Veeky Forums humor thread?

Veeky Forums humor thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/TghsnOl
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coastline_paradox
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kill yourself

That was an unnecessarily hurtful thing to say.

let's try to savage this thead...

does Veeky Forums often do ylyl? i want to learn new things in a fun and funny setting

omg, fucking awesome

Why do you always start these with the same unfunny image.

My ODE professor told me that Wronski was "an idiot" who got lucky fishing for math processes that could have future applications.

that "Wronskian" was just some stuff he tried but didn't know what to do with at all.

How hones is this?

I seriously hope this isn't from a real project.

how else are you gonna do that? you can't index the array with the strings that getLabel returns...

Traditionally those pics are made from real world code.

Pic related is from a project I worked on. Guy had a massive ego about how good of a programmer he was which made this even more retarded.

>you can't do a simple cast from string to int

That looks like C++, and C++ people are generally not taught how casts or strings work.

Nothing quite like seeing an #import for simple type conversions.

It looks like java.

>people are generally not taught how casts or strings work.

this is one of the few things a shitty code monkey class on C / C++ will actually teach

Joke my math teacher used to write on the board.

Your math teacher would write [math]\displaystyle \lim_{x\to0} \frac{8}{x} = \infty[/math]? That's retarded, the limit clearly doesn't exist.

you want it to be plus/minus infinity, right?

it doesn't exist because infinity doesn't exist

Oh no. No no no. Leave that for the Wild threads.

Therefore the joke is not funny. QED

People should learn boolean algebra before using booleans

It wouldn't be plus/minus infinity. The limit isn't defined you brainlet. The limit is only defined if the left sided and right sided limit approach the same value. -inf != inf last time I checked.

Needs a [math] \lim_{x\to 0^+} \frac{8}{x} = \infty [/math] to be proper abusive notation.

>C++ people are generally not taught how casts or strings work
Any good C++ programmer knows at least intermediate C. And casts with strings are the very basics of C.

Also, there's a fucking std::to_string.

The most mindboggling thing there isn't the lack of Boolean algebra but the introduction of new variables instead of simply interpreting the bools as ints.

imgur.com/TghsnOl

10/10

I don't know what scares me more, not storing all these booleans in an array, not knowing how to use them properly as ints, or WHY does he need so much booleans

cringe.

>a dog is a sphere
topologists and physicists bff

I try to avoid strings so I don't really know syntax/standard ways.
Couldn't you do a quick dirty cast via
int char2digit(char a) return a - '0';

2*9.8m/s^2 right?

Name of this book?

An angel came down for a meeting of the American Philosophical Association. Greeting the philosophers, the angel offered to answer a single question for them. Immediately the philosophers set to arguing about what they should ask. So the angel said, "Alright, you figure out what you want to ask. I'll come back tomorrow." A
> Some of the philosophers favored asking conjunctive questions, but others argued persuasively that the angel probably wouldn't count this as a single question. One philosopher wanted to ask "What is the best question to ask?", in the hope that some day another angel might make a similar offer, at which point they could then ask the best question. But this suggestion was rejected by those who feared that no such opportunity would arise and did not want to waste their only question.
> Finally, the philosophers agreed on the following question: "What is the ordered pair whose first member is the best question to ask, and whose second member is the answer to that question?" Satisfied with their decision, the philosophers awaited the angel's return the next day, whereupon they posed their question. And the angel replied: "It is the ordered pair whose first member is the question you just asked, and whose second member is the answer I am now giving." And then he disappeared.

>Dean, to the physics department: "Why do I always have to give you guys so much money, for laboratories and expensive equipment and stuff? Why couldn't you be more like the math department - all they need is pencils, paper, and waste-paper baskets. Or even better, like the philosophy department. All they need are pencils and paper."

>not asking how to construct such pair with second order logic
That's why philosophers are out of job.

Jesus right in the feels

well at least they didn't waste the question.

can someone post the one about the einstein-rosen bridge? it was a post on Veeky Forums

lmao what book is this from

I fucking love these so much because even if they're made up, you know someone is capable of doing it

I wouldn't blame the topologists for introducing geometry into number theory. Not only are some pretty fundamental results proved entirely geometrically (finiteness of class number), but Grothendieck was the one who decided that ideals should be geometric points.

If you you unironically use )( for x you are truly autistic

>anyone who does things differently than me are autistic
no user, you are the autism.

ehehehehehehehehe

>5000x3260
Can you not

dude this is java and it's a fucking one line thing
GUI.cards[Integer.parseInt(a.getLabel())-1];
who isn't taught casting? that's intro shit.

Is that true? Wouldn't there be two circles of different radii that form? The inner one with perimeter pi, the outer with perimeter 4

>WHY does he need so much booleans
Thats even more rage inducing, but doesn't fit in a pic.

The user can add some items to a list, adding an item gives you some windows with settings to customize the item. One of the windows has 12 checkboxes the user can select with the heading 'Select all the applies:'. a_i stores whether a checkbox is ticked, and if any one of them is ticked a single bool (the result of this function) is stored in the item to show that.

Why have 12 checkboxes instead of just 1?
Why have the user check multiple boxes if checking only 1 has the same result?

nobody knows

Ive observed users using the program, and that single window takes more time than all the others when adding an item because everyone reads the whole thing and checks multiple boxes before continuing, which doesn't do anything. But im not in change of the UI, and the guy wont listen to anyone since his code is perfect.

No, the inner circle will always be pi, the other shape, which would never be a circle, will have a perimeter 4.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coastline_paradox

What's so bad about killing stray cats in the name of science? Shelters euthanize millions every year.

leave this sacred place

I guess you have to understand how Twitter works to get this one. Kek teenagers

I literally did this for an assignment last week.

Is this what maths becomes when you try desperately to come up with new things?

This shit isnt so funny anymore when half the proofs are like that.
The the "proofs" in the script of my professor look like this:
"Obvious"
"Just check it"
"Follows from definition"
"Caluculate!"
"Linear Algebra"

You're supposed to be go through and fill in details yourself. Lectures don't have time to cover things you already know how to do.

Ironically the professor who is giving the lectures and the professor who provided the script are different and during the lectures proper proofs were given.
The author of the skript was just too lazy to writen them down.