Logic vs Creativity

Both are the definition of intelligence, but which is much harder ?

Cring, meant more important for a researcher.

Objective thought>subjective emotion

False dichotomy

*tips fedora*

They aren't two parts, much less opposing. There is creativity in logic and logic in creativity. Logic, by it's nature is pretty well defined but creativity is vague as fuck; am I creative if I train myself to think from round about and unconventional perspectives to achieve a goal or perhaps to appear as though I was artful and creating something from nothing?

Prove me wrong.
oh wait you can't without your objective thought

Logic - applying mechanical rules
Creativity - Using rules in non-obvious ways

Physics and mathematics are extremely creative.

Lawyers,artist,musics are extremely logic.

Not the fella you're disagreeing with, but I do think it's worth it for you to note that creativity doesn't always center around emotion. Creativity is a broad word that covers everything from artistic ability to being able to generate novel solutions to problems. Any activity that doesn't require rote memorization will likely involve creativity on some level.

This is true in the scientific world as well. How do you think people come up with testable hypotheses, or improve upon previous experiments?

Without some sort of universally accepted scale of value, it's impossible to say which is better or more important. Especially in an objective, quantifiable manner. In saying one is better than the other without a quantitative reason behind it, you're guilty of thinking with unhinged emotion as well.

explain this to me like im an 8 year old

Make a compelling argument using ethos.
Oh wait, you can't without emotion.

both are worthless without the other.
creative but no logic -> psychotic
logical but no creativity -> autistic
creative and logical -> normal
really creative and logical -> artistic
creative and really logical -> technical
really creative and really logical -> elite

really creative and no logic -> idea guy
really logical and no creativity -> computer

>compelling
>using ethos
mutually exclusive

Unless you're talking about art or some other irrelevant field which has no effect on real-life in any meaningful way.

Logic is merely following the rules of the game, creativity is much harder, you can't define creativity, logic is well defined.

>It's harder because you can do anything and it still counts

logic = convergent thinking
creativity = divergent thinking

Definitely discovered.

1+1 will always equal 2.

If you're talking about coming up with ideas and having insight then I tend to think that creativity is more important. But you need to have both.

The people who really revolutionized how we think (Einstein, Grothendieck, etc.) were usually the most creative among their peers but they were not always the best at technical/logical reasoning.

2 isn't a thing in binary.

I hate people who unironically use that picture and others like it.

>i'm creative minded
is doublespeak for
>i'm a taker who thinks putting in real work into a field that will improve my situation is stupid when i can just steal from other people

But it's not always about emotion.

Some times you just don't what it's better or more correct, so you appeal to a different criteria, if you like to pretend that you can respond everything with objectivity, the one that's clinging to an emotion and not facts it's you.

this

Being "creative" is an euphemism for "I'm stupid but I don't want to accept it". Really intelligent people are both creative and logical.

>but which is much harder ?
logic can be much harder as the problem you're solving isnt going to make it any easier just because you want it to.

meanwhile with any type of creative task, there can be more than one good design that works and thats all people will ask for really.

It's subjective.

>Logic vs Creativity
Without creativity there is no inspiration or goal; and without this, we have no reason for logic.
Creativity seems to be original: I don't want to be a mindless follower.

>autism