Why am I the only one using pen to do proofs? I notice other students usually use pencils...

Why am I the only one using pen to do proofs? I notice other students usually use pencils. Do you guys really make mistakes that often that you need an erasable writing utensil?

Other urls found in this thread:

paperpenalia.com/handwriting.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pencils are nicer to write with.

Pens usually leak

You dishonour yourself, pen-san. You have honour ancestor, write in blood of Oda-shi, traitor of homeland! Banzai!

>he doesn't present all of his proofs in LaTeX
Pen is a step up from pencil, though. I stopped using pencil in high school; it gets so smudgy and looks juvenile. Crossing out (in moderation) is still better than rubber chunks and smudges everywhere.

That's not true; a smooth pen is infinitely better.

I hate the feeling of writing with a pencil.

>Left-handed.
Burn the heretic!
>Whilst hiding his own left-handedness.
Don't (((psychologists))) think that left-handed is a 'symptomp' of an 'intelligent neurology'?

I make mistakes with a pen and just cross it out. As long as it's not happening all the time who gives a shit

I'm not left-handed. Pencils still smudge.

you have to try extra hard to see things written with a pencil bc it's half transparent, not to mention you need to sharpen it

pen is clear and easy, wins everytime

Not if you're careful, stop rushing it, enjoy the process. I take 5 minutes per symbol.

How about I take time to write AND use pen?

>Crossing out (in moderation) is still better than rubber chunks and smudges everywhere.
>(in moderation)
>rubber chunks and smudges everywhere

You're not fooling anyone user. We all know your work looks like an incomprehensible mess of crossed out ink blotches.

I hope that pen is entirely made of out metal. Otherwise, you're part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Use a mechanical pencil and make sure to pick a good graphite grade, user.

You're doing it wrong.

paperpenalia.com/handwriting.html

>People who inevitably have trouble with handwriting and calligraphy write with their fingers. They "draw" the letters. A finger-writer puts the full weight of his/her hand on the paper, his fingers form the letters, and he picks his hand up repeatedly to move it across the paper as he writes.

>As you’ve probably surmised, the "right muscles" are not those in the fingers. You must use the shoulder-girdle and forearm muscles. This muscle group is capable of much more intricate action than you think and tires much less easily than fingers, besides giving a smooth, clean, sweeping look to the finished writing. Though it seems paradoxical, since we’re accustomed to thinking of small muscles having better control, the shoulder-girdle group, once trained, does the job better.

Good handwriting is fast, clean, feels natural, and doesn't tire you out.

I need more, I wish to seem like a god.

I usually use a pencil but pens are so much nicer to write with I sometimes consider moving into using them only, expect for maybe graphs and stuff. I don't really know about others but a pen usually feels like it just glides on the paper compared to a similarly priced mechanical pencil.

what kind of third world country do you live in where you don't even have access to working pens?

A mechanical pencil feels just too good, even though I'm left-handed.
Then again, pens also smudge and ink on pinky isn't nice.

Also, please never use non-black ink for anything but signatures.
Grading the papers done with blue or even red ink is terrible.

I use pen for everything, including tests.
In lab work, pencils promote dishonesty.
In proofs, keep every thing even if you think it's wrong even though it might not be.

When I do proofs, I do scratch work to convince myself the theorem is true. Then I write a rough draft that usually contains errors and mistakes.
Finally, I re write with more clear notation and the arguments are generally more succinct.

It takes longer but it won't look like shit and I get better grades than most people in the class.

That's not even funny in /jap/.

Then you, sir, don't know funny when you see it.

If you aren't sure of something, then don't write it down. That way you won't make mistakes. Brainlets, I swear. When will they learn?

do people unironically not remove the backspace key from their keyboards?

what a bunch of brainlets

>people are actually defending their use of a pencil by making up shit about pens
Just accept that you make some mistakes here and there you faggots.

>writing the same thing 3 times

Holy shit, just cross yourself out.

I find pencils take more effort to write with and end up being a lot messier and less clear with erasing and whatnot. Mechanical pencils are decent though. You're going to latex up the final result anyways, so crossing stuff out doesn't make a difference.

>tfw kid handwriting

>You're going to latex up the final result anyway
lolno

>using pencil to write after kindergarden
What the hell? Where do you live user?

All my upper level math classes in undergrad required you to LaTeX all proofs.