>they don't even know that the meaning of life is joy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=twET-broTOc
youtube.com/watch?v=CJ_HTABr7hA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I thought it was 42 xD.

heh 420

>he doesnt even know that the joy of life is meaning, whatever it is

>he doesn't understand that in order to give life a meaning, we must first reach immortality

What if I find joy in making other people suffer?

>he doesn't understand that we are all mortals already, through rationality and discourse, as exposed on the Phaedo.

>>they're THIS spooked
>>>in the current year

What are you talking about? This must be perhaps the most spooked era in the entire human history. Perhaps obscurantism being a close second.

that's just stupid and incorrect

why?

Once you die, every meaning you acheived dissapears forever

Once you eat, every food you served disappears forever.

So you haven't read the Phaedo, what the fuck are you talking about?

>Meaning
>Life
>Joy
Post in this thread, while there's still time.

This is a bad analogy as food converts into fuel for your body and without it you would die

Your'e correct, I haven't read it.
I did look it up on the internet and from what I understood, the Phaedo is not relevant here.
What the Phaedo defines as death is not the same death this discussion is about: I am talking about the real death - where there is nothing more beyond the moment your brain stops functioning.

>I did look it up on the internet and from what I understood...

Do a favor for all us and never open or post anything in this board ever again, you useless sack of excrement.

if you even bother thinking about the "meaning" of life then you literally have no understanding of anything

What??
I made a claim on a thread, and as a counter-argument you brought up a book without explaining the idea of it.
It's obvious that I can't go and read that book before the thread 404's in order to answer you, so looking it up is the best choice.
Please, if I misunderstood the idea you are welcome to explaining it, but don't start sperging on me for not reading a certain book.

I honestly don't think I've ever felt actual joy. My emotional range seems only to stretch from suicidal to a little giddy.

What's it like to feel truly happy, lads?

youtube.com/watch?v=twET-broTOc

I feel like that bruh, my happy moments are moments in which Im kinda ok

but I once took like 5 pills of oxycodone and I think thats the only time Ive been trully happy

you should try it

>thinking people who spend all day arguing with anonymous posts on a purple website know the first thing about living well

Grown man who gets heavily invested in Veeky Forums debates: "On the topic of how to live a good life, first of all..."

youtube.com/watch?v=CJ_HTABr7hA

It's not

>he doesn't know that the meaning of life is power.

>they don't even know that there is no meaning to life

>joy

>wake up
>think about what i will do today
>gotta get some joy

he might know the meaning of power is joy

>he doesn't enjoy suffering

leaving aside the questionability of the statement, unless you mean the perfect immortality (so you will be alive even when the universe comes to the heat death if it ever comes) your immortality assumes a death ahead, even if it's far ahead