CS starting salary = 55k

>CS starting salary = 55k
>Maths starting salary = 45k

Why should I not get a bachelor's in CS again?

Other urls found in this thread:

software.ac.uk/blog/2016-10-06-whats-wrong-computer-scientists
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Id rather work on math learning new shit all the time than code some sql database shit for all eternity as some pajeet slowly takes over portions of your shift.

As a career, you'll probably be doing both.

>implying i'll get a job either way

Because narcissists and sociopaths inevitably flocked to and ruined the field of CS, like they do with every field that isn't legitimately difficult but has an air of superiority.

>I looked up "computer scientist" and "mathematician" on pay scale and just assumed that all computer scientists have a computer science undergraduate and all mathematicians have a job title of "Mathematician"

Some pretty dumb assumptions there senpai. Take this for example:
software.ac.uk/blog/2016-10-06-whats-wrong-computer-scientists
>Over the last few years, HESA's study of graduate careers has awarded computer science with the unwelcome honour of the lowest employment rate of all graduates

Up your game.

If you like math you can always selfstudy it as a hobby and get a degree that gives monies. At least that's what I'm doing.

That's not possible. One way or another, something's got to give in your life in time to responsibilities, and it most certainly won't be the thing that feeds you.

It is really that low?

It is possible if you aren't retarded, user.

>animeposter

Nah, you're fucking retarded, believe you me, buddeh. What level of math are you at? Calc 2? XD

I didn't. I looked up
>math bachelors starting pay
>cs bachelors starting pay
Those were the results

Fallacy fallacy, up your game.

>.uk
You mean there isn't a demand for the worlds shittiest programmers?

Where? 55k was the average starting salary for a CS graduate in 2000.

Salaries have stagnated while cost of living has gone up.

I told you: "as a hobby". It's not a race. However if you want to contribute and expand the subject without looking at the salary then sure, go for math degree.
I'm a med student and have been learning math in my spare time. Surely I proritize learning for medschool, but still if you just want to have fun it's doable. Right now I'm 2nd year and I have done analysis I + II, linear + abstract algebra, introduction to logic and I'm currently studying probability so it's about that calc 2 level i guess.

Today
>CS starting salary = 55k
>Maths starting salary = 45k
Tomorrow
>CS salary = 0 - all jobs gone to India
>Maths salary = 65k - all jobs remain here

55k? How? That's insanely low for CS.

>Why should I not get a bachelor's in CS again?

Because people on a Tibetan knitting board will call you a brainlet

>software.ac.uk/blog/2016-10-06-whats-wrong-computer-scientists
In the fucking UK, your source is irrelevant to the US of A.

>C programming class
>given a program to write
>supposed to be done over the 1.25 hour class
>finish in 20min
>spend my time helping other people with their code
>Made sure professor was ok with it first
>I'm an idiot so can't get an A in the class because of vocabulary, but can code like no one else I know

Should I try my luck in programming? Junior level course btw

math grads have way more potential in CS than CS grads do. most CS programs are just vocational programs. unless you go to a really good school, don't major in CS.

>i have been learning math
i think you've been doing a lot more "reading about the general conclusions from math" than actually being able to apply that math for yourself. you'd fail an exam, i bet you couldn't even do the practice problems.

because it's the principle of the matter
you don't want to stoop to those faggy lows so you make 10k less a year and deal with it

Maths mid-career salary > CS mid-career salary
Maths background -> CS: Godlike
CS background -> Maths: Barely even possible

>CS
>superior
But for real, those silicon valley cunts are unbearable.

Nice Kouvola pic

Don't bring that up here.

career advice threads are forbidden per the sticky

delete the thread and drink bleach

janny/mod do your jobs pls