Does anybody else unhealthily fantasize that they are actually going to a school like Harvard or MIT instead of the...

Does anybody else unhealthily fantasize that they are actually going to a school like Harvard or MIT instead of the shithole they ended up in? I like thinking that I'll end up going places, having a good life, etc., and then I remember that none of that is ever going to happen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_J09aeeBVtk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, wtf. That sounds so retarded. Focus on what you have.

Yeah, this

Don't waste your time with this fantasy OP, focus on your GPA now and build a better app if you're planning on a grad school and worried that your school isn't good enough

>not becoming good enough so you can work your way and get a PHD in a ivy school

I'm from a thirld world country and my college sent kids to study in american college.

if you're american you have nobody to blame but yourself.

>planning on a grad school
Yeah unfortunately I am near the end of my undergrad studies and I am apathetic toward my field. I want to get a PhD in a different field but that's impossible since I don't have any relevant coursework. Guess I'll just have to waste my life away in the corporate world.

Due to affirmative action even if you have below average scores if you're black and from a country in africa they'll let you in.

> have an MIT sweatshirt from when I was in boston a while ago
> only wear it when I'm alone
> placebo effect gives +1 intelligence

who else /larp/ but actually wants to /die/

No...

The real affirmative action is that americans and women ever get in

It would be 95% male with 80% chinks and jeets if they only cared about GPA and test scores

MIT's undergrad culture is cancer.

>maladaptive daydreaming
is that way.

And no, I'm just bitter about it, like a normal person.

>jeets
Why is this the first time I heard this, that's hilarious.

Depends on your field user

If you don't need billion dollar lab equipment to do your research, there's really no difference at all

There's is a difference if you want any chance at all of having a decent academic career.

What makes an academic career "decent"?

Not that many foreigners apply to American unis
Also at this point except at MIT engineering its harder to get into colleges as a women because they apply in greater volume and are usually pitted against other women in the admissions process aa colleges try to keep close to a 50-50 ratio.

I spent my life self-learning. And given that most people got drunk and watched tv "every single day" of their lives or studied in one field alone, I'm grateful for my intelligent mind; thankful for not being one of the ignorant masses. And though I once idolized the guys I believed were sci "greats," I have far surpassed their learning, courage and contributions.

Yes, when I cant sleep at night I just make up my story where I am 10/10 intelligent aesthetic chad doing phd on stanford in warm cali, I live in comfy dorm.

Unfortunately I am poor brainlet 3/10 and I live in post commie republic.

I was expanding my dream world and over years I worked on many details of my story where I am better version of myself.

youtu.be/_J09aeeBVtk

Yes, then I go troll Veeky Forums when I feel bad about it. Feels bad that I have no prospects in science without an elite pedigree all because I was too busy playing videogames to do extracurriculars in high school.

Having it at Harvard or MIT, obviously.

haha well done man. i was willing to believe this was serious up to the very end.

pajeets are trash. there's a reason why there's few pajeets at top universities.

Homie, you're me. Nice to see I'm not alone, at least.

No, but I knew several students at my small (~2000 student) university who acted like they were going to MIT

No, I go to a really good school. I fantasize about living in little quiet town with a nice girl and having an actual job.

Eh, I just take it in stride, and make up for it by really putting the pressure on to study hard. I have a 4.0 at my shitty public state school. If I keep it up I will be able to level up to whatever school I want eventually for Masters/PHD stuff.

Same here. I'm also doing research at my shitty state school, and I just landed a killer internship for the summer. So if I keep my 4.0 I bet I won't have any trouble getting into at least one of my top school choices.

>Not going to the best public university in your state and do graduate studies on an public/private ivy or XTech.
You smell like brainlet, OP.

Y'know that there are some great scientist that didn't go to an ivy or MIT, right?
Also, those people went there people ivy used to be cheap before they became a meme.

Just look at Terence "PhD in Shiposting Math" Tao, he's an Aussie and made a fuckton of contribution to Math and he didn't go to an Ivy until his graduate studies and now he teaches in fucking UCLA instead of an Ivy.

Fucking grammar piece of shit, gotta fix my shit.
>great scientists
>those people thart went to an ivy had the best time to get in there, since it used to be cheap before it became a education meme.

I'm the most baka in the world desu.

i have an MIT sweatshirt from when I did a tour before i was denied. I wear it in the gym now

I just got accepted to a top 15 physics PhD program (not that rankings mean a whole lot at the graduate level) so I'm pretty happy even though it's not Harvard/MIT

¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯

He's also the most far flung outlier in the past century

I've seen you before. stop filling posts with your shitty need for attention, wasting everyone's time

every day m8

>Yeah unfortunately I am near the end of my undergrad studies and I am apathetic toward my field. I want to get a PhD in a different field but that's impossible since I don't have any relevant coursework. Guess I'll just have to waste my life away in the corporate world.

Would it be possible for you to take post-bac coursework, or perhaps do a masters? What transition are you trying to make?

me too.

I'm also getting very good at it.