Calculator Thread

How long have you had your calculator? How many times have you changed the battery? How long do you think you'll keep using it for?

>6 years
>once
>probably another 4 at least

Other urls found in this thread:

desmos.com/calculator
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've had the exact same calculator for 3 years now, haven't had to change the battery so far. Probably gonna use it for another 3 years.

>How long have you had your calculator?
Since high school, so about 10 years

>How long do you think you'll keep using it for?
I haven't used it since junior year of undergrad (this was when my "do problems" math classes ceased, and I started taking classes like analysis).

Nowadays, if I need to compute something, I reach for Mathematica, MATLAB, or even just Wolfram Alpha.

I had a ballin' calculator for a decade. A TI-30X. Stole it from my middle school geometry class. Then I dropped it on some pavement and the LCD cracked. It was like my fucking dog died, man.

You specially arranged your calc, pencil and note pad (posed them). Weird!
I bought my first calc when your parents were still pooing themselves: I have decades of learning, experience, wisdom and common sense over you.

Got a TI-85 in 1993. Still works. Still use it.

I have multiple other devices that can act as a calculator at no additional costs, why would I ever use one?

So:
> 0
> Never
> Undefined

have the same but its a fx-991ES PLUS.
its mine for 6 years now and I never changed its battery.
not sure if hes coming to university or will be replaced

serves you right

hp50g
6 years
for-fucking-ever xD love me sum RPN

>have that calculator
>screen broke

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

HP48G and HP35s.

once you go RPN you never return.

both models can easily do complex arithmetic in polar and rectangular forms, which is nice

desmos.com/calculator

This is the best one

But for tests i use the TI-83 plus. The buttons on the newer Ti's suck.

this casio is the shit! I recommend it to all the other nerds in engineering if graphing calculators arent allowed. Gone through two in the past five years

>mfw my sister lost my 6 year old calculator

>>>import scipy

sorry i mean;
>>>import numpy as np

fuck you my school was rich
they could buy a shitload of calculators

THE SKOOL WUZ RICH AND SHEIIT I DINDU NUFFIN BIX NOOD

You should give that school a new calculator, Jamal.

>calculator
Why?
It's only useful in shit tier courses that require calculations in the exam. I just use printouts of trigonometric and logarithmic tables

my teacher stole mine

the school was run by jews
they deserved it

sure they did tyrone

I have the fx-100au plus

had it for less than 1 year, but probably gonna hold onto that baby for life. i just don't need anything else for small quick calculations, and anything more i use a software suite

>Gone through two in the past five years
exactly why it's shit

HP35s is easily best if graphing calculators are not allowed.

Got a hand-me-down graphing calculator in the 11th grade, used for 5 year in college before it died in the last semester. Changed its batteries once or twice.

TI-36x Pro, amazing scientific calc which I've unfortunately had to use less and less frequently over the years. Never had to replace the (solar powered) battery in 4 years of owning it, and it does almost everything I need it to do.

That face when my autistic brother destroyed my first ever scientific calculator in one of his autistic meltdowns.

Since highschool, we had a lot of exams, quizzes, excercises, and homework done together.

RIP Casio fx-3650p
2005-2014

TI 89 titanium
>5 years
>once
>I stopped using it when I realized it had no log button. I threw it in the garbage.

Oh gawd... An HP-41C bought in... '81? '82?

I had the rechargeable battery pack, but switched to disposable a couple decades ago. Don't know how many times I've changed them. Couple dozen?

Don't use it much anymore.

ti89

6 years
3 years on the first 3 years on the second

gave my brother my 84+ silver my junior year of hs and got that

changed batteries once

2 years more, but I've been using matlab to do calculations more and more