Will it ever be topped?

will it ever be topped?

Maybe. But it's hard to imagine.

underworld came out the year after. I do like the jest1000 a lot (even though oblivion had better shit (haven't read the pale king yet though ))

I'll top your faggot ass

DFW already topped himself senpai

This. Also, pleasing digits.

Pale King was better.

60 years prior

Yes, it will be topped. I just haven't finished it yet

What's this book about? Seems like it was written by a memester

I'm not memeing when I say that his prose is irredeemable. His book reads like a more mature John Green novel.

You aren't memeing but you're a hopeless, tasteless plebshit

The main appeal of the book is DFW's insights into the modern world. This doesn't make for an enjoyable thousand page read when his prose is stale.

It took TWELVE years to make!

>people put this shit on the same level as Ulysses
It's a fun book, but it's not a masterpiece

>people
Literally who? I don't think anyone is doing that...

It just has been

when will this meme die

It's better than Ulysses

sorry wanted to reply to

And the amount of effort put in makes it good? The movie Boyhood took 12 years to make and it ended up being a fucking terrible film.

You can push out the most enormous shit you've ever taken for as long as it takes, but it's still shit and nobody's gonna be that proud that you defecated.

Has anyone read "Every love story is a ghost story" by DT Marx?

Its made me reassess IJ somewhat. Turns out its nearly all autobigraphical and some things that seem like they mean something really mean that he was angry with his mother (this is literally true btw).

He was more desperate and extremely articulate than having any real insight I suspect.

There is better writing in The Pale King. But I think he really shines as an essayist actually.