it $62k for the duration of the program? $62k for the duration of a program won't take you far at a lot of schools.

to talk to****

forgive my elementary mistakes; just woke up not too long ago.

Is WPI run better than RPI? RPI is ranked better but their administration is kleptocratic and retarded

I went there. At least you're going for free, but it's probably going to be a waste of your time because it's not elite. The CS department also smells bad.

>Is WPI run better than RPI? RPI is ranked better but their administration is kleptocratic and retarded
No, the administration is kleptocratic at WPI too.

I was thinking of going here also, is this a "good enough' university for undergrad? I noticed that it's also a R2 University is that bad?

But anyways congrats OP

>I was thinking of going here also, is this a "good enough' university for undergrad?
For engineering or CS sure. For science, absolutely not, it's not ranked highly enough.

>I noticed that it's also a R2 University is that bad?
Everything that isn't a top 20 or so is bad.

You're an idiot