Veeky Forums doesn't lift

>Veeky Forums doesn't lift
>/v/ hates video games
>Veeky Forums has 20 people who cook and the rest are fatass niggas who eat fast food

Does Veeky Forums read?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QbdkJ6cL4Aw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no chance

Veeky Forums cooks, it just gets drowned out by the shit posts.

And yes we read. What's some of your favourites OP?

I resend to be well-read so I can act superior in a Tuvan throat singing forum.

Honestly? I just got out of prison like 3 months ago. I hadn't read before prison. Some of the books I read was
For Whom the Bell Tolls
A Farewell to Arms
Catch 22
The Great Gatsby
Cell
Half of East of Eden
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Black Hawk Down
Animal Farm
The Giver

Out of all those For Whom the Bell tolls was my favorite.

I would really love some recommendations. I'm on house arrest and have all the time in the world to read. IDC about genre or anything.

Yes, just that i hate what i read. -_-'

Pleb, you should go back to prison and rejoin the other niggers

>goes to prison
>doesn't read Proust
Irredeemable.

These notions are commonly held but the truth is Veeky Forums does lift. Problem is once you really start to lift and accumulate lifting knowledge and only go back to shitpost. Same thing on Veeky Forums for the most part

You're joking but ı wish there actually was a Tuvan throat singing forum. Hőmej is amazing: youtube.com/watch?v=QbdkJ6cL4Aw

>goes to prison
>doesn't read "the consolation of philosophy"

literally the most known example of prison literature

I don't. I just have this list of books I want to obtain and then read when I have the money.

we don't want him

This, it seems so difficult for some people to understand that people just want to shoot the shit with others that share the same interests.

On a different note: today i randomly recalled how clueless a lot of people on Veeky Forums were. I remember a shit ton of people cringing and crying out at some guy arching his back during bench.

Fit is mostly clueless. /Owg/ is basically dead but it's decent. Same with /plg/... Outside of that it's basically r9k

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

I write anime

>this shit
>on Veeky Forums
Go kill yourself

If you liked the Giver, try out some other young audience books. I just finished Stand Tall and thought it was pretty great.

To be honest, I don't even know how to read

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my best to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Could you share a prison anecdote?

Anyway, I read A Farewell T A and The Sun Also Rises by Hemingway and I thought that the latter was way better than the former. So maybe that might be something for you. It's about a group of WW1-generation friends going on an alcoholic vacation to a bullfighting town in Spain.

Yeah man, I read audiobooks every day.

I've read a couple dozen books this year, but most of them aren't the type of books that get discussed on Veeky Forums so I mostly come here to shitpost. I haven't read a lot of "meme" literature for a while so I've kind of wandered off into dark and uncharted book territory as far as Veeky Forums is concerned ;_;

>fatass niggas

I'm sure you say "nigga" all the time to those black friends of yours, but is your mother not a little disappointed?

Veeky Forums doesn't know what a theme is. Couldn't even identify one from their favorite book.

Every night before going to sleep and every day when on public transportation.

Did you get raped?

you need to go back and reconsider joining civilized society when you're more well-read than the average pretentious 15 year old.

Shut the fuck up

>Does Veeky Forums read?
Some of Veeky Forums, yeah. Don't know if I'd go so far as to say the majority of it reads 25+ books a year (itself not a high number), but if I had to guess I would say that's probably true.

>lit
>reading

Well there's a reason I'm asking for recommendations

The only crazy thing I ever saw in prison was a 18 year old who had just arrived for his participation in an armed robbery that left a child dead and his mother paralyzed and a couple guards set him up to get the shit kicked out of him. He was also penetrated with a broom handle. prison was really fucking boring. It isn't the gangrape fest people think it is.

After 2 years in max I was sent to medium for another year and spent my last 2 years in minimum security prison. I did most of my reading there.

To add to this, the 40 days I spent in juvenile as a kid and the year I spent in county jail awaiting trial were much more intense.

was it very bad? I consider doing something wrong to get to prison where i will have all time to read books for a sweet govermnent money. I dont want to work so much, i could kill myself otherwise

It could be. All depends really. By the time I arrived I had been I'm and out of jail for most of my life. I was used to it and knew how to act in there.
I can imagine its hell for some folk.

What were you in prison for? If you don't mind me asking.

Drug/weapon offenses

Were there any comfy cell mates where you could talk philosophy with?

Do you plan on getting caught again so you can have more free reading time?

I had about 20 different cellmates. Most of them were cool most were in there for the same reasons I was.
The first cellmate I had in prison was a creeper and I fought with him 3 days in and got placed in solitary
In county the cell was a big room with 15 bunk beds and those dudes were no joke I got into a fight with every bunk mate over who got the bottom bunk and what not. None of those assholes were cool.

No. I'm a reformed man. Which is why I'm posting on Veeky Forums

Crime and Punishment
Don Quijote
:^)