What is the most Veeky Forums country on earth?

What is the most Veeky Forums country on earth?

Russia? France? Britain?

The US?
lmao no ofc not

Other urls found in this thread:

businesswire.com/news/home/20160524005123/en/Amazon.com-Announces-Well-Read-Cities-America
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

R U S S I A B T F O S A L L O T H E R C O U N T R I E S W H E N I T C O M E S T O N O V E L S
Not sure about other genres though. Maybe Britain or Italy for poetry

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!

Either that or New York.

Plays too
Or perhaps Scandinavia for plays

Ireland

I like those wacky Russians, it's like they are the missing link between normal white people and funny steppe barbarians

The better question to ask is what are the most Veeky Forums cities. In order, New York, London, Paris. Before, Paris would've been number one.

The secret is alcohol

>New York
oi i am laffin

This, it would have been New York up until the 90s when the city got castrated

>most Veeky Forums cities
paris and it isn't even close

Ruski here, this isn't true

Vienna, Hamburg, Edinburgh

Britain -> Russia -> USA

Other countries = WGAF

>Black Russian
лoл, пoшёл нa хyй нeгp

Epic Google translate

>zatknisz tupaya sobaka

Italy seems a cool place to be in.
Everyone is extremely leftist, the national literature is littered with masterpieces and everything is beautiful to look at.

Russia seems cool if you're a miserabe, depressed writer. It perfectly fits the stereotype.

>google translate
no, I'm just a filthy immigrant

I'm a Mississippi born Russian, I've visited Moscow a few times and can confirm. Place is a depressing, but literary, shithole. Also security is terrible, literally everyone was wearing a massive coat that made the metal detector go off every single time but the Pavel guard was still letting everyone through

Germany.

S:t Petersburg is the most ltierary city in Russia. Of this I'm quite sure.

kek, have you ever met a German?

Plenty. I live there, in Germany.

Surely you mean here...

Listening to Germans IRL is like reading internet comments from 10 years ago. The entire culture is somehow permanently stunted and behind the times

I pretended to not be in Germany currently, because of your question. idk

But yeah I'm quite here.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

>I'm not sure what you mean by that.

You will in ten years

>Britain?
god no

probably russia, france used to be. the US is up there with modern Veeky Forums.

Israel is very lit

Poems dominated public life for a long time, now short stories are dominant

The conflict provides a lot of content for people to grapple with, so authors become popular when they help Israelis digest their lives

Also lots of Bible in public school, children read a lot of Bible and in colloquial Hebrew use biblical expressions which sound fancy AF

Not Israeli just Hebrew speaking Jew who's spent lots of time there

are you thick? it's pretty easy to see what he meant.

Obviously France, how is this even a question?

Russia is too much of a shithole to live in, UK is Murica light and Murica is an anti-intellectual shithole deluxe.

Good pick too.

>lit city
>New York
Nigga, what?

>Italy
>Everyone is extremely leftist
That's not what their last couple of elections suggest. I probably met a single leftist Italian, rest were either centrist or fascist apologists.

Really not at all my impression while I was there visiting family. Everyone kept going about the gypsies and arabs, like very concerned that I'd ride trains where I could come across them. Also lots of complaints about taxes and useless public healthcare.

I was a bit high.

I guess I understand what you mean but I don't quite see that at all. How is our culture "behind the times"? Behind what fucking times. I see no problem.

>German: uhh, wait a second what's going on guys??? Haha duhhh you're not making fun of me right?
Checks out

Do you actually have something to say or do you just want to shitpost?

How are things in Krautland today?

>perhaps Scandinavia for plays

Literally all we have are Strindberg and Ibsen.

Hello,

What Scandinavian language should I learn if I am only interested in being able to read?
As far as I know the choices are Icelandic, Faroese, Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian, which apparently has like 5 different forms.
Which of these will unlock the others?

swedish or bokmål

Dublin, St. Petersburg, Wien, Firenze, Athens, Prague, Jerusalem the list could go on

Things are alright. Woke up really early today, read a bit, and went back to sleep until 3 in the afternoon. Now I'm getting drunk.

Didn't Soviet soldiers piss all over Kant's grave and scrawl it with graffiti?

France > Spain > Germany > Russia > Italy >>>>>>>> UK - Ireland >>>>>>> USA

Flip it around. No one cares about French "literature" except for smelly grenouilles.

>firenze
i know the idea is cool and its pretty when you visit for a weekend but its a 300k city with 20k obese american exchange students getting smashed every night, its also full of gypsies and sunburned english tourists, its actually the worst

same with paris, paris is disgusting right now

Dude i'm italian, we dont even have left or right anymore, we just have a bunch of idiots. All they want is making a ton of money and get power. We are all tired. Like everywhere else i guess. There are some old fashioned lefties still but they are few weed smoking idiots.
Italy is still one of the best countries in the world tho, at least there are a lot of smart persons there. Both in science fields and in Veeky Forums fields.

France produces a lot of literature but it's a lot of bad literature mostly. La Princesse de Clèves is I think a better prose piece than anything in English at the time, but its not on the level of Shakespeare. Proust is fine enough but really doesn't hold a candle to Joyce. I think people highly rate Proust because you can see he worked hard (A for effort) and is an easy if long read, but I don't think it's all that interesting. Almost an exercise in someone trying really hard to overachieve.

The problem I have with sticking Russia up higher is their best shit is mostly trying to be like British authors.

If by Spain we mean Spanish that should probs be up there. Italy has some great shit, but it's more like they have a higher average overall without as many really really great writers.

However:
In terms of places that are conducive to being literary you're probably about right, although Ireland is closer to Spain and really much better than the UK. And Germany is below Russia and Italy. Replace Germany with Austria and stick Germany and Switzerland further down.

>i know the idea is cool and its pretty when you visit for a weekend but its a 300k city with 20k obese american exchange students getting smashed every night, its also full of gypsies and sunburned english tourists, its actually the worst
This is a bit like how people described Praha but it was nothing like this when I went.

germany, autism is in the culture.

Mexico City, Buenos Aires

Bokmål makes it piss-easy to learn Danish, Nynorsk and Swedish to some degree, it's basically a mixture. Icelandic is much more complicated

Greece?

SPQR? Or does that count under Italy?

According to Amazon the most well read American city is Seattle. Followed by Portland, Washington DC, San Fran, Austin, Vegas.

businesswire.com/news/home/20160524005123/en/Amazon.com-Announces-Well-Read-Cities-America

Why didn't you go out and socialize?

I dont know

But I do know that the most pseud country on earth is France

>being this retarded

Its one of the most racist in the EU

American living in France right now; both countries seriously hold their own and in different ways. Germany having any say in what's Veeky Forums is a joke, a culturally flaccid country. Italy has its gems, as does Spain. England is entry lit. Paris is a shithole, I'm posting from Paris and it is an unbelievably garbage city, it feels like Mexico City with how scary each block gets when you're not paying attention.

I think collectively South America and Mexico are putting up a good game and America and France are quite nice in the scheme of Veeky Forums.

Can that kraut fucking leave?? Nobody gives a fuck about your Disneyland leiderhosen culture.

Prague or Budapest will attract the great writers of tomorrow, by the way. Hungary is Veeky Forums right now.

Not him, but quite similar. People are worthless.

>american literature
>spongebob novelisation and twilight

This
Not Mexico City (I'm mexican) but I imagine Buenos Aires as one of the most Veeky Forums places on Earth.

if you take a current snapshot
definitely vienna

Probably the US.

then why does every good Irish writer leave Ireland to go live in Paris?

Nabokov, McCarthy, Bloom, Whitman, Pynchon. What other country has English language literature that even compares

>literally niggering Nabokov just because he lived in US for a while

>"lived in the US for a while"

>he literally immigrated and became Russian-American

U avin a laugh m8?

Show me a country that has any LIVING authors with the status of Pynchon, Roth, Delillo, McCarthy-- let alone 4 or more. Protip: your little opinion about any of those authors doesn't matter. They are widely celebrated and regarded as masters, even if you don't like them, it doesn't change.

Britain has no contemporary writers of that stature. Zero. Nor does Russia.

I'm talking about NOW. Of course England is up there historically, as is Russia. But now?

>but I imagine Buenos Aires as one of the most Veeky Forums places on Earth.

it's full of faux-intellectual argumentative idiots

>I'm talking about NOW. Of course England is up there historically, as is Russia. But now?
So what happens once they kick the bucket?

>>he literally immigrated and became Russian-American
Because Murica is one of the easiest country to immigrate to. After he got in the position to choose where to live, he picked Switzerland.

the one that produces good literature in your first language

That pattern is not exclusive to Irish writers.

For Joyce, tensions were very high in Dublin and I think it was his flatmate one night just came into his room and shot a pistol above his bed. That started him actively moving out of Ireland, France was because he was originally going to study medicine and he had a place there.

In general tho, Irish people just had to move out of Ireland because economics and famine and so on for a long time. They also like meddling in other shit (so they set up a bunch of schools around Europe and Africa, a large number also joined the fight against the British with the Spanish in the colonies. Tucson is an interesting example if you look into its early history. I suspect that was part of the whole "all of Southern Ireland are really Spanish" propaganda shit).