Has anyone ever actually been able to answer this properly without resorting to memes or pseudoscience

has anyone ever actually been able to answer this properly without resorting to memes or pseudoscience

I know nothing about science, but I feel like the sun made of lava would slowly go through the sun of ice and melt it, and any water that gravitated toward the sun would just evaporate, and then any water that didn't would freeze or something. I don't know.

fog?

No because the question isn't asked properly so fuck off with the b8

Oh this time you removed the temperatures. But you still think there is lava in the sun. kys.

also no asinine comments about the semantics of the question

just give a straight up answer

Technically the question doesn't imply that our sun is made of lava.

Is this the oldest bait/meme on Veeky Forums? I remember it predating even EK and her multiple personalities.

So what you're really asking is "what would happen if a large amount of ice hit a large amount of lava"? I guess the lava would turn to stone and the water would evaporate.

if by sun you mean an object massive enough to have nuclear fusion happen, then a sun made of ice would be impossible, likewise a sun made of lava is impossible, a conventional 'sun' could be seen as having some of its mass in the form of lava at certain stages of its life, (heavy element production)..
anyhow, if two objects of a suns mass collided they would fuse or rip each other apart depending on the trajectories and masses i.e. forces. any collision or ripping apart of would certainly generate enough friction heat to melt the ice 'sun'. how fast this heating would be and how internal pressures would impact the trajectory on the final stages on the impact would need to be calculated, i feel it is plausible that an explosive expansion would rip apart the ice sun just before impact, but this is all flawed speculation as i'm mixing properties of two objects of different sizes, an ice planet and a sun.
after the collision if the forces rip apart the 'wreck' both bodies would more or less keep their original matter. If the collision resulted in one big sun then the added mass would make the resulting sun burn hotter than either original on its own.

It can't be made out of lava, it would be made out of magma you fucking brainlet

It would become w water sun obviously. Seriously I knew this shit when I was like 5.

yes

The hot stuff isn't underground therefore it's lava.

What is a sun?
How it can be of ice?
How it can be of lava?

/thread

both would collapse into blackholes the instant they came into existence before even colliding, and the resulting black holes would merge with each other forming a single, larger black hole

Explosions. When in doubt its always explosions. Fucking retards questioning the questions instead. Veeky Forums is a slightly coherent /x/ after all

>the comment pointing out the stupidity of the question is asinine
Again, fuck off with the bait

Nice.

The sun is hot because of the reaction. The heat isn't generating the reaction. So it makes no difference if one is hot and one is cold. It will just start back up again as a bigger star.

it's like a unstoppable force meeting a unmovable object it would phase through

>made of lava
Wtf even is science

Stars are not made of lava and are instead composed of lots of diffrent elements and at the center nuclear fusion kepps it burning hot

yet again, Veeky Forums has absent/shit moderation
for shame