Should high school math start with abstract algebra before everything else or are kids too stupid?

Should high school math start with abstract algebra before everything else or are kids too stupid?

Why would you try to teach abstract algebra to niggers who will never calculate anything more complicated than their rent or interest on a loan?

that pic made me lel

congrats

We should teach kids matrix shit instead of the way algebra is currently being taught to them.

Some linear algebra is already being taught in schools from non-meme countries.

It's well established that school doesn't work and won't teach people anything. So go right ahead make the curriculum whatever the hell you want. It won't make a difference.

They should start with formal logic and mathematical foundations, but I would settle for category theory.

Nice dream, but you have to realize a 12 year old is much dumber than a 15 year old who is much dumber than a 18 year old. How can you expect kids to keep up with that if the vast majority can't handle even the current curriculum? Sure it may be structured/taught shittily and more could be added, but not that much more.

because we shouldn't lower the standards of education to cater to people who are worthless

But those standards are too high user. And the aim of k-12 should be to give a good education to as many kids as possible. In the school system I was taught in(ex-eastern bloc), there is this tendency for professors to cater to the best students, prepare them for competitions, etc. and leave the vast majority behind, fucking their future up. It's not a healthy system to have.

I sometimes think about this. The basics of group theory are actually pretty simple, but maybe it would be too abstract for brainlets. Then again, maybe it would actually make things easier to start from the very basics.

Early to maths, last to sex.
Personal motto.

Those "worthless people" are literally 99,99% of the general population. Most kids are dumb and are only able to learn that stuff until they are muh older. Not everyone who isn't Gauss or Von Neumann is worthless.

>implying you would've made it through

They should be taught how to blow their noses: instead of eating their snot and getting sick "because they ate their dirty, diseased snot."

The average high-schooler (read: the 90% that don't go into STEM) already questions the point of learning how to rearrange simple algebraic equations, or learning about the Pythagorean theorem, or learning about functions. What makes you think they'd be able to handle abstract algebra?

>having this much of a complex

I would have liked to try. i spent every hour of my compulsory education reading fiction, and now i'm working on my PhD
see above. the current state of compulsory education is worthless. at the very least it should have its standards raised to challenge people. those who can't make it through can be bussed to brainlet land where they attempt the existing system
it's hard being great

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that doing this is part of the immnune system. Something about snot containing some antibiotics or anti bacterial stuff that helps the lymfocits to take care of the sickness and memorize it better for later reaction.
but I'm too lazy to look for sources now, so take from that what you want

/thread

You sound like you have struggled to interact with other people throughout your entire life. Are you autistic? I feel bad for you.

>that 5th grade curriculum

I honestly think most kids could do this..
..IF they somehow managed to approach it with passion and genuine interest. There's nothing inherently "hard" about any of it other than being patient and disciplined.

But desu I'm roughly 9/10th grade there, but if I had boss level passion or discipline even a brainlet like me could do it imo, especially if not watered down with making macaroni art