Opinions on Zemmour?

Opinions on Zemmour?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=32JfXppqyK4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

france is suave i think, say la v

is there a video of this in english?

A quick search yields nothing, unfortunately. That interview is one of the most riveting things I've seen in recent years, though. They take turns trying to slander and strawman him, but he completely savages them at almost every turn. I don't even agree with him politically, but it was one of the most impressive media performances I've seen...

why do euro panel shows all look the same? three or four people cramped together at a small table in a studio with a low ceiling and the audience sat behind them.

He's a genius and he understood everything.

Good question. I think they meant to make it reminiscent of a jury (the subject being 'judged'), but Zemmour managed to take control of the space here and it looks more like they are his subjects. They should have put him next to some weak supporting acts so that it didn't look like they were bullying him, in an 'egalitarian' placement facing the current four as competent opponents.

And I correct myself - *trying to bully, of course. Shit, those people need better media training. All those fake laughs and shit were subtier.

He's an Algerian Jew - who's family members were famous Gangsters ("les frères Zemmour") - and he likes to pretend he's an aryan French. Everyone eats it up and no one realizes that Zemmour (which means "olive" in some Algerian dialect) is a fraud who stole most of his ideas from Alain Soral or Finkelkraut. He's also really elusive when you question him about his Jewishness. Don't get me wrong, he's right about certain things, but he's mostly a huge hypocrite and he'd be banned from the medias if he wasn't Jewish.

Everyone doesn't already know that he's Jewish? Shit, if his features didn't give it away one supposes that the constant media mention (at least as far as I've observed as a foreigner) of it would...

But yeah, you're right, he does get pretty elusive about it.

It's like two years old, but anyway...
>but he completely savages them at almost every turn.
So about 10 minutes in:
>Pas de tout
>Mais si
>Pas de tout
>Mais si
>Pas de tout
and so on, and that feels like it'll be the level of argument through out.

He does that at a couple of points in the interview, but imo that's scoring rhetorical points - that and
>évidemment
is his way of being derisive towards them even when they are not incorrect. I don't think he's right, but he always manages to seem like he has the edge on his opponents. Except when he gets lured into arguing numbers by the fag.

Aymeric Caron might be the person I hate the most in the French media landscape.
I swear seeing his face gives me murder cravings.

Thanks for the link, OP, I'm not even pro-Zemmour or anything but the dishonesty of Caron is absolutely scandalous in this video. Wtf

Who the fuck care about him being a Jew? Like, seriously?
His ethnic background is gonna prevent him from thinking?

Wow he was able to argue against dumb media figures. Absolutely riveting.

Why don't we ever see a right wing cunt go up against an actual worthwhile philosopher like Badiou?

Sure, if it were 1v1 it wouldn't have been impressive, but here he's beating up five prepared opponents on their own playing field. I too would like to see a proper debate, but you can't dismiss his rhetoric grip just like that. Other people like Houllebecq who go in there usually get shredded.

Would you be impressed if he beat up 5 toddlers at their own playground? Especially if they had just managed to defeat a nearly dead and withered schizo who's dog just passed away?

The other user is right, this is not impressive besides keeping your cool when the cameras are on.

That's a pretty weak analogy, and you know it. The thing you have to realize is that people usually do get shredded when they are put in that position. It's not about being intellectually durable or correct, it's about being able to handle the psychological factors and the constant onslaughts of people who are supposedly trained. It's not just about keeping your 'camera cool', it's about being able to maintain your position while being assaulted from all directions on your opponent's playing ground. The reason Zemmour managed this at all, of course, is that he has been in their profession for a long time. But it's still an extraordinary performance. Perhaps it was because they were not expecting him to be able to pull it off.

I watched it and I think this is a case of seeing what you want to see and hearing what you want to hear bro. For anyone else, even if you can't get French, skip to like 2 minutes before the end and look at the dude's body language, he's practically trying to pop his head in his torso like a tortoise while making okay signs.

Man what are you talking about? Just look at the discomfort of everyone except the moderator (he's masking it well at least) and the neutral guy, they look like they want to be literally anywhere else in the universe.

It looks like a pretty normal On N'Est Pas Couché family. It's actually super similar to the Caron one from earlier this year on so many levels if you neglect substance.

Just so that we're talking about the same thing - do you mean this one: youtube.com/watch?v=32JfXppqyK4 ?