Lewis Carroll

Was he a pedo? I think so.
Spending the days with little girls and all that subtext...

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pederast
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pedos are patrician.

Only Nabokov and Marquez desu

He proposed marriage to her user, it is needed great delusion to believe he was not.

>implying Poe and Carroll weren't great

Alice, it's sequel, Marquez and Nabokov aside, is any of those books actually good?

At what age?

It is actually just speculation, but it seems likely taking into consideration Alice in Wonderland was written for her to begin with and that there was a sudden separation between the two when she was around 11, probably because the family went against their relationship.

No shit, his hobby was taking nude photos of children. Have you ever read his poetry? He confesses his love to a 10 year old girl. I'm quite sure he never fiddled kids though and all the kids who knew him, loved him.

He's qt though

How is that missing House of Sleeping Beauties, when Marquez even admits his novel is basically a rip-off of it?

He can do whatever he wants with little girls and they can still love as long as he doesn't hurts them, in fact, I doubt he didn't fiddled little girls being a lot of times alone with them and taking them photos nude.

I'm sure it was against his morals because reading his poetry makes him seem like a very sexually and romantically repressed man.

That may be right, he lived in an age where people were already being persecuted for those things. His only hope and true love may have been solely Alice, a shame things didn't turn out well for him.
It is still a possible, and maybe even likely, that he did something to Alice and the rupture with her family was do to the family finding out, but we will never know the truth for sure.

it takes one second on google to find out that these rumors are baseless. This thread pops up once a month or so.

Even if he didn't do a thing to Alice, he had tons of other little getting nude in front of him and loving him, he never doing a thing to them is honestly improvable.

The marriage proposal thing is indeed just a theory, that he liked little girls though, is definitely not baseless.

What novel?

>Alissa Nutting

>I'm quite sure he never fiddled kids though
>his hobby was taking nude photos of children
You don't sound too convincing honestly.

You'd be sexually and romantically repressed too if you were a pedo.

Pedos should all be gassed. Even if it's fictional.

1- Being a pedo nowadays is different from being a "pederast" in 1865. Asking a 13th years old for marriage was common thing. Even in that case, no one is sure if Dodgson did that.
2 - Dodgson was a late Romantic, what means his motif about purity, innocence, nostalgia and holiness will reflect on children's image, like many others before him.
3 - Dodgson was a priest in training, so for his time, the biggest scandal was about him being in affair with any woman, and not necessarily with children. That explain his secret diary and his tortured thoughts.
4 - We can only speculate if he ever felt in love with Alice/Lorina, but that being the case he probably was waiting for the "right time" to ask her out. What explains he being really sad on Alice marriage with another guy. Similar thing happened to Poe and his cousin.

80% of those were cynical against pedos, going on fear-mongering territory even ."End of Alice" and "What Maisie Knew" were the biggest examples.

Forgot Eproctophilia, the most patrician of all.

He was a naive, gentle man. It was she who seduced him!

Just look at her eyes. She knows what she's doing.

Poe did marry his cousin though, and lived together with her long before they married. He had it worse than Carroll at the end though, her sickness and early death devasted Poe.

>pederast
this word means a homosexual btw

What about Lamb, Mathilda and Dream Children? Their synopsis seem promising.

In ancient Greece yes, but in 1800 it implied any non-consensual sex with children

You learn something new everyday.

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pederast
it always meant a man-boy relationships

this is what i spend my time thinking about too

>tfw thought that was two girls at first

b-but it's a forbidden love!

It is always forbidden love no matter the gender.

eloquence is the gateway to sex without regrets

this is the most asspained image i've ever seen

I wonder how many of those are just portraying rape.