Lucia Joyce Chapter in Jerusalem

For anyone who's read Jerusalem by Comicbook Meme-man what did you think of the chapter "Round the bend"? I understand half of what's going on and then the other half is gibberish

I refuse to buy Jerusalem unless they make it a single-volume paperback.

Fair enough I went for the hardcover I'd say they'll do it eventually

looks like finnegans wake but dull

From what I've seen of Finnegan's Wake that's accurate

What is honestly the point of this shit?
Why does it get published?

It fits into the book as a whole, out of context it makes less sense that it does to someone who's read the preceding 800 pages

Honestly if "Round the Bend" wasn't a big enough giveaway that it's a Joyce/Finnegans Wake reference ("riverrun, past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore to bend of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs") then truly, this board is dead.

I get the reference but I was just struggling to read the thing itself. Needless to say Moore's writing is as he said himself a poor imitation of Joyce's

Holy shit. Does this idiot really think that taking mundane sentences and fucking up the spelling of the words has anything to do with the way Joyce wrote? This is embarrassing.

well fucking duh. that doesnt mean its any good.

Yeah the whole point of the chapter is that it's a emulation of FW. I've only read Portrait and Dubliners and a bit of Ulysses. I was just wondering has anyone else read this and got whats going on

I see... a paperback edition... one year after publication, like every other book in existence.

That's about right - a mixture of meaningful sentences laced with wordgame layers, and of gibberish sentences warped towards the meaningful ones in the same way

you are wrong and a faggot

That's essentially what I got a lot of gibberish with a some good passages about time and how people live and Lucia memeing around doing shit

How am I wrong? That's how big publishing works: hardcover comes out, then one year after publication, the paperback comes out.

>Modern literature.

Is he, dare I say it, the saviour of literature?

At least he trying something different in comparison to the shit that's popular

Different =/= better

I wish more of this got published. It's the only kind of interesting literature after a while. Moore is just dogshit. This seemed really low effort.

I imagine he didn't spend 7 years writing this chapter

Too true. I think Jerusalem is much better though

Of course just making the point that Moore himself wouldn't claim this is nearly as good as Finnegan's Wake

*sucks in air through teeth*

Right

if this exact segment was in ulysses it would have been praised

He essentially did with FW anyway. It's not actually that hard of a chapter anyway it just ends up being about Lucia dancing on a lawn in the end

If anything was in Ulysses it would have been praised. Your statement is meaningless so far as that book is concerned.