ITT: Best IJ quote

“You will become way less concerned with what other people think of you when you realize how seldom they do.”

I know this is pretty reddity, but it's stuck with me. Made me feel better through highschool, actually

Where is the woman who said she'd come. She said she would come.

"The woman who kills you is always your mother"

> dat cover
my sides

Actually the footnote containing the titles of all the movies is my favorite.

Isn't that a Dr. Phil quote?

ill be fine reading this in english if I'm b2/c1?

but why

what did you mean by this?

That's not exactly how it's phrased in the book, but it's in there, yes.

b2/c1 is my level of english, I'm not native that's why I'm asking if the language in infinite jest is really difficult or not

You shouldn't have too big of a problem with the vocab since English words are typically easy to guess from context, but the non-standard sentences might throw you off.

what the fuck is b2/c1

I consume libraries. I wear out spines and ROM-drives. I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it."

Look up the CEFR.

IJ isn't a difficult read at all. It's just long.

In school my best friend had terrible anxiety of giving presentations, raising his hand, etc., more than the normal amount . One day I told him to just remember how little anyone here cares what you are saying about WW2 in your 5 min presentation or if your answer about Ovid's birth date was correct or not. Nobody cares.

And he told me that was the single useful thing he's ever heard and actually made him more calm.

I do things like get in a cab and say "to the library, and step on it."

He might not have been a truthful man, not in the slightest, but his sincerity was not to be doubted.

>How seldom they do
(Not true by the way)

who the fuck do you think is thinking about you other than the first reaction when they see you?

it must suck if you're ugly lmao