Given that we can visualize three dimensional shapes in two dimensions...

Given that we can visualize three dimensional shapes in two dimensions, is it theoretically possible to view four dimensional objects in three?

Other urls found in this thread:

wikimediablog.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/120-cell.gif?w=254&h=254
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirby_calculus
physics.upenn.edu/~chb/pubs/onehandle.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes. In fact you can draw a 4th dimensional object in 2D. In fact you can draw a 4 dimensional object in 1D, but it will just be a straight line.

>what is a projection?

A fourth dimensional shape called a tesseract depicted in 3 dimensions.

No trying to imagine four spatial dimensions is beyond impossible because our brain is tuned for 3D existence dumbass.

Sorry that's actually a net of a tesseract not a 3 dimensional depiction of tesseract. Kinda like how this is a net of a cube.

Here's a 10-dimensional object

animation. you can display an entire 4D julia set only if you watch it as a video. each frame of the video is one of the 3d slices

Hey guys, check out this visualization of a 10000000th dimensional object drawn in 0D

Keep in mind, you're viewing the 2-d paper from the perspective gained by a third dimension. Imagine looking at a picture of a 3D image on 2-d paper from inside the paper. You'd just see flat lines, not a 3D image. If you had 3D paper that you could look at from a 4D perspective, then yes, but you don't, so no.

Don't you mean 2D representation of the idea of 0D?

>tfw, to intelligent to think in a mere 10 dimensions

It is possible to do it in two dimensions simulating three dimensions. I'm not sure if it allows yoou to really visualize anything, but it is cool to look at.

Or try this one.

Or why not go completely mad!?!

To my mind, at some point it is no longer possible to follow enough of what is going on to make it interesting.

And forgot to post pic that goes with this, and it is too big to post anyway... so sorry.

wikimediablog.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/120-cell.gif?w=254&h=254

reminds me or ramiel from NGE

Weebs will be purged

OUR BRAIN SEES IMAGES IN 2D YOU FUCKING RETARD INBRED TRUMP VOTER

BRAINLETS GET OUT OF MY BOARD

watch the dawkins video

Someone living in 2-D flatland would only see one dimension though; Height. He has no way to perceive depth. Unless he was moving at a constant speed relative to another object, at which point he could measure Depth as function of time.

What if we are moving through four dimensional space at a semi-constant speed and measure the fourth spatial dimension as time due to our limited perspective?

>we can visualize three dimensional shapes in two dimensions
And often multiple interpretations of rendering it in 3d. We see--old lady or young woman--by subjectivity.

Really? My brain does the whole "integrate two images from two eyes, create depth perception" thing.

i meant sagan. fuck

I wonder if holographic technology will help with this since its creating a 3d shape with light vs a screen creating a 2d shape with light.

VR headsets might work aswell but thats still a 2d screen in the headset

What if like, shadows of objects is the fourth dimension/a dimension?

Dimensions are a made up concept, bud.

everything is a made up concept

Shadows are 1 dimensional
We see in 2 dimensions
Seeing a object from all sides at once is 3 dimensional

god damnit, we had this exact same thread yesterday

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirby_calculus

unfortunately this page doesn't have any pictures

this article was linked on the wiki page:
physics.upenn.edu/~chb/pubs/onehandle.pdf

it seems reasonably well-written, and should at least give you an idea of what goes into the pictures

Yes, it is possible to create the shadow of an n-dimensional object in an n-1 dimensional space. It is also possible to draw the shadow of an n-1 dimensional shadow of an n-dimensional object in an n-2 dimensional space. Pic related.

those are just projections of the shadow of a 4D object. OPs pic is a projection of a cube itself, not just its shadow. there's a significant difference in information and that's due to our ability to see perspective stereoscopically. you can't do that with 4D.