French intellectuals

>french intellectuals

Other urls found in this thread:

math.ucr.edu/home/baez/bogdanov.html
youtube.com/watch?v=rVpg2IrGwsk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

can somebody provide me with an expeditious summary of who these two are?

>Igor Yourievitch Osten-Sacken-Bogdanoff and Grichka Yourievitch Osten-Sacken-Bogdanoff, (or Bogdanov) (born on 29 August 1949 in Saint-Lary, Gers, France) are French television producers[1] and scientific essayists who since the 1970s have presented various subjects in science fiction, popular science and cosmology. They were involved in a number of controversies, most notably the Bogdanov affair in which it was alleged the brothers wrote nonsensical advanced physics papers that were nonetheless published in reputable scientific journals.

can some one take away a slow walk up of these guys?

And people wonder why francophobia exists

QUICK

RUNDOWN

why is the CIA pushing this meme op?

that's an oxymoron.

Their Ph.D. theses were so shitty they were widely taken to be a Sokal-style hoax.

math.ucr.edu/home/baez/bogdanov.html

Stop trying to hide their crimes frog.

>implying the CIA hasn't been infiltrated by Bodgdanoff mole agents since the end of the cold war

too bad this meme died, it was starting to grow on me

>youtube.com/watch?v=rVpg2IrGwsk

I too require a subsidised that could be described as rapid in breadth account of these gentlemen.

This is the first time I see a legit reason to hate us.

post modernism is cancer

why do they look so weird? old plastic surgery?

What is it even? What are the consequences of it?

I'm not the user you asked, but here is the simplest explanation:

post-modernism is a philosophical mindset which attempted the de-formalize basic cultural assumptions we have in the west. An example:
a post modernist would not recognize that physicists agree on a theory. instead they would say that many individual physicists have similar ideas with varying levels of agreement.

many people who are not post modernists believe this whole mindset is bullshit. personally i think it is perhaps an interesting concept but fundamentally useless.

(sorry the simplest explanation is also very wordy)

Post-Modernism is about the non-existence of a single hard truth.
There are multiple ways to think about things, to do things, to interpreted things, ect.
There is no right or wrong, no objectivity, only subjectivity.
Which is, in itself almost like a hard truth, and so yeah it doesn't really work.

Post-Modernism only really works in art and culture.
Artsy fartsy people that don't know shit about science should think before they speak.

these are both quality explainations. the problem with post-modernism today is retards who basically turn it into cultural or other equally shitty relativism concepts. pure subjectivism is theoretically true to the uninformed, who don't realize that it's functionally garbage

thank you~

Here is a list of important French intellectuals:
>.
Here is a list of their achievements:
>.

T-they are French.

Heh

>decartes

accomplishments:
>cartesian plane
>mind body problem