I NEED HELP IN MATLAB

Please let me know if you are savy in Matlab. I know C, Assembly and Maple TA but I have never touched Matlab. I have a project that I need to do that I can do in real life by hand but I can't understand the syntax in Matlab.

1. Write a program that counts through every permutation of four six sided dice and find the total of
the three highest valued dice.
A.
Calculate the permutations of rolling four six
sided dice
B.
Plot a histogram of the
totals
C.
Calculate the mean and standard deviation of the totals
D.
Plot a histogram of the values for the lowest valued, second lowest, third lowest, and highest value dice

2. Write a program that performs multiple die rolls using a random number generator
Each die must be assigned an integer value between 1 and 6 inclusive, with uniform probability for each value. For
each simulated roll, find the total of the three highest valued dice. Keep a count of the number of times each outcome occurs.
A.
Plot a histogram of the totals when the number of iteration is 10,000
B. Plot a histogram of the totals when the number of iteration is 1,000
C.Plot a histogram of the totals when the number of

anyone know Matlab?

>>/g/

I don't know anything about matlab but I do know an algorithm that will give you every permutation of a given set of elements with a run time of O(n!) (fast as possible).

Pay me.

MATLAB is babby tier, I'm not even /g/

The trick with MATLAB is to break your problem into steps (like what's been done for you here) and the just fucking google what you need to do. For example, for part B, you need to do a histogram. Google "MATLAB histogram" and you get the Mathworks page that tells you how to use hist(X). There, I've basically done your homework for you, if you do actually know C and aren't just lying you can figure it out. Now fuck off

>MATlab

>I know C, Assembly
No, you don't.

It takes a little bit to get acquainted with the functions( and possibly matrix/ vector operations), but if you know other general programming language syntax it's a cake walk.

EZMode: Plot these surfaces and contour maps in MATLAB and label them appropriately using LaTeX ; ex) [eqn]z = f(x,y) = \sin{xy}[/eqn]

If you know C, and Assembly then MATLAB should be really, really easy.

Just find some tutorials on the basics, and you'll be good from there.

Has been helpful in calc III cause ez 3D graphing.
Bored as fuck in library so I'm wasting my time doing this shit

OP is clearly not saying the true. As you said if one knows c and assembly can learn matlab in 2 days.

How do I generate II and V? I'm not using Matlab, I just want to know the formula for those (and any similar looking plots).

>I know C
Then you are good to go.
Matlab is very much like C. The differences are mostly making matlab easier. For example memory allocations are automatic and you dont really need to cast things.

The Syntax is also a bit different eg. "for" construct is a bit weird but if you read the Matlab documentation entry about generating vectors that should be easy to understand.

If you can wirte C learning Matlab is really easy, just experiment a bit and google the stuff you dont understand.

I definitely fucked up in plotting, but

II is [eqn]\sin{xy}[/eqn]
V = [eqn]\frac{x-y}{1+x^2+y^2}[/eqn]

"I know C but need help with MATLAB"

You don't, learn how to program then the language/technology used is irrelevant.

Thanks.

>not using numpy/scipy
Shaking my rattle, family

this. i can understand someone familiar with matlab having trouble with C, but not the other way around.