Been depressed for a few months because I can never get shit done

>been depressed for a few months because I can never get shit done
>study electrical engg and like the material but never can bring myself to study
>just read about random shit everyday
>doc puts me on anti depressants, which just make me tired all the time and less focused
>go in again tell her it doesn't work, says she has something else we can try
>gives me a dex perscription

Wtf Veeky Forums been taking this shit (5mg) everyday this week and I fucking understand everything. Lectures are the most enjoyable thing ever and I actually can follow the prof and enjoy all the derivations and math theory in my courses. Is this how your supposed to feel? I feel like my brain is fucking overclocked or someshit. Also been noticing that I'm just a fucking speed demon and my brain works better the "faster" I am. (i.e, take my medicine and then put on some hardstyle and grind through some citcuits). Whats the catch??

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20888040
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16950217
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23247506
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Welcome to the wonderful world of stimulants. Enjoy your stay.

the catch is that you'll become addicted and be some jaw grinding meth head in the long term

What's dex? Dextro amphetamine?

no shit einstein

>americans get to have god-mode pills prescribed to them on the regular
>in europe you can maybe get ritalin if you're literally unable to function without it
>dextroamphetamine isn't even used as a medicine

there was a thread on here asking why american universities do much better than european ones
got your answer right here, buddy

That's what I'm scared of. I feel like I finally have my life together but idk if it's the drug taking the edge of my daily anxiety. I really don't know what to do. I actually really enjoy school now thanks to this. I've been trying since 11th grade to get my shit together. Meditation, making lists, I've been working out consistently for 3 yrs. Hell I even disconnected Internet for a solid month and blocked Veeky Forums and other sites. Ended up just reading the news all day or walking around the house in laps when I got bored.

>doc puts me on anti depressants, which just make me tired all the time and less focused
>go in again tell her it doesn't work, says she has something else we can try
Did either your doctor or your pharmacist tell you that anti-depressants take a couple of weeks to kick in? They are usually taken with a benzodiazepine in the beginning for instant treatment and the benzodiazepine prescription is taken off in a couple of weeks because it has more side effects and is potentially addictive.

I knew you were going to post this comment you dirty europoor.

She put me on pristiq. Yeah she told me that. I waited around 5 weeks while on them before going back.

isn't speed really easy to get in europe? Why not just buy that..pretty much the same thing.

>Wtf Veeky Forums been taking this shit (5mg) everyday this week and I fucking understand everything

Kill yourself speedfreak,

you could have fixed your underlying health issues and detoxified your body but you decided to do fucking meth instead

kill yourself

You'll develop a tolerance fairly quickly with daily use and the risk of psychosis increases the longer you use it. Not only that, but any psychotic symptoms you develop (delusions, strange beliefs) won't go away even when you stop using the amphetamines. Look up amphetamine psychosis.

yeah, but it's a racemic cut with all kinds of bullshit, you want the d- enantiomer of amphetamine for the life hacks

speed just makes you a hyperactive retard

If you're going to do drugs to alleviate your "ailments" in life I suggest doing increasing doses of psychedelics in order to induce perspective changing epiphanies and then solidifying these feelings, alternatively, you could take 50 micro grams of lsd every 4-5 days and watch the benefits flow.

why doesnt ritaline makes me feel like this anymore? it's not even tolerance because i was like 6 months or 2 years without it
now even snorting two 10mg pills doesnt give me the same feeling OP described
is because of weed? even when i dont smoke i still feel like that

How do I get my hands on this glorious Reuleaux pill-of-constant-width?

what does Veeky Forums think of modafinil?
i want to try it since im sleep way too much, im always tired and can't focus at all

also how do i get good shit if im europoor (france)

Dex is not meth you fucking brainlet. Amphetamines are not a joke, but you clearly are.

we dont have adderal avaliable in my country either
help me user

I have some of that (author of ). Bought it about a year ago, but still have most of it because I didn't like it. Made me anxious, like I was doing some dirty recreational stim.

I've tried Noopept too but I couldn't say for sure if it was having any effect.

I've become convinced I need some kind of "holy grail" pill but nothing I can get hold of seems to do the trick.

what kind of effect are you looking for

what are the effect of micro dosing lsd

Why not ask for something less addictive and with fewer side effects like modafinil or armodafinil? Its all the rage right now in medical school >.>

I just wanna stop starting things and never finishing them. I'm a jack of all trades who seems to get bored of things quickly and move onto something else.

I'm the op of this post. Yes I suffer from the same thing. I always love picking new things up and enjoy the rush and sense of wonder of being a noob. That being said I'll just randomly fucking loose interest. It didn't bother me much untill I realized I have nothing to show for all the time I spend on things.

Meant for:

I'm a Computer Science major who has very slight ADHD (or think he has it) me and my dad have weird quirks associated with ADHD.

[BRIEF STORY - OPTIONAL SKIP]
I was always the type of person who wanted to learn everything about the world and learn the deep patterns of science. But wasn't able to focus on things like reading my mind would always wander. My mind would always wander and I would procrastinate by browsing the internet instead of doing my homework. I love math but was never able to do it because my mind wandered briefly during lectures and thus never was able to follow through the logic. Hence, I hated math If that makes sense and got shitty grades in high-school so I went to the community college instead of the University I wanted to got to. I wanted be a smart person and my ideal when I was little was becoming someone who would be remembered for centuries due to their contributions to humanity.I tried to hard to study and looking into so many strategies of memorization and learning but none of them worked. My mind just didn't absorb the information.

When I was prescribed Adderall I thought it was the best thing every I was finally able to pursue learning like I always wanted. I understood the risks so I was careful in staying strict to a dosage when my doctor provided it. I got a 4.0 GPA in my college and was remembered by my professors there so I was easily able to network and get recommendations. People wanted to work with me and help me out. I could easily tell it was because they knew I at the top of the class. I finished my general education coursed in one year and transferred to my university.

After I made it to the university adderall started to loose it's impact and my tolerance grew. So I told doc about it and he upped the dose from 5mg to 10 mg and then a year later to 20mg. It worked better and I did okay In school but not perfect. Mind you, I wasn't letting the dr

Mind you, I wasn't letting the drug do all the work, I was working my ass off to study and work. Yet I realized that I only received sub par grades and there were people who did much better than me in school aahhh fuck it no one is going to read this.
[/BRIEF STORY]

No go on and finish. Did you stop taking it afterwards?

Anyway long story short, I learned and experienced first hand that Intelligence truly is largely genetic and due to chemistry rather than enviroment and that those who get ahead in life and successful often have large head start due to their genes. I also realized the natural selection is indeed still happening in the human species but it is more subtle. The public opinion that if you work hard you will succeed if full of shit. My advice is you should marry someone intelligence, so even if the current iteration of your genes doesn't succeed your posterity will.

Okay give me one second to type the rest.

Stimulants are good for your brain in moderation but your heart, kidneys, liver and im sure many other organs hate you for taking them. Ideally, what you should do OP, is take them for a while and analyze your thought patterns. What is the process you are going through in your head while you are on them? Then slowly ween yourself off them while trying to maintain that pattern of thought. Every week or month or so just take a little lower dosage. Once you are off them you will never be quite as quick as you were when you were on them, but it can significantly improve your cognition. After that just keep a few around for a rainy day or some heavy cognitive task. Taking them everyday will fuck your heart in the long run. As for how you "feel" (depressed or whatever) no shit drugs make you feel better, thats like the entire point of drugs.

Same.
Send help.

help me anons

I encourage you to read my conclusion here:

But to continue my story...:
Those who did better that me in the university did not seem to take Adderall. I began to doubt myself and started working even harder to study because I thought it was I wasn't working hard enough but I only saw marginal improvement in my grades. I thought my tolerance has built up so high that I should stop taking it. So I stopped for 3 months during my first internship and I was essentially fired because I couldn’t get any work done. I didn't really have any other time to stop taking it because I had packed classed throughout the winter and summer sessions as well.
The funny thing is that I was doing a double major and every course that I took that wasn’t computer science or math I got perfect A+'s in classes that weren't Comp Sci but my computer science course grades were ranging from C to B- with only one A.
When I took my algorithms class I nearly failed it with a C-. What shattered my view of the world was when I was sitting in the lounge and listening to conversations people were having. I noticed that people who party around and go to parties were maintaining perfect GPAs and getting into top companies like Google and Facebook. I noticed one person in particular who I see plays video games nearly all the time got an A+ in the Algorithms class and got a job at Google, which has notoriously hard interviews. This is when I realized that while crystalized intelligence can grow over time. Fluid intelligence, the ability to solve random puzzle problems on the fly was greatly genetic and can only be improved marginally through practicing them. I am in my final year of college and I still take Adderall and only have a moderate 3.18 G.P.A

maybe you should try some other drug too, don't give up, you are worth more than them

I think psychedelics help to melt your crystallized mind. Just don't overdo them, too fluid intelligence makes you come up with some stupid ideas.

you probably have add, ask your doctor about it

If i found out i had it years earlier it would have saved me a lot of grief

It's possible that you have ADD. I get ritalin and it changed me from a dropout candidate to an academic monster. Just remember that the initial high will subside, but you'll still get the benefit in concentration (but not motivation, which is why many use stimulants but end up wasting time in a more focused way..)

yeah i think u answered it for me

The catch is that it's a "drug" and you are in an abnormal, unreal state. I can understand and relate: life with so many ignorant people is depressing. Everyone that can be, is drugged up on something: most children in womb are stoned on fructose (a ketose alcohol), fat and salt.

Damn, I didnt know this was a tweaker circlejerk thread.

here's how: forget about it

Incredibly euphoric post. Obviously you don't need drugs when you can just be high on yourself :^)

M O D A F I N I L

Is there any evidence ADD is real? It seems like people who racku da disiprinuu or were raised like mongrels complain to their doctors about how they never learned how to focus, and are then sold amphetamines because they dont understand the value of long term gratification.

>Is there any evidence ADD is real?
yes. the whole "add isn't real" nonsense comes from the US where it's ridiculously overdiagnosed

It's obvious we can't work overtime for long periods of time. Something's got to give. It's the same with steroids, you gain all the muscle without any work, but you lose it all once you stop and if you don't stop, unless you have literally god-tier drug resistant genetics, you're gonna go through your 40s, 50s with double bypass and boulder for a liver

>Whats the catch??
You'll be unable to function without it. Don't use drugs as your crutch, fix the underlying issue instead.

As someone who was professionally diagnosed with ADHD by two separate doctors, i dont think its real. People just say oh my kid doesnt pay attention in school. Then they go to the doctor, the doctor administers a test that simulates school and say yup he doesnt pay attention and throws amphetimines at them. The real reson for not paying attention varies from being legitimately stupid, to not having an interest in the subject, to being very smart and understanding the material before the rest of the class followed by being bored while the teacher explains the subject further so everyone can catch up. Amphetimines have the wonderful property of solving all these problems so people lump it all under one imaginary disorder. I was prescribed concerta for a while and i hated it. It helped in school sure but, it made me unable to develop any form of appetite, and exponentially increased my anxiety. So i stopped taking it and just forced myself to focus on school. It wasnt easy but over time i developed habits that made it easier to focus without the medication. Its not really a disorder in my mind if you can fix it with good habits, its just a bad habit.

>dextroamphetamine isn't even used as a medicine
Not true in the Netherlands.

Studies have shown that prescribed stimulant users have no increased drug addiction rates. But it's always good to be wary. It can be a slippery slope anyhow, and it's better to only do it when necessary. 5mg is a low dose, I'd keep it that way.

Absolutely bullshit. AD(H)D is definitely real, and can be seen in biochemical and neuroscience studies. Maybe you don't have it, but it's definitely, 100% not imaginary.

Whether it should be considered a disorder is another question.

>It wasnt easy but over time i developed habits that made it easier to focus without the medication
Would you mind elaborating what these habits are, how you implemented them, etc.?

One of my most helpful habits i developed was self narration. For everything i do i tell myself either out loud (when im alone) or in my head exactly what i am doing and why. If im listening to someone speak i just try to make connections to previously obtained knowledge with anything that they say, reguardless of how arbitrary those connections are. The latter is just a good memorization technique but it helps a lot with staying focused. There was a lot more that i had to go through than just those two but most of them have become second nature at this point so its hard to pinpoint them as something im doing to focus. The two i mentioned are probably the most important.

>t. hypocrite caffeine drinker calling a different stimulant a drug

Can you link me a paper of objective evidence that """"ADHD"""" is a physical illness?

I don't take caffeine my man. Stop projecting your insecurities onto me.

No, of course he can't.

>can be seen in biochemical and neuroscience studies
Your brain chemistry and activity changes a lot with things as temporary as your mood. Who is to say its not the bad habits and thought processes causing the difference in brain chemistry and not vice versa? We know quite a bit about the brain but not nearly as much as we like to pretend we do.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20888040

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16950217

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23247506

I'm not going to bother finding more for you, because it's really in plain sight and I have better things to do. There are plenty of similar studies.

I agree that psychiatry is in it's infancy, but the fact that brain structures, functional connectivity and genetic causes are all (somewhat) established for ADHD makes it seem so incredibly unlikely that it's made up, that I cannot take the argument seriously.

It's possible that bad habits and thought processes play a role, that in turn is a physical illness as well.

Well i guess we will have agree to disagree. As someone who has been diagnosed with (possibly misdiagnosed because of aforementioned lack of knowledge about the brain, even in the upper echelons of psychiatric medicine) and self studied ADHD, i dont think its real. At this point nobody can really say for sure because nobody knows, the PhDs are just making guesses like you and me.

Yeah, but their guess is based on evidence, while your guess is based on your anecdotal experience with doctors.

No offense meant,I really understand it sucks being misdiagnosed and having that experience, but so far it just seems like it is indeed a thing.

Where we agree is that it's very likely overdiagnosed, we don't know that much about the brain, and that perhaps we shouldn't even see it as a medical condition, but just part of our diversity.

So we can agree there's natural differences in brain chemistry. Why shouldn't certain supplements be used to change that brain chemistry then?
>If it helps to make you function better
>If it helps to make you more happy
>If it helps you not kill yourself

>perhaps we shouldnt even see it as a medical condition, but just part of our diversity
Is exactly my point, but the education system in the US isnt, for the most part, designed for that. When you dont work in that system they diagnose you with ADD and give you drugs so you fit in their neat little boxes they are molding you for in society, but i digress. Good talk user, this is why i still come here.

Cheers.

Sorry I was a bit harsh sometimes, I've had this discussion before in real life with someone that flat out denied that there might be a brain difference between ADD patients and non-ADD patients, or even males and females. So that kind of set me off.

I agree that it seems 'easier' to just medicate people and then just send them on their way (which is what is being done now), and I'm frankly not sure what the solution would be. Not medicating kids starting at 8 year old might be a start.

>My sample size of 1 (One) is all I need to make a decision whether ADHD is real or not
You might not have ADHD, but you definitely have some sort of mental deficiency.

You're a moron. ADHD exists.

>living in EU
>not doing kilos of cheap speed

found your issue famalam literally get a gram of amps for dirt cheap desu~~

The "catch" is that it obviously alters your brain chemistry when you take it, so if you consume it regularly in the years when your brain is still developing (which happens into your early thirty's) your brain growth is altered. Long term stimulant takers are shown to have a harder time multi tasking because of the constant altered brain chemistry that is a result of constantly taking stimulants. It will help you now, and it will help you even after you graduate, but if you consistently take these drugs long term you will mentally decline earlier than another person who does not take them
enjoy.

Maybe i didnt put it clear enough. I used my anecdotal evidence AND information i obtained through studying the disorder, and studies done on it, myself (hence "self studying") and came to the conclusion that its not real. That may not fit with your view of the world but a more intelligent response would be "you are wrong here is evidence to support this" like the user i was conversing with did, rather than "hurr durr you are retarded". Tell me why because im willing to change my beliefs based on the facts im presented with, but i wont change them simply because you dont like them.

look up brain scans for someone with ADHD versus someone without it. You may not have had it because it is over prescribed, but it is a real thing.

I'm fairly sure I read in my research that stimulant use in young patients with ADHD normalizes brain structures, meaning the difference in brain structure fades away.

And this is the brain scan of the same brain listening to different types of music. Look up brain scans of different emotional states, they look quite different. Does that mean we should medicate everyone whos brain doesnt fit the "happy" brain activity map?