Any /pioneervalley/ litizens here?

Any /pioneervalley/ litizens here?

Aye. Amherst citizen reporting in

Ayy
As a lowly townie, what are the good bookstores around Amherst? There are a thousand, but i'm forever rooting through stacks of "A People's History of..." looking for Mishima paperbacks.

umass slut here
If you haven't checked out the bookmill in Montague, it's worth a visit

I've heard of that place. My grandfather found the exact copy of a book a roommate had "borrowed" from him 40+ years ago. Had his initials on the inside.

Well to be more precise I'm a Hampshire fag but somewhat more personable and less awful.

I have a copy of the sea of fertility in paperback. If there was any assurance of getting it back I'd be happy to lend you it

Any middlebury students here?

Not pioneer valley but close enough

I'm lonely as fuck

Yo any of you guys go to Grey Matter in Hadley? Its a good half hour away from my house but its fuckin worth it. Only drawback is that a lot of the books are in shitty condition.

As a former Hampshire-fag I'm so sorry.

That's cool. I have the Sea of Fertility cycle + Confessions already. I voted for the entire cycle + Infinite Jest for the Veeky Forumscore list.

Middlebury VT or CT?

Vt

Book Mill in Montague is great so is Raven Books in Northampton. Those seem to be the best in the area

raven books is way too small for me. They only have a single shelf for poetry.

but Northampton in general is a pretty great place. Fun to people watch, at the very least.

Yeah it's small but you can find some good stuff.

Also look into Grey Matter books in Hadley. The prices are kinda steep as far as used books go but if you are looking for selection they have a ton. Probably the most in the valley as far as used bookstores go.

i already mentioned Grey Matter in the thread

its actually my favorite place to go. ive made a routine to go every other saturday and get whatever im craving, whether it be some poetry or some obscure local stuff (they actually have a stack of manuscripts and magazines in the Beat section). The two guys who own it are really great too -- always open to some meandering discussion about what ya bought.

It's not awful. Sure there are callout culture shitheads, autistic sjws and a generally charged atmosphere, but I've avoided most of that by being NS, and taking the occasional literature course. I've yet to be called racist or a shitlord, though, so that's nice.

>the entire cycle
great taste. Which one was your fave and why?

The basement area of Amherst Books is really good for finding odd or rare books. I got a paperback of Nigel Lewis' Book of Babel for about a dollar. Topside isn't worth as much.

Spring Snow is my favorite by far, maybe for the simple reason that I am every bit the prissy bitch kiyoaki matsugae is; without getting into blogposting, our lives have some Twilight Zone-level parallels.

I'm comfortable with that being a pretty pleb reason to like a book.

Spring snow was great imho. Had the poetry but not the edginess of Runaway Horses and didn't have the overload of Buddhist theology of Temple of Dawn. Have't quite finished Angel, so can't comment on that.
Hell, it's a good reason. Kiyoaki is a rite bitch but a romantic one.

bump

I used to live in Ripton VT and visit Middlebury all the time for groceries.

Now I live in UT, but that entire area was absolutely key for my voice as a writer.