The US election has me wondering. Are we all living inside of a Thomas Pynchon novel?

The US election has me wondering. Are we all living inside of a Thomas Pynchon novel?

Other urls found in this thread:

bewilderingstories.com/issue582/without_sky.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't fucking know

probably

I'd dig it. You should write it.

We're living in a surreal co-op novel authored by Gibson, Pynchon, Orwell and Huxley. Perhaps a splash of Murakami to tie them all together. please send help.

>all shit authors but Pynchon
Ya, that makes sense.

Last year, I wished I lived in more interesting times. This year, I realized I do, and I just live a boring, pointless life.

Pynchon mounted the godhead about thirty years ago.

iktf bruv

America in 2016 is like the lamest imaginable cyberpunk dystopia

Yeah, Pynchon is far more intricate and strange.

life is not as interesting as art. In fact its ind of overrted and crap. But this comes close.

We're living in a fucking Philip Roth novel IMO.

NeoRussia is as close as you can get to hysterical spectacle meme utopia/dystopia. The whole post-soviet sphere seems like an edgy Borat remake coauthored by Pynchon and PKD.

Sounds cool. Where can I learn about this?

The Sillicon Valley elite takes accelerationism really seriously. In a way, their culture is a bizarre outgrow of the worst aspects of the 60s counterculture combined with neoliberal PolEcon and naive McLuhanism. There's some really weird stuff going on guru figures, floating island proyects, cryogenics, life extension and messianic spirituality. Cranks like Elizer Yudkowsky, Ray Kurzweil or Moldbug's Nrxers have their own cult followings including some top executives. Peter Thiel literally drinks $50k of human blood a year as a means to preserve his youth. I wouldn't be surprised if google decided to bring in Nick Land from Shanghai and hire him as 'Director of Innovation' or something.

the eXile did some pretty good journalism about russia in the late 90s, early 00s

Which one? I don't really see it. The Human Stain?

Such bullcrap

>Nick Land working for the group most likely to spearhead the malevolent AI he writes of

spooky as fuck

write me a bigger penis pls.

Vladislav Surkov is one of the Kremlin's top spooks. mom was a Russian, dad, a Chechen, he was an avant garde playwright back in the 1980s, before going into the PR business and working for gangsters and oligarchs, still likes to namedrop Guy Debord. Some say he had a part in shaping Russia's current spectacular order, incorporating ideas from avant garde theater into politics. He was the mastermind behind the creation of Nashi (putler youth) and loots of astro turf political parties and organizations. I don't have an idea of how influential Surkov really is, obviously he's a magnet for the paranoid fantasies of neocon think tanks and it also seems like he's been deliberately trying to make himself into a meme.

He is also a writer. Surkov apparently wrote a bestselling novel, Almost Zero, under the assumed name of Natan Dubovitsky. The preface is by Surkov, while 'Dubovitsky' is the male form of her wife's last name. It's a satirical pomo-ish novel, I guess loosely autobiographical, about a young man who grows up in a decadent USSR and becomes disillusioned with everything, before going into the PR business. It's a satire of the system he helped create.

He also wrote a sci-fi story, which some have tried to connect with the theories of non linear war or 4th gen warfare. dude's meta as fuck

bewilderingstories.com/issue582/without_sky.html

google disinfo bot pls

What's a good jumping off novel with him?

Is your criteria for shit author "wrote a well-known dystopian novel"?

I thought we were years ago when the only person to be prosecuted due to the 08 crisis is a Jew running a ponzi scheme named Madoff

madoff is a true american hero. he conned the oligarchy and then got blamed for the financial crisis he was victimized by while all those goldman sachs execs roam free. #freebernie

COL49

so things go

I'm eagerly awaiting 2070 to see how lame we can make science fiction