Why is it cool to be a nihilist

Why is it cool to be a nihilist

As with all things - it's only cool if it's effortless.

Got me laid once, but to be fair she was Canadian, and so probably didn't know any better.

Your thread is shit btw.

It isn't.

>tfw no God

because Nihilists.. they don't believe in nothin, man.

Is it? I thought it's cool to go over the top optimism and talk about how everything is beautiful and crap.

Depends who you ask

nothing matters anyway

Because if it weren't cool you idiots would have nothing to complain about, so, it's "cool".

Existentialism went out of style.
No more
>Mfw I can do anything
Now it's all about
>Tfw they'll never amount to anything

Being a nihilistic alone isn't cool. Using nihilism to justify hedonism is cool af tho senpai

Hey senpai that's what I do! Should I kill myself and get this meaningless existence over with??

Cause you are free from everything, nothing matters to a nihilist. I could be wrong

Not even their own life matters to a nihilist. They accept that life is doomed and have given up hope.

It brings that cool jaded disinterestedness to a metaphysical level.

It's basically the ultimate Platonic form of a cigarette and sunglasses.

No one is actually a nihilist.

Because it takes bravery to be a nihilist.

Does it? It feels like giving up whenever I consider embracing it.

yes i wish nihilism "discussion" on this board and in general would stop cause it has nothing to do with actual philosophical nihilism.

signals your IQ is at least 90

This

Giving up is brave. Most people need irrational delusional amounts of hope and optimism to function.

Because it's cool to not have real convictions and it's cool to not care. Look at how prevalent of lazy shitposts that basically accuse others of being tryhards are.