Why are CS and Engineering such sausage fests?

Why are CS and Engineering such sausage fests?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tiJVJ5QRRUE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

(((hollywood))) stereotypes

>not knowing biological predilections differing between genders
>posting on Veeky Forums
Someone was well trained I see

That doesn't explain Maths, Biology, Physics, Architecture and Business.

They say that the presence of something always attracts more of that.

Example: If a nation starts having a huge communist movement then it will be no surprise when a lot of foreign communists travel there to join their comrads.

So in the case of CS a bunch of autists attracted more autists (and autists are overwhelmingly male). In the case of engineering a bunch of male homosexuals attracted... more male homosexuals.

women don't think in the way an engineer does. they don't know how things work and they aren't wired for that curiosity. figuring out how something works is a macho/confidence thing, not intellectual. this is why the best engineers are the alpha ones, and why no girls go into engineering. telling girls to go into engineering is like telling guys to go into interior decorating or something. most guys don't give more than a mild shit about it.

You need to be intelligent to do well in either of them.

I'm a Chem major doing a minor in physics. In my chemistry classes the gender ratio is pretty balanced, only about 60:40, but my physics classes are overwhelmingly male. I'm talking like 10-1 male/female.
I assume it's because of all the girls who do chemistry for pre-Med

why is that even bad? the tradeoff for having motivated people in engineering (do you really want someone who doesn't give a shit building the _thing that your life will depend on working correctly whiel using it_) is more males in engineering than other fields. deal with it.

well assumptions are like assholes, everybody's got 'em

Oh fuck that's rich

> best engineers are alphas
> figuring things out is macho

I don't know where you've been, but you've never met engineers.

You are a huge brainlet if you weren't able to deduce why this happens. But I don't think you are asking this question because you don't know the answer. I'm betting you just wanna see other jaded autists agree with you in how women are inherently inferior to men.

> best engineers

Boys and girls are different user

Not really, see

because most women are looking to avoid hard work and would rather fuck around for 4 years.

have you met engineers? all they want is the answer without reference to how anyone got it

There are not cute boys in it.

men and women have very different brains because genetics

lol this, "alpha" engineers are generally overconfident, which leads to incompetence, which leads to unemployment

In business, you can charm and bully your way into a deal. In engineering, you cant charm and bully your way into a working system.

They require intelligence, which women are clearly lacking.
BTW I voted for Trump.

Y'all don't think it has anything to do with girls being told since they're that they're not meant for these fields? Or that they simply fundamentally don't have the mental capacity for it (see, , though at least 2 of these are satire). Like, I know psychology is considered a meme here, but think about it, if for the first 18 years of your life, you're told "You can't do _____ because your brain isnt made for it", are you ever gunna even try?

And I'm not going into the unwelcoming and alienating boys-club frat life that engineering seems to brag about.

They're kind of hard, have a lot of math, and require more abstract and critical thinking rather than rote memorization

scares the timid females off

They aren't told that you fucking moron

The majority of K-12 teachers (your biggest direct role models and influences) are women, and studies have shown that these women show favoritism for girls

Girls outpace boys grade-wise in every subject up to graduation

Boys drop out at a greater rate and enroll in college in less capacity. They don't have specific movements or scholarships targeted towards them.

The cards are heavily stacked against boys, that may in fact be why they are willing to face a tougher task when it's time to choose their college major.

Because women have underdeveloped ability to practice abstract thinking

>Y'all

I don't know man, all I'm saying is that I it has to be a more complicated issue than just "Girls cant into STEM". There has to be some sort of non-academic pressure that either pushes them away from it in the first place, or pushes them out once their in (ie boys-club frat life)

Hop off my dick, y'all is a proper contraction. The grammar is a bit questionable ("You all don't think..."), but y'know, whatever.

I meant eg., not ie.

autistic nerd faggots repel women.

He's not wrong though. There were about an equal number of men/women in my chem classes until we passed the pre-reqs for nursing, then it was 90% dudes.

Engineering is hard. Women don't have the same drive to push through the difficult classes. My engineering program started out 55% women, and then finished 20% women. This was at a school that was 60% women.

That meme is 30 years out of date.

Modern schools are far harder on boys, and give girls more help and attention, but they still don't want to be coders, or engineers

>I don't know man, all I'm saying is that I it has to be a more complicated issue than just "Girls cant into STEM". There has to be some sort of non-academic pressure that either pushes them away from it in the first place, or pushes them out once their in (ie boys-club frat life)

Does it? Numerous psychological studies have shown that girls tend to be more verbally-inclined while boys are more spatial and objective. This would render insight into the results.

>boys-club frat life

If you believe this you're an idiot. Look at the spike then sudden fall in CS for girls. By your theory that's impossible as women wouldn't dare enter a field that was originally 20% male. There are confounding cultural factors, true. Women don't see CS as glamorous, and know Engineering is hard. Unlike men, there is no cultural impetus for them to be a breadwinner and association with earning as a component in attraction, so add that as well. This isn't a negative for them, they have the option to enter a difficult and lucrative field, or not. Many men don't.

How about you stop feeding into the eternal female victim complex that persists even after all measurable privileges have been given to them in the education system. This shit drives me insane.

Scholarships exclusively for women, STEM initiatives exclusively for women, support groups and events targeted at women, diversity hiring in the industry that targets women, a K-12 system that is objectively pro-girl and anti-boy, and even college generates 60+% female graduates

The idea that there is anything working against them institutionally is utterly and categorically stupid

Do not allow any dipshit femfuck sociology major to try to tell you otherwise

Because girls are stupid

>tfw engineering major

It's killing me.

women and men were subject to very different selection pressures for 99.999% of human evolution. It would more surprising if there werent substantial differences in our brains and their capabilities

>Numerous psychological studies have shown that girls tend to be more verbally-inclined while boys are more spatial and objective.
This sounds vaguely familiar, but i'll look more into it when I get home.

>20% male
Where? The spike in CS tops off at around 35% female.

>there is no cultural impetus for them to be a breadwinner
True, but I think this is in the process of changing. Women seem to be striving for more financial independence, leading to higher ambitions (evident from the general increasing trend of almost ever blue and green line). They may not be required to be the breadwinner, but more and more they're wanting to be something greater than just "the engineer's/scienctist's/programmer's wife"

>even after all measurable privileges have been given to them in the education system
That's what I'm saying though, it's more than just institutions/educational systems. It's the culture within these environments. Yay, good, there's scholarships and support groups and what have you, but that doesn't do much to change how they are viewed by their peers.

Don't be so bitter. I'm here for an honest discussion, not a pissing match.

Why shouldn't I be bitter? No one cares or pays attention to this boatload of patently apparent evidence to the contrary. Our society is "poor women that, poor women this."

I don't care about any of the MRA shit but when people start fucking with my industry and telling me how it works I'll take it personally.

>There has to be some sort of non-academic pressure that either pushes them away from it in the first place, or pushes them out once their in

Biological and Social forces. Women tend to choose "social" jobs like nursing where their job is to interact with people. Men tend to choose abstract jobs where they are interacting with objects.

Men are also driven to try and acheive social status by obtaining a difficult job, where women can find social status in raising a family.

The greater freedom women have to choose Thier own destiny, the less likely they are to pursue STEM jobs.

>How about you stop feeding into the eternal female victim complex that persists even after all measurable privileges have been given to them in the education system. This shit drives me insane.

+10 Internets to you sir

youtube.com/watch?v=tiJVJ5QRRUE

let's wrap this up already.

But this doesn't wrap anything up

It's 40 minutes of "muh opinion, muh feelings", and honestly, none of the studies convinced me (from the brief descriptions they gave us).

>It's 40 minutes of "muh opinion, muh feelings", and honestly, none of the studies convinced me (from the brief descriptions they gave us).

How are we supposed to continue having a conversation about this unless you point out the flaws in the studies?