UAE plans first city on Mars

gulfnews.com/news/uae/general/uae-to-build-first-city-on-mars-by-2117-1.1978549

Insanely rich people used to finding ways to survive in a harsh, dry climate and building huge climate controlled structures... it's just wild enough, it might work!

I live in the UAE, and it's pretty good. it is the most peaceful country there is. You can literally leave your door open and not worry about a theif coming in, although it is advisable not to do so.

>I live in the UAE

Could you please get in touch with your countrymen and advise them to accelerate their schedule? I want to go to the Mars Shopping Festival and ski indoors on the slopes of Olympus, but I doubt I will make it to 2117.

>Allahu Mars-bar
It's nice they're spending money on researching new technologies which will (probably) benefit the entire humanity as a whole but I would prefer it if they planned to do it within the next 50-60 years.

>it is the most peaceful country there is.

What
Wait till the barrels stop rolling

>>countrymen
>He doesn't know that 80% of the people living in the UAE are foreigners

What complete bullshit. UAE doesn't have the money for this. Sure they can waste a few billion here and there on some vanity projects designed by foreign architects and engineering companies but Mars is another thing entirely. In 2117 it's far more likely that UAE won't exist, oil will run out and somewhere else will become the luxury destination. UAE only gained an interest in space after the ISRO milked the publicity of their 70 million dollar pointless Mars orbiter so they thought they would do the same, only using foreign infrastructure.

In other news the UAE are making a state corperation called the United Arab Corperation

Can't wait to see what the hell they get up to up there.

Just another third-world hell-hole that will soon run out of money and have "nothing" but the poverty they had before oil to show for all that oil money.

Not if the oil economy collapses first

I'm pretty sure they are investing in ways to make sustainable wealth. Kind of like the Nordics did after their oil boom. The difference is the Emirati aren't stupid enough to just import a bajillion somalis out of a misguided attempt to be diverse.

Why does non-whites having money make you so butthurt? You realize that if they improve their country, they won't immigrate to your country, right?

UAE, don't you mean UAC?

How are they going to get their Indian and Filipino slaves to Mars to build it for them?

Good, put some pressure on white conservatives. Nothing gets the space budget going like an Islamic mars base.

isn't UAE and Saudi Arabia basically just some nice cities and some rich people with most of the populace poor as fuck and struggling?

Emirates have a shitload of migrant workers. Theyre just treated like trash. To be an Emirati citizen you need to provide documentation of like 3 generations of ancestors who lived there. If youre a citizen though, baby your life is made. Its the welfare state on steroids

UAE Upper Upper-class male here. I find your post to be very offensive. My money can buy the resources needed to terraform mars, and you're not allowed to my new planet.

Will it be Bogdanograd?

I would worry about how to remain earth habbitable first.

I admire their innovation
The Burj Khalifa is a world wonder

>United Arab Corperation
>Can't wait to see what the hell they get up to up there.

>Corperation
Do we really want to know?

>Kind of like the Nordics did after their oil boom.
That does not bode well, seeing what reality REALLY is like here on the ground.

t.Nordic Guy

These idiots are building tall structures on Mars.

Fucking LOL

You gotta start underground

We have it pretty sweet here tbf. If only there was a serious drive towards something else than oil and fish. Norway would be perfect for clean energy tech like nuclear, hydro and wind/waves, but everything keeps getting ass-fucked by hippies who cant get their head out of their own ass
t. Norfag

Yeah, the potentials and the upsides are enormous. Problem is the self declared elite living within Ring 2 big on verbiage and short on insight.

You would for instance think that companies capable of building 300 m tall concrete structures would ba capable of dominating the wind turbine market and in particular the offshore wind turbine parts. But no. That, you know, is not the core market. Which is sinking. Along with the oil price.

Situation is pretty serious and I know a fair number of well educated and experienced people who have not been able to get a job in 5 years, Gov. does not want to be too honest in order to avoid the 1988 experience.

Thankfully we have a culture for poverty, at least outside Oslo, and man will that come in handy.

>. it is the most peaceful country there is
You need more than nice. You need a drive. Does UAE have this?

Personally I'd guess Israel lands a dude before Arabs will if we are taking about the Middle East.