What was there before the big bang?

what was there before the big bang?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zO2vfYNaIbk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_composition
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We don't know. We're not even sure the Big Bang happened.

Can something befor t he big bang occur or exist under a causal independance?

Tom Bombadil

> before the big bang

IF there was a big bang, it seems there must have been something or else "nothing = something" and "no = yes." For children and females, I cannot accept this.
I suppose the universe must have existed in a single point 0x0x0 units; and either randomly blew up or consciously blew up.

>before
If the universe was created at the big bang, that includes time. So the notion of "before" is irrelevant.

I series of little bangs to warm up.

THE WHOLE UNIVERSE WAS IN A DARK DENSE STATE

the previous universe was just one huge black hole which had sucked up every last bit of matter left in that universe over trillions of years.
when it consumed the last subatomic particle (which was quickly drawn to it without the gravitational influence of any other object in the universe) something happened.
there was only one 'object' in the universe, with nothing else existing separately to that huge black hole, time ceased to exist, the giant black hole released all its hawking radiation immediately (the big bang).
no one knows how many times it has repeated, or if it the exact same every time.

A supercomputer waiting to load program.

Nothing science can ever prove. We'll all be dead before we can discover even 10% of what is out there.

Universe was probably someone's cum shot.

>before
>big bang
literally speaking jibberish

it's like when people say the phrase "faster than light", completely meaningless string of words

the BBC ready to pound your wifes pussy.

>le nothing is faster than light meme

Neandrathals

>le contrarian meme meme
nice, retard

more brainlets by the day, don't even know basic physics

This is what I think as well, and it's just an infinite loop with humanity trying to answer this mundane question each time. I actually saw this on my ego death trip while on ALD-52. This was just a computer simulation, and it repeats over and over again for no reason. All of this doesn't matter.

Everything was condensed to a singular infinitely small, infinitely dense point.

The forces weren't together? Can you imagine time and gravity having an argument before the big bang?
>I wanna get out, fuck you
>No, you gotta stay, right here, baby

If nothing is faster than the speed of light, how did the dark get there first?

Checkmate

A possible answer is this:

Space and time are not two separate things. They are one thing, spacetime. Because the Big Bang created space, it also created time. So if you're asking what happened before the Big Bang, it's just the wrong question to be asking, because time did not exist before the Big Bang. The Big Bang was the beginning of both space and time.

Though other cosmologists may say that the universe is eternal, which keeps this question open.

Anything further than about 15 bn ly from earth is receding from us faster than light.
Stuff at the edge of the observable universe is receding at 3x the speed of light.

lrn2read wikipedia

>receding from us faster than light
why does everyone become dense just for the sake of playing devil's advocate

faster than light is a meaningless string of words in the context of special relativity, which is 99% of the time what people intend when they say "faster than light" but obviously if we're talking about spacetime moving faster than the speed of light RELATIVE to some other location aka general relativity then its aight

what's north of the north pole

Which way is up in space?

>Before
>Before time
Your sentence has no meaning.
It is exactly same as asking: what is before -infinity or what is after +infinity.
The answer is NOT: nothing.
The only answer is: your question is flawed.

the small bang

At this point I'm seriously convinced that we can't trust meassurements of far away places in the universe made from inside of our solar system.

Given that gravity can distort light, we may be unable to take into consideration the distortion created by the Sun's influence, maybe the universe ain't really expanding and we just think it is because of our frame of reference.

youtube.com/watch?v=zO2vfYNaIbk

The Big Foreplay.

What caused the big bang?

ur fucking dead m8

Like your sex life then. But it guess it would have to have actually existed before, though.

im not that user but that question is also flawed
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_composition

you're making assumptions about the universe as a whole based on the parts you conceive

Cancer.
Only cancer.
We are close to another Univeral Implosion.

Rekt!

I think that brings up an even bigger question.

If something exists and no living conscious life form is around to observe it; does it still exist?

Hush up, Pterry, you ded

I like this theory myself

Stop using infinity so loosely. Explain how you would get an infinitely dense point. You could only compress matter so much

The universal singularity