YALE RENAMES COLLEGE AFTER MATHEMATICIAN ALUMNA

>Yale drops slavery proponent Calhoun from college name
archive.is/6l1KC

>Highlights
Yale trustees said the Ivy League university is renaming Calhoun College after trailblazing computer scientist Grace Murray Hopper, a mathematician who earned Yale degrees in the 1930s, invented a pioneering computer programming language and became a Navy rear admiral.

She graduated from Yale in 1930 and earned a doctorate in mathematics and mathematical physics from there in 1934, just a year after Calhoun College was established.

After teaching math at Vassar College in New York for nearly a decade, she enlisted in the Navy and "used her mathematical knowledge to fight fascism during World War II," the university said.

A programming language her team invented in the 1950s was a predecessor to the widely-used COBOL. She retired as a Navy rear admiral at age 79, and died in 1992 at age 85. She was posthumously awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom last year.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preston_Brooks
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good for her.

why dont they mention compilers?

You know what is sad about this, it is less important that someone worthy of the honor is being recognized than the fact they are removing the name of a 'slavery proponent'.
It really degrades both Calhoun's legacy and her legacy. She'll forever been known as the person they tossed in because 'we can't have that guy who hated blacks in there!'
It is only a matter of time before they start toppling statues of people and replace them with tranbian black queer demifolk.

go away /pol/, Grace Hopper is known for more than that you fucking idiot

> that twenty dollar bill change
I mean hopper is still pretty based.
I saw one of lectures on Youtube.

that wasn't his point

>le /pol/ bogeyman
back to rebbit!

Let's be honest if it were some Marxist being removed you would applaud. It's good they remove a name of a politician and put a name of an actual scientist there.

Would be better if they put her name next to the previous one?

>nigger appeasement
lmao

not him but I would definitely not applaud. it sets a very bad precedent to kowtow to this kind of crybullying.

quit being butthurt. calhoun was a dick

there is a city near me in FL that is literally named after this asshole
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preston_Brooks
his only claim to fame is bringing violence into the senate. they need to rename some shit

Is there any credibility left? I'd say no. Enjoy your new
SJW universities with extra amount of diversity! Remember that many skilled white guys has had denied an entrance becouse they aren't a minority yet.

kek, you do realize that you are the establishment now, right? Who are you trying to convince? Election is over, you won, the only one to rave against is your man now.

Reminder to everyone in this thread Veeky Forums, /pol/ or troll that Calhoun was a proponent of minority rights (politically) because he got butt mad that Industrialization was overtaking the south economically.

Let the greater irony not be lost here that his name is being dropped for a computer scientist who is assisted in automation and a new industrialization age.

Normies don't know what compilers are

>people having different opinions than me is (((crybullying)))

I just don't understand why they think that you need to tear things down in order to uplift something else.

You could easily have named a new building, college, hall etc. after her.

Don't see a problem, who cares lol

Prez Trump has no power over private universities [insert a banter about his here]

I'm not that guy but it was. The assumption is that this is what will come to mind when people think of her. Just because you're not familiar with her doesn't mean no one else is.

>Southern slave owners treat their slaves better than how those industrial northerners treat their wage slaves. It's like renting and owning a car.

Lol, take your dumb argument back to the civil war.

Who the fuck cares about what Yale names its buildings? ITT getting mad for contrived reasons about a school you don't attend.

They should stop calling themselves top university. They are top joke at most.

> being this out of touch with how research is paid for
:^)

affirmative action protects whites more than any other racial group though.
stop blaming the minority boogeyman for your own failures.

>his only claim to fame is bringing violence into the senate.
and this is bad why?

garbage bullshit
affirmative action is what squeezes whites out of schools
they count kikes as 'white' so they can just stop admitting white people full stop

Please explain how Trump can single handedly stop this name change?

FOR GODS SAKE /POL/ NOT EVERYTHING IS A WHITE GENOCIDE CONSPIRACY YOU FUCKING LUNATICS. THAT IS WHAT YOUR /POL/ ECHO CHAMBER IS FOR SO YOU CAN POST YOUR SHIT THERE AND GET YOUR HUNDREDS OF (((YOUS))) YOU DESPARATELY CRAVE TO JUSTIFY YOUR SAD MISERABLE EXISTENCE.

Probably because she didn't invent the compiler. She invented the linker.

Great, another worthless nigger replacing humans.
I wonder how long it'll take for the TRUE founding fathers, Tyrone, Tyrtwo and Tyrthree, to be revealed.

Jews, women, niggers, when will we slaughter all these worthless subhumans ?
Will Civilisation need to collapse yet another time before we finally take care of the problem ?

Of course, all elements of white history must be abolished
We were always multi-cultural liberals, a "nation" of immigrants

Please take your pills Larry.

Why are you screaming, dude?

Leftists, man...

Mmhm, it seems that someone got in becouse of his race only.

Elihu Yale was also a dick. Should they rename the school? Maybe calling it "Bush" or "Clinton" University will settle things.

Go away dumb frogposter