ITT: interviews you like

I'd like to listen to/watch interviews to authors Veeky Forums dig. Here's one of my favourites, it's in Spanish, I don't know if there's an English-subtitled version, but anyway, here ya go:

youtube.com/watch?v=2gu9l_TqS8I

I can take Spanish or English, but just share shit you liked.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6NNuczNFyZM
youtube.com/watch?v=wBfK5BdmciI
youtube.com/watch?v=4opmK0SO-J8
youtube.com/watch?v=3u8Jjth81_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=FNEImAIM4L4
youtube.com/watch?v=qVtwVcYbz7k
youtube.com/watch?v=RpajFQECzAk
youtube.com/watch?v=oIgjujAI6eE
youtube.com/watch?v=2ciQoov55fM
youtube.com/watch?v=7ZhBMHD1Y4M
youtube.com/watch?v=NoevVtG-Gh8
ina.fr/video/CPF86658848/jorge-luis-borges-video.html
youtu.be/e3Czd7GwNy4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZR9tsWhRYJo
youtu.be/KvBcfYlooas
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cume

Edward Said's final interivew, basically on his deathbed knowing he's going to die soon.

It risks the impression of being maudlin on premise but its actually an incredible account of his life and his reflections of what being an intellectual meant to him

Forgot link
youtube.com/watch?v=6NNuczNFyZM

I dont know the guy, but I'll check it out.
I've been coming to this place for a month now, and I've realized that because of being a non native English speaker and living in a South American country I barely know most of the authors you discuss. Also I might be a pleb, but that's just another factor.

Every second brings you closer to death and you likely have around 1.5 billion seconds left. Think about that as you spend them watching these videos.

youtube.com/watch?v=wBfK5BdmciI

Have to burn out the clock somehow mate

What do you do everyday
every hour?

I really like this one with Bolaño.
As I understand, there isn't a subtitled version, so pretty bad for the ones who don't speak spanish, because I really find it interesting.

Oprah's interview with McCarthy.
Her questions were well-thought and they had good chemistry. More like they were hanging out than doing a formal interview.

Most interviews in that show are great. Look up the Juan Rulfo one.

youtube.com/watch?v=3u8Jjth81_Q

3 1/2 hours!

how can you have that amount of patience it's incredible

I had a long commute to Uni and listened while on the bus. I never sit and watch interviews or lectures

Not really an interview and pretty memeworthy but Hunter S. Thompson looked like a fun guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=FNEImAIM4L4

Looks like a tryhard poser
Woah dude look much whisky I want, check out this death drive!

youtube.com/watch?v=qVtwVcYbz7k

I like this one - it's Nabokov discussing different editions of Lolita. He usually had interviewers submit questions to him in writing and recited responses he prepared ahead of time but this one's off the cuff. He seems really charming.

You've got a strange bar for charm there.

2 to 1 get fucked

I see what you mean in light of the subject matter but there's something endearing to me about it.

>mfw she actually makes perfect sense and valid lucid arguments outside of economic policy

This one is great tbqh
The way the host looks at bolaño when listening to him with a murderer expression gives me the chuckles everytime

Moore's usually insightful and has a nice voice, but it's hard to find one without some pleb going "muh capeshit" at him - this is my current favourite: youtube.com/watch?v=RpajFQECzAk

Blank on Blank produces some cool videos around old interviews.

youtube.com/watch?v=oIgjujAI6eE
youtube.com/watch?v=2ciQoov55fM

interview kino

youtube.com/watch?v=7ZhBMHD1Y4M

hipster shit.

This one is a favorite of mine, one of the few times we see a candid Nabokov. He was thoroughly embarrassed by his speech and he refused to do interviews unless he could have a copy of the questions ahead of time so he could write and rehearse his answers.

Great Allen Ginsberg inteview. 4 Parts.

youtube.com/watch?v=NoevVtG-Gh8

She was a genius, and right about most things, regarding the fundamental, and foundation of the human being, but she was very libertarian, and so I guess the only reason people can argue against her is the fact that states (and large states, and not always perfectly moral states) play a large role in national and international occurrences, and crony capitalism, corporatism, plutocracy, capital conspiracy stuff

heres another nice borges one. en francais.

ina.fr/video/CPF86658848/jorge-luis-borges-video.html

borges looks like a fucking corpse

who gives a le fuck
why was he so cool

you are boring

gas her tbqh

seconded

>feeling threatened by a fucking child thats proud of having finished high school

youtu.be/e3Czd7GwNy4

It's better than masturbating at least.

i imagined him to be less jovial

not even libertarian, but she's surprisingly smart

T A O L I N

>Autotranslate subtitle

no thank you

Her opinions on economy disgusts me.
But American audiences clapping makes me more sick

Surprisingly good interview. Rand has a stigma against her that's at times undeserving. Not a fan of those Christian broadcast talk show crowds though.

If thats your dumbass idea of fun then I'm glad to be

what a boring guy

Yeah but Cormac looked super autistic in that interview.

Yeah, I'm going to drop acid with my qt 3.14 psychedelic girlfriend at a Goa festival that my parents paid for.

Except not, and you can fuck right off.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZR9tsWhRYJo

There's so much contrast between him and his literary personas that it's sometimes hard to believe he wrote all those books. Apparently he was extremely caring and passionate as a doctor, while his characters despise humanity in every way imaginable.

The book they're discussing, the one by Higgs, is splendid. Make sure you read it at some point. It's an intellectual kickstart into the XXth c., pretty much.

youtu.be/KvBcfYlooas

Not an author but Derek Jarman is so pleasant that I have to share. It's cool to see somebody so open about being an AIDS-ridden turbo-homo over 20 years ago. I'm not sure how I feel about his work being forgotten now that he's gone, I know he wanted it that way but I sure don't.

>youtube.com/watch?v=3u8Jjth81_Q
Oh my god, now I have to read her books, if she's that lucid in a normal talk, and has the ability to be fluent, while having to pay attention, or be slightly disctrated by people, the presenter, the slowlyness of having to talk, to respond to someone, to explain...

Just imagine how lucid would her works be? wow. I guess I expect something very good bro. I really do.

She's a terrible writer, though. Not in the conceptual space, but when it comes to putting words together. And you can thank her influence on Alan Greenspan for the 2008 financial crisis, among other things.

UNLESS you're being sarcastic/subversive, then yeah.

>And you can thank her influence on Alan Greenspan for the 2008 financial crisis

?

Greenspan was a member of her clique back in the 50s or 60s. True, he departed from said social circle before getting involved in politics, but his critics say that her influence on him seems obvious (despite some deviations from the objectivist/libertarian worldview). He's also named as one of the several architects of the 2008 financial crisis.

Interesting