Is this good, lads?

Is this good, lads?

300 pages into it right now, it's excellent so far. It also isn't nearly as difficult to read as most people say it is.

I just finished JR and it was amazing. Not as difficult as I was expecting but takes some focus with the big conversation parts. Great stuff. Sorry not recognitions but still Gaddis.

its a tough one, i guess it isn't very difficult but its definitely not entry level by any means.

The difficulty is following all the references.

I should make this distinction; I am referring to the language. The content of the book is very complicated and incorporates a lot of outside material. But understanding what is occurring page by page is fairly easy if you are used to long and winding sentence structure.

Two caveats:
I am comparing its difficulty to the rest of the big meme books.
I haven't finished it yet so maybe it gets harder.

Well you can just use williamgaddis.org for that.

It makes it more time consuming but there isn't much difficulty in looking things up or going to williamgaddis.org like the other user said. But as far as interpreting the connections you have a lot of options so it can get complicated quickly if you don't annotate or take notes. If that is what you are referring to then I see what you mean, it is completely worth it though. Tracking allusions is where I am having some of the most fun with this book.

Those generally refer to the work itself, rather than give any explanation.

I hated it. Waste of time.
Waste of money.
Gaddis is a complete hack.

>Hasn't read the book

Uh, yes I have. It was shit.
Total shit. I should have known better than to listen to you people.

>X is a complete hack.

Is this a new epic Veeky Forums may may? I've seen it like 3 times on the front page alone.

Oh okay my bad user, so the answer is option B: you are a complete idiot

Keep up faggot

This book is shit. And so are you.

Ya, Aristophanes started posting this month.

What should I read before Recognitions if I want to understand some of the major thematic allusions to other works?

you would have to read like 60 things

that's okay

I'm actually interested in what sort of books it alludes too. /just some examples would be nice if you could.