Perptual Power

Okay I know this is a meme topic, but seriously, why haven't we figured out "unlimited" power? Now obviously nothing is unlimited, in the sense that eventually the universe will lose all energy, for all practical purposes.

The earth is spinning. We have gravitational pulls. How have we NOT translated this into unlimited power yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biogas
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How do you propose we do it without impacting the earth?

Like if we harness wave energy it could fuck up currents and so on, possibly disrupting ecosystems or causing large chains of events we cant predict?

>if we start cutting down trees for fuel, we'll fuck up the ecosystems!
>if we start digging up coal and oil out of the earth, we will fuck up the ecosystems!

it'll be fine

Literally every form of energy production we do save nuclear and geothermal eventually traces back to the sun, which for us obviously is effectively unlimited.

>>if we start cutting down trees for fuel, we'll fuck up the ecosystems!
havent we caused extinctions because of this?
>if we start digging up coal and oil out of the earth, we will fuck up the ecosystems!
what about that giant oil spill

or were you being feces-ious

>using wind energy means we run out of wind / affect earth's currents / etc
>using sun's energy means we run out of sun / affect earth's temperature / etc

efficiency. both sun / geothermal / wind are what you call unlimited but they aren't as efficient as fossil fuels

>he doesn't know that exploiting resources within a growth paradigm that grows exponentially leads to a quick and decisive collapse

It's not about the earth you dip

It's about a sustainable future for HUMANS and human prosperity, it is human centric! humans have more rights than nature!

he's just saying "be cautious" come on now

holy fuck, kill yourselves

Hydroelectricity is being translated into power already to near peak efficiency. We just need to start culling the herd at this point.

>>using wind energy means we run out of wind / affect earth's currents / etc
but we dont do wind energy infront of giant rainforests or other areas that need wind for whatever reason

>suns energy bla bla
noone says that

nice ad hominem faggit

I can do it too

Sorry i ment we have figured it out but every time someone tries to bring it to light the jews have him killed or ridiculed because the jew want's to milk every last dollar out of the hard working aryan.

>noone says that
Well then boom, you have your answer.

Finally a real post. Thanks.

That's not even ad hominem, he's just giving you advice.

Geez, I try to give out some advice and get attacked by the guy for it. No good deed goes unpunished.

The real question is, how do you make shit loads of money off of unlimited power and how would you not be stopped by people making shit loads of money from oil and shit. If you can solve those two problems, then MAYBE we can have "unlimited" power.

The water isn't going to drain the way you think.

It's just gonna fill up the side area and sit there.

What if we harnessed the earths angular momentum and converted it to electricity? Sure it would slow down the rotation of the earth, but maybe future generations need more hours in the day to work

>1-way hole in the bottom
Then what's pushing the water up through the hole?

I also have a 1-way hole in my bottom

Just buy spme solar panels
And get a battery for night time

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biogas

Batteries create a waste problem.

The smartest method would be to use solar power to power the electrolysis of water and then create hydrogen fuel.

Modern batteries are fully recyclable, and the needs for home powering are a lot less demanding than other applications. So you could use batteries on their 3rd or 4th application.

If you go the electrolysis route then you face the problem that electrolysis is less efficient than charging a battery and you need fuel cells which are expensive since they need rare elements.

Actually the best thing to do would be to pump water up hill during the day, and then let it drain out at night to spin a turbine, but then you need a specific geography and a lot of land.

Refute this.

>Let's just stop the Earth from spinning
>Let's just get rid of our Magnetic Field
good idea

I can't.

Ferrofluid is not water, your water wheel is designed for water, your design fails.

>We have gravitational pulls. How have we NOT translated this into unlimited power yet?
We have, it's called hydro electric power.

I need a directional magnet,anybody know an inline source for directional magnets?

I get mine from the Acme Corporation. They sell all sorts f stuff that is useful in "free energy" machines.

Demagnitization.

The magnet will eventually run out of charge, or become demagnetized.

Report for the ovens.

One of would be the concept of God. It would put one of us above all others, which is unlikely to be true. We would never learn to not be wasteful and lazy.

>why haven't we figured out "unlimited" power?
Depending on how you define "unlimited", we already have. That's what solar panels, hydro-dams and wind turbines are.

>The earth is spinning.
Extracting rotational energy from something spinning that slowly would take an enormous amount of work.

>We have gravitational pulls.
Extracting gravitational energy means dropping something heavy from a high place down to the bottom of a gravitational well. Not a good idea if you happen to live at the bottom of that well.

please get the fuck out of Veeky Forums

Perpetual motion doesn't even allow for energy to be harvested from the system while maintaining motion. That would require the system to be creating excess energy. Best you can do is make something not lose much over time with well oiled joints and put it in a vacuum. Sorry.

I think you mean 2 way hole.

magnetism and gravity would be the power we could harness until heat death.

but bare in mind that you'd have to supply the power harnessed to a system, not connected to the one you are harnessing from.

and that's where we are stuck.

Magnets don't float

>if we start cutting down trees for fuel, we'll fuck up the ecosystems!

I hope you're aware just how fucking much of the planet used to be forested, before we came along and started building villages, ships and mines. Entire countries have been basically stripped bare. Many of the "iconic" countrysides of today, like Greece's rocky landscapes, used to be green, and it has caused widespread extinctions and erosion. It's not "fine".

If we took the energy from the earths motion relative to the sun, the earth would slow down relative to the sun, since we are removing kinetic energy to use it wherever.
Do you think that it a good idea? Even so, how excactly would you go about it?
Also I'm pretty sure solar energy is a better example of what you're looking for.

>possibly disrupting ecosystems or causing large chains of events we cant predict?

we can accurately predict just about everything on our planet. the climate scientists said so.

They've been known to...

I mean not like in the schematic shown

Water under the "one-way hole" (a valve?) will not be able to make its way into the container of mercury, because mercury is denser than water. If you provide energy to force it through, to the point where it will float to the top, this energy will exceed the energy captured from water overflowing the container.
This is not a new idea.