russian

spanish

Obviously latin.

Elvish.

English is obviously god-tier for one simple reason:
James Joyce.

I think icelandic would be

the language my diary is written in

I think no language other than english ever has achieved such a level of perfection as found in the masterful works of Mr. Joyce.

I think people here are forgetting of something important:

Cervantes > Everything

English is the only language that has reached the level of heavenly perfection, as demonstrated by the author of Ulysses.

Cervantes=Ovid=Melville>Everything

I don't know about that. Indeed the last time I LOLed reading was in D. Quixote. But the writing isn't particularly "beautiful." Nor la Commedia, or the Canterbury Tales, or the modern Ulysses, or the Waste Land. I think french is probably the most accessible "beautiful" language, as seen in any of Proust's writings.

If the languages of man were arranged into layers, tiers if you will, it follows that one such tier would contain the language known as English. This tier would surpass all others, bringing it it infinitesimally close to God, naturally being called 'God-tier'. Why does English achieve this high status, where it's location within a tier increases the tier's worth to the highest possible value. Well, that's entirely thanks to the sublimes works of James Joyce.

>Indeed the last time I LOLed reading was in D. Quixote.

French. Fuck you all.

List of all god-tier languages:
>English.
Supporting arguments:
>Joyce.
/thread

Sorry if I trigger you, I admit I tend to forget some people are a bit sensitive

No problem at all, my fellow sir
and may I say, you've been a gentleman in your response, a genuine fine grained gentleman.

Forgive my impertinence on this Hallow's Eve.

Deutsch.

/thread

Ancient Greek, obviously

sumerian u fkng normie

Shakespeare>Dante>Cervantes

Classical Chinese or Spanish.

These

Molière>Shakespeare>Dante>Cervantes

Persian, inarguably.

Italian. Every line is poetry.

Seriously. Spend an hour learning it on duolingo. Even the robot voice is charming when it speaks Italian.

gabagool

>tfw wishing I took my 2 years of latin in hs more seriously

E S P A Ñ O L
S
P
A
Ñ
O
L

this

of course

Portuguese, obv

Hungarian
It's the best language

1st french
2nd english

But french wins

Srsly?

Thuum.

Italian and ancient Greek.

> Never knew before what eternity was made for. It is to give some of us a chance to learn German.

I opened image to loathe its grotesque appearance but found myself automatically imagining the funny things I+d do with the woman

მაი დაირი დესუ

I bpoll sa talamh a bhí cónaí ar hobad. Níor pholl gránna, salach, fliuch é, lán le giotaí de phéisteanna agus le boladh láibe. Níor pholl tirim, lom, gainmheach a bhí ann ach an oiread, gan aon rud ann le n-ithe ná le suí síos air; poll hobaid ab ea é agus is ionann sin agus compord

English as it's the only once I know and because I said so.

Someone needs an exorcism.

中文 obviously

>yfw westerners minds are so small they think written language only needs to denote phonetics

한국어

oh?

日本語 is far superior to chink scribbles and probably the most beautiful language there is.

14 years of it and I can only just about understand

>it's location

What are you saying? I'm guessing you're confused.

"It's" is the possessive form of it
Correct example:
>I gave the dog it's food

Hope I helped.

German
French and Mediterranean languages are fucking disgusting and translation always improves them. Whenever I hear someone speak French I immediately lose all respect for them

No it isn't. Is this bait? Am I falling for bait?

It is. Its a really common grammar mistake, no need to feel bad about it.

retarded isn't a language

>literally just 'chink scribbles' and squiggles

top kek weebshit

German is the cheese of languages. It's stinky and unappealing to plebs, but upon acquiring a taste it becomes layered and immensely flavorsome.

I dunno, but IMO Welsh is most beautiful-sounding.

Prose: Russian.

Poetry: European Portuguese.

Old English or French. All depends on what one is writing.

>მაი დაირი დესუ
is there any good literature in georgian?

lots my friend

肯定的中文

Japanese is so kawaaaiii desu desu aaaa

Everything that's not taken straight from chinese is srubbly-bubbly fluffy-muffy and looks like a bunny aaaaa

This

Чeгo кpacивoгo-тo?! >:[

Icelandic ofc
Because it's basically just a modified version of old Norse

potuguês evidentemente

>Portuguese portuguese
>Brazillian portuguese
Implying there's an actual diffference beyond ten words and an accent.

Yes, it is.

I think, russian poetry too.

That's not a real language.

youtube.com/watch?v=9jtiw721RAg&user=chen1923

Ochen krasiviy yazik, potomuschto mojno pisat i kirilitsey i latinitsey, a vsy ravno poluchaetsya zdorovo, daje esly ty autist ili tyan.

Most beautiful

it's just a bunch of phallus.

>it's just a bunch of phallus.

Pure beauty

How does anyone disagree with this, its the basis for all other great languages.

Yeah, I had to learn that too. The truth is you usually don't even need tones, everything comes out of context. Yes, I made some mistakes, like going to a stranger girl on a street and saying "please kiss" instead "may I ask", or telling one guy, that I don't want to "send him my sister's boobs", instead of "revealing a surprise", but other than that tones usually do not really matter.

Bad.

German.

>Es ist eine große Sprache, klingt immer wie Sie argumentieren in Ihrem Kopf.

Based on the sound alone I would say some of the Romance languages, probably Italian, perhaps Portuguese (the Brazilian kind, in my opinion, is more sonorous, it has more open and broad vowels; the European Portuguese has more a consonant sound, a harsher flavor: it bears a resemblance to Russian).

Now, before one say "lel, monkey language" or "pasta-eaters language or language of mobster-provolones", it is worth remembering that one thing is to listen to educated people and the polite speaking of the language, and other thing to listen to it contorting in the poor-public mouth. English is quite battered in the mouth of hillbillies in the United States, but you would not say that this is the official sound of the language, the sound where the English language shows its greater potential. The same with Spanish.

Latin (in the movies I saw and in classes, where they try to reconstruct the original sound of the language, which is something controversial, since it is at best an approximation) is also wonderful.

But when we come to the uses of the language, the plasticity of the language, I believe that English and German are more interesting because they allow a greater merger of existing terms into neologisms and also an easy transmutation between word classes, such as nouns into verbs. They say the ancient Greek also had this propensity to verbal juggling.

>>inb4 english god tier bc joyce xD

Not Joyce, but Shakespeare

brazilian portuguese, specially shit coming from the realism era

>it is a big speech, argument in your head

>I took a year of german in highschool

I'll have you know I watched the German dub of trigun in year 9

Kek

All these people saying German-- you have the ugliest of all Germanic languages. Dutch can at least be cute on females. Your language sounds like somebody threw a typewriter with stones in the inkwell down metal stairs.

I`m russian and i enjoy reading in both russian and english. I hate how russian sounds in music, but its quite enjoyable to read.

>German - ugliest of all Germanic languages

There's always someone who can't appreciate beauty in its purest form. German isn't beautiful in a cute way, for that you have french, and its not about the fuckability of females, for that you have russian.

German is the language of poets and thinkers, thanks to its adaptive nature. There's not a thing you would not be able to translate into german. Efficiency is beauty.

How is it possible for our whole fucking country to learn the bloody language for 14 years and not be able to speak it

“Leigh anois go cúramach, ar do scrúdpháipéar, na treoracha agus na ceisteanna a ghabhann le Cuid A.”

Please for the love of god switch your keyboard to cyrillic

>Talking Outta Your Ass: The Post

>მაი დაირი დესუ
>"My tambourine desu"
wat.

Being that butthurt that you will never be able to fluently speak this beautiful language.

Gräm dich nicht.

old turkic

lol it's called fuckn something else you ignoramus

magyar nagyon gyönyörü :D
szeretem azt