Is this worth reading?

Is this worth reading?

I'm not /pol/ and have no fascist sympathies. I just thought it might be valuable to read for the purposes of understanding Hitler.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rd7LcaXZzUs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes. Skim it though, there's no discernible talent

Only cool for historical purposes but Hitler was a fag so you should read it with about 4 levels of comical irony. He dared to mess with the anglo sphere and got rekt.

Not really, it's a rambling, turgid mess, which is not surprised because it was dictated...

Its rather redundant since it wasn't even influencial among Nazis

It is a historical curiosity, and not necessarily "worth reading" in a general sense, least of all as literature in-itself.

I do intend to read it at some point (I haven't), and I have a personal copy, but my personal understanding is that it really actually is a turgid (the other user used a good word) autistic exercise. I have heard anecdotes that German officers who were gifted with the book had a private dread about being expected to actually read it because they privately understood it to be a chore, and poor literature, although I can't substantiate these just now (look for this idea that I've just suggested).

Flipping through my Ralph Manheim English, reading the clauses and bits for themselves, actually does seem to bear out the understanding of Mein Kampf as a piece of unenjoyable chore-lit. One must take into account the possibly unsympathetic efforts of any translator (pol lit and his all hit on this while actually discussing the text).

To put it in Veeky Forums's terms, the prose seems quite spergy, and alert.

It's okay.Its interesting in the respect that it's a insight into the mind of someone who rises through the ranks.Theres also some sections where he talks about his conflicting feelings.i would only recommend if you have nothing on your to read list

If you can't read German i'd suggest the Stalag Edition.

is the comunist manifesto worth reading?

read my twisted world it's better

It's aright, nothing great. Best parts are on propaganda. Read his Collections of Speeches (google it, great PDF can be found) and his Table Talks instead.
Also check bytwerk for interesting NS material.

I found it difficult to get through because of how retarded Hitler was and how shit he was at writing.

Not worth reading. Fascism for the Million by Oswald Mosley is better as his understanding of fascism is leagues ahead of that angry manlet who was butthurt about WW1.

It's alright, but according to possibly the best Hitler historian, it wasn't really his work.

Read Irving's "Hitler's War" and "The War Path" (there's a version that comes with both) instead.

mosley was a beady eyed goofy motherfucker

check em

njhv

It's true that he was a BEADY ETERNAL ANGLO but his books are still far easier to read that Mein Kampf. This is mainly due to the fact that he was actually writing about Fascism and why he believed it to be the best course for Britain rather than rambling for a few hundred pages.

Someone posted a while ago excerpts from a friend of Hitler's, before he was powerful, of his habits, his personality, his sayings, etc. It was veraciously interèsting

>David Irving replies:
>I have dipped into Mein Kampf but never read it: it was written only partly by Hitler, and that is the problem. More important are Hitlers Zweites Buch, (1928) which he wrote in his own hand; and Hitler's Table Talk, daily memoranda which first Heinrich Heim (Martin Bormann's adjutant, whom I interviewed) and then Henry Picker wrote down at his table side, and the similar table talks recorded by Werner Koeppen (which I was the first to exploit, in Hitler's War). Totally worthless as a source is the book Conversations with Hitler by a former Danzig Senator, Hermann Rauschning; he as an anti-Nazi, and met Hitler only once, as internal NS inquiries established, at a formal cocktail party. It was wartime propaganda, published by the same firm who published Fritz Thyssen's bogus memoirs I Paid Hitler.

well guess who fucked europe's shit up and is still worshiped as a messiah and who became a joke after the war

youtube.com/watch?v=rd7LcaXZzUs

>who became a joke after the war
That's because fascism IS a joke

>is still worshiped as a messiah
By retards on /pol/ and /r9k/ who blame their laziness and relationship status on jews and women.

I'm far from an SJW or liberal but if you actually believe that Hitler was anything other than a neurotic manlet and utterly incompetent leader then you need to hang yourself.

I'd actually have a bit of respect for Hitler if he was actually a good military leader but he just wasn't. His generals did all the work and then after he took control over the full military it all went to shit immediately. The man was a moron, literally nothing about him should be worshiped.

do want

>That's because fascism IS a joke
>haha so funny, it's killing me

Good luck with that, the far right is growing very fast in the West right now.

How the fuck was he short? That's like somebody from 2216 saying Obama is short because the average height is 6'5 in 2216.

The far right != Fascism

Winston Churchill was 5'6 and he is frequently mocked for being a short fat guy. Plenty of cartoons at the time showed him as a dumpy little man too.

Hitler was only an inch taller at 5'7, this is the accurate height because it appears in his prison documents rather than the neo nazis grasping at straws saying he was like 5'10

>the far right is growing very fast in the West right now.

HHAHHAHsurely you haven't tuned in into the apolitical political climate of foggy weirdshit limbo. it's not right or left more like an ingrown fingernail on a nose whispering pus and cherries

The far right means open capitalism, you idiot.

You can be a far-left fascist.

That's why political compasses have two dimensions - economic policy and state power.

Seems average for the time.

>The far right means open capitalism, you idiot.
>You can be a far-left fascist.

makes you think

was it kubizek

it's on the internet archive if anyone cares

yes : well written, one of the most influential books of modern history, less than 100 pages (wont take too long to read) and more understanding of communist idea can't harm you

>if you actually believe that Hitler was anything other than a neurotic manlet and utterly incompetent leader
he was a talented orator and utterly ruthless

it's the same syndrome as napoleon, great before he got power and terrible after he got it

100% anglo propaganda

>That's like somebody from 2216 saying Obama is short because the average height is 6'5 in 2216.
so if hitler or napoleon tried to lead people today they'd be ignored as manlets, but if they tried to lead people in the past they wouldn't be manlets because they'd be average height?

Exactly.

so you'd rather have an utterly mediocre lanklet lead you than napoleon, caesar or alexander?

It doesn't matter what I think, any chance manlets had in politics ended the moment women got the vote. Women are the majority of the population and no woman is going to vote for a manlet regardless of what he does and .

and says*

>implying anyone voted for napoleon, caesar or alexander
also women loved hitler

because they weren't short for their time, that's the entire point you nignog.

Das it

no one voted for them because they were autocrats

also they were short compared to their contemporaries (french elite, gauls, alexander's aide)

this.
reading this book is an absolute waste of time, you'd be better off reading hitler's wikipedia article honestly.

Well it doesn't senpai.

There are many far-right groups that are not fascist, and even fuck over fascism once they get into power.

Well they were taken seriously in the first place. Nowadays guys their height wouldn't be promoted past lieutenant.

Napy was a commoner, Caesar didn't live with Gauls and Alexander inherited his position.

>Well they were taken seriously in the first place. Nowadays guys their height wouldn't be promoted past lieutenant.
yeah and that's retarded

yes, like the bible its worth reading simply to know what its about. its one of those books that gets name dropped a lot but you can't really get the content by osmosis