Can you weaponize nuclear waste?

Can you weaponize nuclear waste?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depleted_uranium#Military_applications
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plutonium-239
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sure.

You have to be 18+ to browse Veeky Forums.

Literally just disperse with a regular bomb and you contaminate a large area

Yeah, the "dirty bomb", it's not a new idea. Don't think it's ever been done, though.

By using your logic you wouldn't need parent permission to go on a computer and type in Veeky Forums.org.

reported for underage

Enjoy your ban

Yes, because nuclear waste is incredibly wasteful. We throw out a ton of U235 because it's slightly cheaper to mine new uranium rather than recycle it. Just one of the many ways nuclear power is fucking retarded.

This sort of mature humour is why I keep coming to this board. Thank you jokesters for brightening my day, now I might survive to next week before blowing my brains out

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depleted_uranium#Military_applications

don't make me feel this feel

Yes, example put in bucket. put bucket on top of cracked open door and call someone into the room. Nuclear waste falls on their head.

>admitting you are under 18 years old

semi related question.
>a nuclear reactor core at 'full throttle' can flash boil thousands of liters of surrounding water in a fraction of a second
>if you stood next to an unshielded radiation source such as this, then every water molecule in your body would boil instantly
>you would fucking explode, probably like pic related, correct?
why is radiation so bad ass?

Guys what did he say?

Spent uranium would make lovely high-density projectiles.

>having feels
Weakling.

Hazmat tech here.

Radiological weapons are more a threat than they are effective. The idea behind weapons is they deal a large amount of damage in a short period of time. The only benefit to a radioactive dispersal event is the "salt the earth" mindset. In order to have chronic radiation damage, you're better off just detonating a nuke.

It's the same reason that most nations don't use biological weapons, they're slow, they don't achieve the objectives of a weapon, and they ultimately just fuck things up on the territory.

You're better off just using chemical, conventional, or nuclear weapons.

>DU
>Nuclear waste
I think OP was more looking at heavy water or uranium that's still got a reasonable amount of radioactivity to it. The extent that a DU round will put radiation poisoning out (before they either bleed out) isn't much worse than doing an MRI or living in an area with high radon in the ground.

Take all the waste and dump it into detroit. Nothing of value will be lost.

It seems the Japanese government has poisoned most of their population. I'm sure some of them feel the government warred against them.
Bad enough the damage we're doing without even trying (3-mile, chernobyl).

>nuclear
no, youre not getting another nuclear reaction out of nuclear waste that would be silly.

A little late, but here is an archived thread that shows his posts.

warosu(do)org/sci/thread/8671337

Whoops
Where it says '(do)', is where the dot is supposed to go.

that sink is stupid everyone would piss in it

the piss would colect where the sink is joined with the wall diguisting

>Spent uranium would make lovely high-density projectiles.
This, they make depleted uranium into bullets

Surely pissing in would be better. Youll use less water by pissing onto the top and using water to clean it than a toilet flush. Even better if you pissed onto the slope since no one would touch it except to clean it

so wait, he gets banned for that, while all the imbeciles posting "tier lists" or the gorilla fucking posters go around like nothing?

who the fuck runs this shithole

It would splatter when it hits the drain no?

Main reason for the use of uranium-235 in nuclear power plants was to produce cheaply plutonium-239 used in weapons.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plutonium-239

"Plutonium-239 is the primary fissile isotope used for the production of nuclear weapons"

"Pu-239 is normally created in nuclear reactors by transmutation of individual atoms of one of the isotopes of uranium present in the fuel rods."

You can weaponize anything by accelerating it towards whoever you don't like

They way they have it on the picture is weird. It should be the grate which has slopes on either side. That would stop the splatters hopefully

thank you kind user
i was banned for ban evasion though i never evaded a ban i just making a mom joke for my own entertainment

That's genius.