Is not giving a fuck about anything the best way to live your life?

Is not giving a fuck about anything the best way to live your life?

Other urls found in this thread:

cosmopolitan.co.uk/reports/news/a49671/17-year-old-girl-won-lottery-ruined-life/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Almost.
The trick is to give a fuck you want to give a fuck about and not giving a fuck about everything else.
The hard part of that trick is actually finding what you give a fuck about.
And practising that rigorously. Forever.

Learning about the universe.

No. Apathy is death.

>Is not giving a fuck about anything the best way to live your life?
No, that's called depression.

Yes. But it's also important to not give a fuck about not giving a fuck. Some people pretend to not give a fuck but are actually suffering over this and would prefer giving a fuck.

The secret to a happy life for a brainlet is: FREE WILL. Learn to exercise it.

The trouble when you're intelligent is that you try to give a fuck about everything because 'everything' tickles your organic brain. Think of it like having a better radio than everyone else; you just get ALL THE FUCKING CHANNELS, ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

We just aren't taught in schools the difference between self-centered and selfish and WHEN/HOW they are beneficial.

Cheat sheet: Society should be self-centered; 'you' should be selfish.

East = Self-centered (social/personal)
West = Selfish (social/personal)

From that you can see that to get a good balance of self you need to take a bit from both columns.

Correct.

I guess if that floats your boat.

Yup, but you can still be a comfortably numb robot with enough zoloft/prozac. You can still be a functional human being and be an apathetic dick.

Incorrect.

This would be one of the fringe cases, but there are some people who just aren't given the right fucking chances/choices/opportunities/exposure to find THEIR fucks-given ratio.

>You can still be a functional human being and be an apathetic dick.

If you think this then you do not know what it means to be a human being.

How are you defining a human being? Not everyone requires the same combination of emotions to experience purpose/joy/happiness.

'Functional' just means a member of society that can contribute. I've met many an apathetic twit who can hold down a job. Doesn't mean I want to put my dick in them.

>How are you defining a human being?

To live with purpose, a purpose of your own choosing and creation, with the care to pursue that purpose, and the strength of will to remain unwavering in your resolve. It is in contrast to just being 'functional', it is to get what you put in, to live and fight for what YOU believe in, and reap the rewards for having done so.

A valid interpretation I guess, however I should point out that yours does lean more towards the Übermensch definition.

Hitler/Stalin/Mao Ze Dong

But that's probably an unfair list to provide.

I would say what you've described is more trying to be a 'complete' human being. I was only pointing out 'functional', as in performing the functions that a human being is capable of performing. So long as they're happy it isn't really our place to judge.

But Übermenschen do tend to use those types for their own purposes.

I'm not sure about Hitler but I seriously doubt that Stalin or Mao would agree with my definition of a human, to them an individual is only as good as their superficial mechanical quantifiable contribution to the mass, I don't believe that.

>So long as they're happy it isn't really our place to judge.

I can still hate them for lowering the value of human life.

Even though you might be surprised to hear this from me: I agree whole-heartedly and do my best to avoid these people. It does make people think I have an elitest attitude but I simply think of it as my energy/efforts are better served elsewhere.

Hurr durr posting on Veeky Forums Veeky Forums

I'm not really surprised because I can tell that you actually think about things. I catch myself viewing a lot of other people from an elitist perspective, but I really don't try to or want to, because although large sections of the population are basically hopeless there are others that I think are just sick, sick from their extended loss of contact with the human spirit, like an anemic reaction or something

>No.
>The trick is to give a fuck about what you want to give a fuck about and not give a fuck about anything else.
The hard part is actually finding what you want to give a fuck about.
>for whenever you stop giving a fuck and start giving a fuck about something else.

FTFY

I mean, shit, I'm pretty sick myself, constantly bouncing in and out of apathy, so when I judge others who are really drowned in the abyss, it's like a warning to myself

Yes, I do believe the caste/class system DOES have its place. It has just been marred by too many people who simply were 'given' that station in life rather than earning it.

cosmopolitan.co.uk/reports/news/a49671/17-year-old-girl-won-lottery-ruined-life/

Biggest example is the monarchy/royalty. Ming dynasty downfall/Islamic caliphate renaissance destroyed by one indifferent sultan; etc.

But that just opens up the doorway to eugenics and oooooh look at all these dirty words.

Helps to think of it more as a perspective to help you avoid wasted time. As soon as you call it a judgement it does conjure up (to me at least) the belief that somehow I know sufficiently to impose punishment upon them.

Also I would recommend finding a center. Intelligent people have a hard time using themselves as centers, but there isn't anything inherently wrong/evil in doing so.

If you aren't capable of doing that, then perhaps a family/wife/husband/child? A significant other (either in emotion/biology/intellect/art) is truly the best way to navigate OUT of what I like to call the singularity blackhole of despair.

What is a center?

A point that you can orbit your thoughts/actions around. If you find yourself straying too far from it you become 'destabilized', which is when you should know to return to your 'center'.

You can have multiple centers. Really helps to think of it as multiple planets.

ITT: foreveralone thinks there's someone on earth who would accept a fuck from him

"I don't give a fuck" really means "I'm a loser who is mediocre in everything in my life, and rather than try and fail I will embrace the illusion of not caring"

No, because then your life will have no meaning and so you will act differently than if you thought your life had meaning.

What do you do after you fail? Try and fail again?

What I mean faggit is should you care about other stuff in life that is trivial like getting a girlfriend.

You'll nigga's need some Jiddu Krishnamurti in your lives.

>free will
Spooky

Just pretend to give a fuck.

>cosmopolitan.co.uk/reports/news/a49671/17-year-old-girl-won-lottery-ruined-life/

Vapid cunt discovers money isn't everything, and tries to sue the lottery over it. What a was of space.

You say climate change, global wars, large-scale famines? I say who cares. We're all going to die someday anyway; nothing matters.

this desu

all other answers are incorrect

crabs, buckets, etc etc

>intelligence causes you to do more poorly than others

i swear the mental gymnastics in here

You should care about everything, ideally. Imo.

But as an individual, you only have so much care to care. I think that competent/powerful/intelligent individuals are the ones who are able to care more deeply than others.

Daily reminder:

If you actively think about how much you don't give a fuck, then you give a fuck. Many fucks.

It definitely can, just because you're intelligent doesn't mean you have the peace of mind to do anything with it. Most of the "highly successful" people I know are extremely unintelligent.

Nope. can confirm. lived by it. To not give a fuck abt anything, you need to be more conscious which means you need to be alert 24X7 to not give a fuck.. Prioritising things is a better approach imho.

As other posters have stated, you need to give a fuck about all you love, all who matter to you, and to give others not a second thought.

Our modern world provides many opportunities to see, hear, and care about everything on the face of the earth, while we grew up in a system that made our minds available to care about a select few people and a select few necessities. Universal altruism and this overwhelming amount of information that is available to us (that only an adderall drip would allow us to dig through meaningfully) causes our depression and existential angst. You need to curate your relationships, you need to curate your information intake to stay sane.

I said this because I have intense anxiety and my dog licked my face after i took her for a night walk. Ever since that lick I've been thinking that a bat gave my dog rabies and my dog gave me rabies . She has a torn tendon on her left leg but hasn't been a problem since the day after i took her for that walk and a mild for of rabies can cause paralysis of the back legs. I know rabies has a tranismisson peroid but i can't stop thinking about it HElpHEllp gfdfuck

Nihilism will only eat you alive. You will struggle with lifelong search for identity

you must use your imagination to find care. You must create a fantasy goal and a fantasy world with rules to live by, or you will never fill the void

How can you manage to not give a fuck about literally anything? Seems impossible for me.

This desu. Until it does, it really has nothing to do with me. So I don't really care about any of that. Caring only about stuff you believe you should care about is the right call. If it doesn't make sense for you to care about something to you, then don't. Self-deception is about the worst thing you can do.

Existentialism is the answer, my man.

If karma and consequences are lies, then yes, it would be.
I am seriously--intelligently, thoughtfully and considerately--concerned about karma. I think I did some serious stupid in a past life. But I've learned so next life I'll have intelligent parents, not be born in a 3rd world country.

Actual grown up nihilist here. There is no identity. Search complete.

>