Any dropouts here? I'm dropping out from my Masters program...

Any dropouts here? I'm dropping out from my Masters program. I'm too slow and have 0 knowledge about Math if compared to other Math students at my university.

No, but have a bump. You take care, bud.

I'm so sad I lost my most promising student. Even hired made-up behavioural sci students to try make him shine, but apparently he saw through that too.

Thanks. Joining wagecuck force soon. Hopefully I'll make some money and get out of this depression soon enough.

It hurts to know that people don't pursue things in which they can excel in. I'm just the opposite of this. Studying/doing things which is just not for me. I'm a fucking brainlet.

i dropped out of a math phd program because i lost all interest in the subject matter

I got kicked out of school if that counts. 1.47gpa for two semesters. Currently taking classes at community college to demonstrate academic progress and go back.

I could understand dropping out of a PhD, but aren't the vast majority of Masters 2 years or less? How can you not find enough motivation to stick with it for 2 years?

I would like to but the adminstration won't let me. Already failed an oral exam and after a lot of thinking and taking advice from profs, I am lacking that 'math power' plus my basics in math is not strong enough to actually conduct research on any topic.

Failing 3 exams I think chucks out a student.

I do have the interest to continue my education but I'm too illiterate to understand those things as of now.

I hope you're doing alright.

That's a key distinction that you're already getting a subtle kick out the door. Trying and failing is different from dropping out; you have nothing to be ashamed of.

I dropped out from a bachelors in mechanical engineering.
Became a hybrid technician instead.

That's what my prof said. Either I should just level up my game or study at some shit tier institution where the level is low.

I see no point in putting in the effort as it'll only waste my time and my parent's money with no guarantee that I'll excel in the future.

I can change my field to something practical like engineering but that would require some work experience to get into engineering school. At least it won't be as abstract as Math is.

If you cared about engineering you would have picked engineering in the first place.

what uni

I feel like this college degree bubbles gonna burst anytime. World is producing so many college grads and can't really employ them.

Somewhere in Deutschland. Decent ranked.

why'd you pick math and what branch of math were you studying?

80% of them are business degrees and arts degrees. There's plenty of demand for instance for software engineers, computer engineers, mech/aero engineers, etc.

embedded systems / robotics is gonna be yuge

I did my bachelor's in math from Canada. Was OK at that time. GPA 3.3. Moved here to save some money on education but got beaten by the system. Students here know a large proportion of graduate material when they enter graduate school unlike my undergrad school.

I am inclined towards continuum mechanics. Hyperbolic systems, conservation laws, fluid dynamics and things like that. I was taking few of the course from these subjects.

How's the market for AI? Is it just Google who is focused on this or there are others?

Clearly, Wrong decisions were made.

Idk, I'm sure it's high. All the robotic shit mech, electrical, and hardware engineers build needs software to run.

5 years ago I was a candidate for graduation in a bs biology program, with 6 units of credit remaining. Then a lot of shit happened around my life, and I'm stuck. I should have ran away as soon as the happenings started.

Care to elaborate?

most people go through life and live out their lives as planned

sometimes, life happens, and it's mostly shit, but you man up and move on, if anything, you learn something from it and grow as a person

but I digress

If it means anything, maths in Germany is fucking hardcore. Consider that all the students around you, with 99% certainty, has had a vastly greater foundation in mathematics from an early age. They are also, after 3-4 years of some of the most comprehensive mathematical education in the world, very used to the oral exam method.
If you've made it this far you're not a brainlet. I reckon if you moved somewhere mid-range like Australia to do a Masters/PhD you'd do fine. (Australia typically doesn't incorporate coursework into PhDs, if that helps)

tfw got accepted to a university right out of high school for nuclear engineering but my mom wasnt ready for me 2 leave yet and wouldnt cosign the loan cos she said it was an awful loan (it was, parent plus loans are a scam but still) now im on my 3rd year of community college and idk if im even going to get accepted to anywhere i applied

i could be finishing up my third year of a nuclear engineering degree rn fuckin hell but instead im just sitting around all day on Veeky Forums

First off I don't live in the developed world. I have an autistic brother, he's 22 now, but still a useless piece of shit. I'm his 26 year old legal guardian though. No welfare, no free healthcare, no free education.

I only feel despair when I think of the future. I feel my wings are clipped, and on a leash - I feel like I am chained to my brother's life.
I feel I have only 2 options, leave him and be a pariah forever, or a murder suicide. I can't leave him in some social welfare office, because there's still surviving family (me,), and autists are at the borderline of what's normal and what's to be thrown in the loony bin.

at least u arent dumb like me dude

Dropped out of med school at UW, year 1 back in 2014

Realized I never wanted to go in the first place

In optometry now

what were your grades like to get in
extra-curriculars etc

can retards get into med school? i mean i realize there's idiots in med school probably but can a legit retard get into it

Can feel you there. Can't talk to your parents about this issue?

>I only feel despair when I think of the future.
You carry heavy burdens. I wish I could find a way to get over my own depression and hopeless situation so I could share the wisdom with you.
There are lots of us who are in dire straits: It has always been this way. It's bad enough the environment tries to starve us (or kill us), but we have people who are so angry and hateful that they'd deny people their fair share of food. I don't love any cult-ures, but everyone deserves food and water; and shelter from bacteria, bugs, animals and nature's inconvenient weather. It seems you have far less reason to worry about karma than most people. I hope something positive shows up for you.

Dropped out of normie society to be a math man

So how is it turning out for you? What field of math you studying?

help me i failed life ! LOLE

Did you know German? Or did you take your Master's in English?

>optemtry
that's an admirable profession though. As someone who needs glasses to function at a basic level, i am very grateful for the optometrists out there

The college bubble has already bursted. There's tons of unemployed people with doctorates.

The program is in English. So if there are international students like then it will be taught in English otherwise German.

LOL. You cannae escape depression by giving up. Go to your goddamned classes, stop posting here, and study more.
I promise that if you drop out, you will probably regret it until the day you die.

Only the decision to give up.

I don't want to give up. I will decide after this another exam I have on 16th. If I fail then I'll ask my profs where I am lacking. If I think I can improve, I'll keep on going and do whatever is possible from my side.