The most intelligent Scientist

The most intelligent Scientist
The most intelligent Mathematician
The most intelligent Engineer
The most intelligent Doctor
and The most intelligent Lawyer

Among these people, who is THE most intelligent?

They're all intelligent in their own fields
dipshit

this is how doctors think to cope with being the least intelligent intelligenters.

Its basically blue collar work with a PhD

>lawyer

euler so math

Depends on your definition of intelligence. Flexibility would probably highest in maths and jura sholars, where aß problem solving skills would be generally higher in science and engeneering

none

None because a "most intelligent" person in a field doesn't exist.

if the most intelligent person ever is mainly let's say a mathematician, but is at least a little bit active in every field, does he also count as the most intelligent doctor, lawyer, scientist and engineer?

Actually, the most intelligent person ever is a bum, because at a certain level of intelligence, you are too intelligent to get a job.

this im basically a bum because im TOO intelligent

they dont GET me like you do

The Scientist probably - Scientist is an umbrella term unrestricted by genre.

all of these people are morons compared to the most intelligent shitposter, which is myself

the most intelligent in all of those fields will be extremely influential, definitely in history books, and at that point, it'd be a wash to try to compare their cognitive abilities

They are all the same person, and that person is me
:^)

>who is THE most intelligent?

Trump:

>YOU KNOW WHAT URANIUM IS, RIGHT? IT'S A THING CALLED NUCLEAR WEAPONS AND OTHER THINGS. LIKE LOTS OF THINGS ARE DONE WITH URANIUM, INCLUDING SOME BAD THINGS.

THE BEST WORDS

Intelligence at that level probably means very little, but I'd favour the areas that require the most logical thought.

>Scientist
A top physicist or CS stand a fair chance.
>Mathematician
Probably my top choice.
>Engineer
I'm really not sure how intelligent they get. From what I've observed, people beyond a certain level of intelligence just don't become engineers.
>Doctor
How heavily is memorization weighted when measuring intelligence?
>Lawyer
It's difficult to guess, since their use of logic is entirely informal. The majors with the highest LSAT scores are philosophy, math, and physics, for what it's worth. If nothing else, lawyer beats doctor.

Coming from a chemist:

The doctor because he was smart enough to study something that would get him a real job.

I would say the most intelligent doctor is probably smarter than the most intelligent lawyer. However, I would say the average lawyer is more intelligent than the average doctor.

I agree with you mostly, but I'm not sure about engineering.
>I'm really not sure how intelligent they get. From what I've observed, people beyond a certain level of intelligence just don't become engineers.
It seems like lot of good scientists got engineering talent. See for example Feynman.
Also engineers seem to be good at interdisciplinary stuff and they go on and make contributions to the theory behind what they're trying to achieve in practice be it math or physics.
For example Paul Dirac originally had an EE degree.
Rudolf Kálmán - EE.
John Bardeen - EE - won the Nobel prize twice and also did his PhD in physics.
2014 Nobel winners in physics were engineers.

I'm pretty sure engineering (or at least engineering aptitude) can be a good start/sign, especially for people who have broad interests and are capable of understanding things from practice to theory. Usually these guys are the ones making larger contributions because they can "see it all".

Many very talented and competent people are also more than one of these.
So I would say Mathematician, Scientist, Engineer are the best bets, however he or she could easily have overlapping titles.
For example Heaviside was a self-taught mathematician and EE.
Apart from this many areas need different skillsets and thinking, for example an EE with a PhD in Math focusing on control theory and dynamical systems will do things differently than a math genius working in pure math. Even if both "invents" something new in Math.

It would be a lot better to define a set which has the majority of extremely intelligent people, not just one.

von neumann got a chemical engineering degree iirc

True, but as far as I know he choose it because he could get a job that way.

I wanted to make examples where engineers contributed to the science backing their field or they contributed in a heavily scientific, mathematical fashion to (the foundations of) their fields instead of the very stereotypical other way around - "scientist schools plebian engineers meme".

I think that it really doesn't matter for intelligent people whether they go from engineering->science or science->engineering or more precisely how they ended up doing interdisciplinary work.

However many famous people were able to do both at some level which imho is a sign of broad understanding and having the ability to work on all levels of abstraction and understanding the differences. In other words having the ability to solve problems by providing a practical solution (engineering) using theory (science/math) is an indication of an innate ability to model reality then "play" with the model and turn it back into a real systems. This trait/ability is required for many fields and contributions and a lot less for others.
For example a pure mathematician would be probably absent from this criteria meanwhile this would help a physicist (or engineer) comprehend the universe better (or allow the engineer to create a theory on how to model an extremely complex system or properly describe corner cases).

It's basically a sign of extremely good abstraction skills and comprehension on a broad range.

Where's the entrepreneur, philosopher, strategist, artist and politician on this?

Probably the mathematician since his field has the highest levels of abstraction

I can tell you right now the best engineer is the one that knows their shit when it comes to science. It's very possible to have engineering knowledge and just not understand the underlying material

>top CS

The engineer and doctor both know science and the law. The engineer and scientist both know math.

The ranking is Engineer, Doctor, Scientist, Laywer, Mathematician

>smart enough to get a real job
>not smart enough to make enough money through investment funds to not need a job

lawyer because they can manipulate the masses REEEE

the philosopher

Mathematician>lawyer>scientist>engineer>physician

Though they ignore the subjective implications of sentient reflection, mathemeticians have an intimate relationship with knowledge itself but are autistic in pretty much every other regard.

Lawyers must understand reality on a technical and spiritual level to systematically manipulate genuinely smart people; they have no bias as they must accept what they skeptically reason to be true in order to better manipulate it according to their needs.

Scientists still think that if you can't observationally experiment on it than there's nothing to talk about, but at least they try to put aside a bias if they feel it's been well tested against.

Engineers only focus on what's practical technologically, but at least they're training gives them a mathematical mindset. They're sharper than scientists but uninterested in studying anything unrelated to technology.

Physician don't even know that knowledge exists outside of what's pharmaceutically tested. Despite being clinical biologists they still think evolution is a conspiracy theory.

Gauß
Gauß
Dont know anyone
Dont know anyone
Dont know anyone

Gauß

It's their importance to survival that is relevant.
1) Doctor
2) Engineer
Scientist and Mathematician might come in handy for grunt work.
Nah, no use for the Lawyer. What do you do when a lawyer is drowning?

Me
Me
Me
Me
Me

I'd go with engineer