CRASH COURSE COMPUTER SCIENCE

Oh boy! They did it again!
Guess what. A new Crash Course series has been announced and... THEY HOSTED AN IDEOLOGUE AGAIN

Remember what happened last time with human geography? It is time for a fucking sequel! The host is fat, female and a feminist activist. The perfect formula for KEK.

Post predictions here. Everyone, specially CS fags, welcome.

My predictions:

>No mention of the names of anyone who invented the technologies she will talk about, as they are all FUCKING WHITE MALES
>Constant repetition of the few female scientists who have worked in the field
>Constant feel good girl power shit as in her original video series

And what do you say. Will this one get cancelled too? I don't know but there is one thing I do know:

I can't wait to be reminded about how I am a fucking white male again!

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=UvaRcDvGPck
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_materialism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what are you even going on about brainlet?

Crash course COMPUTER SCIENCE motherfucker.

Discuss it. This is the official thread.

The crazy bitch they had on the other time that op is referring to basically said "Europe didn't become rich because they had acess to good resources, (because that would be racist) instead it must have been due to their imperialistic culture"

yep I predict 75% of the vids are going to be videos that plebbits and normies will masturbate to.

I think she'll paraphrase that guy on the big think that said something like "AI won't tend to be aggressive because its intelligent because we know of non aggressive intelligence, women."

Believe
Web dev == computer science.

is that way /pol/

Nah, this is definitely Veeky Forums stuff. Why would I post this in /g/ - Consumer technology

GRACE HOPPER

>women talking about computer science
>"Computers are not, I repeat, not magical"

Typical women trying to steal my wizardry powers away.
I didn't wait 30 years to become a wizard for nothing!

These tend to coincide with the AP classes of the same name

AP computer science itself is almost as cancerous as John Greene cuck antics

delete this

link that shit OP

when did computer science lose its status as a discipline of mathematics

now if you study type theory or any actual computer science you have to call yourself a mathematician to not be ostracized by the new CS community that hates smart people AND the mathematics community that hates CS people

She's right though. Although I would say it made some European empires richer, not all.

>when did computer science lose its status as a discipline of mathematics
When people realized they could use it to make money, triggering an influx of normies, brainlets, and pseuds.

That user didn't phrase that correctly. The original video is down but this YouTube critism of it has the video in full.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=UvaRcDvGPck

The gist is that she completely misrepresents the implications of environmental determism accusing it of racism when the theory itself states that all races are equal and differences in success and progress is simply because some had more advantageous environments.

>Remember what happened last time with human geography
No, I stopped watching that shit after psychology. I used to like vlog brothers, until they made this media empire sort of thing. Can you fill me in?

They bring in some leftist ideologue (who happened to be a woman. Pure coincidence ;^D) to teach a class of human geography. She starts by talking about how environmental determinism is unscientific and racist, by completely misunderstanding the theory and slandering all the FUCKING DISGUSTING WHITE MALES who invented and use it to this day.

She is able to put up a second episode but since episode one she was getting a huge backlash from everyone who was not also a leftist ideologue who thought everything is racist, everything is sexist, everything is homophobic, etc. Then her show gets cancelled, a first for this channel, after the second episode and shortly after John releases a video where the best part is that he says literally that from now on they will start to more carefully examine scripts and start rejecting ones that don't fit the educational tone they are looking for.

Basically, now CC will take twice as longer to release new series because they now have a process of vetoing scripts, simply because they decided to hire a fucking feminist. So you think they would have learned their lesson:

Lesson 1: No ideologues
Lesson 2: Pick the most neutral person you can find

And then we all moved on, knowing everything was better. But nope. Here comes CC CS with another ideologue (feminist activist) who probably also has an agenda to push. My best guess is also that her script was already accepted by the time John implemented the new veto measures on scripts.

wait why is environmental determinism unscientific and racist
how could you even believe that
what is the agenda here

it's easy to believe something stupid and wrong if it's part of a political agenda. That's what all of American politics is built upon

what i'm asking is why is there even a political agenda associated with environmental determinism

what is there to gain politically if environmental determinism is false?

she was probably too much of a brainlet to realize what environmental determinism means and thought it was a justification for white genetic superiority

There are two sides.

One side is that because of the "decolonize science" crowd, these people are constantly looking for examples for why modern science is racist/sexist so that then they can complain about how sexist our societies are.

Then there is also the fact that the person there was a geographer. A researcher. If she was able to convince a large amount of people that environmental determinism is wrong and racist then she and her theories would rise to prominence and fame.

Tell me again why anybody should care about this?
You don't actually learn anything from these crash course videos; it's literally rapid facts thrown at you at an insane pace so that you can't remember a single solid fact mentioned in the video unless you re-watch it 8 times. Even then you still don't learn anything substantial

What's wrong with people at least having an interest in things? Is any information on their shows actually wrong or misleading? Why would you discourage people from learning?

Damn, that pic brings me back. From enrolling in CS years ago to being a graduate now.

Misinformation is worse than ignorance. Look at the new world you live in.

Because by pushing an agenda they are trying to politicize science in pop culture. We already shit on popsci for being crap, but just fucking wait when these ideologues get their way and instead of popsci articles being titled

>ZOMG LIGO EXPERIMENTS CONFIRM EINSTEIN THEOREM OF QUANTUM COCKS

you will get

>WAS EINSTEIN SEEEXIST????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? THE THEORY OF RELATIVITY SAYS YES

We should all care because none of us want popsci to become even more cancerous.

It is not about the course itself, it is about the host. Who is an ideologue. You should not host political activists in science shows.

For example, say what you want about Bill Nye today but back when he hosted his original show he was just a neutral guy. Now imagine if instead he was a white supremacist pushing for his agenda through a show meant to be about science.

Well, it is the same thing. But instead the host is a female supremacist. not a white one.

None of the content is political.

That's what everyone said about Crash Course Human Geography.

This is a predictions thread. None of their CS classes have come out yet but there is a lot we can expect.

I mean, we already saw what happens when a far left ideologue takes advantage of John and ridiculously pushes an agenda. Now we have the same. A far left ideologue. Will she restrain herself? We don't know. That is why we make predictions

And I say "take advantage" because it is clear that John and Hank are good people. Perfectly rational leftists who believe in equality. But then come along these far left ideologues that take advantage of the fact that John and Hank are soft on left topics. They let themselves be influenced by other leftists. They see a leftist and think: GOOD! Lets make a show! 9/10 times this has worked well like in physics, politics, etc. but that is because in all those cases none of the people were far left ideologues.

Just go back to /pol/

This is a Veeky Forums thread. It is about the politicizatin of science media.

>about the polit..

go back

Please go back to not being in this thread, please. And if you can please go back to not being alive.

What this user said plus
>Why do I need to learn all of this math? I'm just majoring in CS to make video games.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
t. CS graduate

goddammit. I'm so glad I got into the field before the hoards started flooding into it. fucking everybody and their mother is learning how to program now.

Trashbot? Trashbot is that you?

If we're lucky they'll use some normie programming language like Python. In reality they'll probably spend 15 minutes glossing over a bit of HTML and Javascript because "Look, I made a web page!"

They won't discuss data structures, algorithms, optimization, or discrete mathematics in any detail, let alone something that approaches actual computer science like formal languages. Heaven fucking forbid they talk about anything remotely related to the topic of the series.

The only thing that anyone who makes it through to the end will be able to say is that they felt "empowered" by watching it.

he's so OPPRESSED but he got lost on the way to tumblr and wound up here.

She said in the preview video that she will not teach her audience how to program. She will mention core concepts but will not use any language or anythig.

On the contrary, I am sure she will talk about data structures, algorithms, etc. But in a feminist tone.

>Linked list, graphically, are like penises. Which show how male dominated this feel is and this is why we need higher female quotas. Okay, next structure. This is the vagina tree. Perfectly fine. You can see how this tree gives birth to optimization.

Ok,/sci, if CS is for brainlets how about you write a regular expression that matches every prime integer?

also turing was a fag

Easy:

i = input();
if i == primes()
printf("yes");

No that's just because your slow.

ADA LOVELACE

UHH
UHHHHHHHHHHH

BRIANNA WU???

Oh, Ada Lovelace. My favorite feminist hoax.

Crash Course Computer Science #1: Algorithms

What is an algorithm? Well, we need only ask the inventor of algorithms, MISS Ada Lovelace, who said:
Algorithms are like vaginas. Women easily understand them but men are too dumb for them lol

The physics one was quite informative so was the chemistry one.

Both the hosts in those shows were not political activists with an agenda to push. That is why they were not ideological garbage.

>CRASH COURSE COMPUTER SCIENCE

WHERE'S THE LINK YOU FUCKING NIGGER

Literally just google lol

Europe didn't have access to good resources tho. They stole that shit from other places that did. Moreover good resources don't guarantee shit.

>now if you study type theory or any actual computer science you have to call yourself a mathematician to not be ostracized by the new CS community that hates smart people AND the mathematics community that hates CS people
It's the opposite at my university. People turn to CS to avoid being associated with all those plebby "pure math" people whose research is actually in some flavor of applied math or financial math.

>new CS community that hates smart people
yeah goddamn tell me about it. it's the webdevs mostly who are super insecure because they know they are shit

POO!

POO!

POO!

PEE?

To sum it up for anyone who (understandably) doesn't want to get into it, she lumps Jared Diamond in with 19th century white supremacists. She's not even wrong at that point.

I have a friend who took it, he told me it was based on Java. Is that the main problem with AP CS, or is there some other shit going on there?

this girl didnt come off to me asa feminist or anything.
what am i missing?

this isnt sci dude
your clearly making this thread out of the political angle
just go to pol and make this same thread there
they will welcome it believe me.

When I took it I had been programming for years but had to go back and memorize trivia about java.

It's like the SAT which also comes from the same company: the questions are easy but nobody can get a 100% and institutions take the results seriously.

well what am i missing?
Veeky Forums constantly harps on everything they hate and projects these stuff on people who rub them even a bit the wrong way ?
she's a fat(ish) white girl with a british accent.
where is the part implying she is a feminist ?

she looks like a dyke and john greene is famously an sjw

the fact that she's a woman is enough to trigger Veeky Forums

>she's a fat(ish) white girl with a british accent.

Did you even see the preview? Did you look her up? She is a feminist activists. She does talks about gender inequality in STEM and other invented bullshit.

I've never seen a person here complain about the physics girl, and she is even brown. You are fucking retarded, this is not /pol/-

>SJWism is "leftist"
Cringe
Identity politics are transparently class-collaborationist. These fiends would probably call Marx himself racist, sexist homophobic, etc. were he alive today.
>All social life is essentially practical. All mysteries which lead theory to mysticism find their rational solution in social practice, and the comprehension of this practice.

Also historical materialism certainly seems like it would be "problematic" to someone who thinks fucking environmental determinism is racist.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_materialism

Physics girl is my sci waifu

Engineering is not a real science

Your mom is not a real science but no one gives her shit for it.

CS was always codemonkey101

you're talking about CE

Since when did computer engineering lose its status?

grow up

University start to have CS department end up full Cisco network,java EE,Microsoft, oracle db courses, Math class,AI,languages like lisp,prolog or C start to begin ostracized.

Agreed.

Pure Math -> CS here.

I do not relate AT ALL to fellow CS majors.

I love the shit out of type theory and algorithms.