It is done for research, the benefit is the results of that research...

it is done for research, the benefit is the results of that research. the benefit for the bovine in question is youtube fame, but it is on too high of a spiritual level to care about that. i don't think that animal will have a normal lifespan.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_St._Martin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

those portholes are for research for better pastures, as they say on the video. And cows get their stomachs pierced all the time. It prevents them from getting their gut blown up due to excessive gas formation when eating. All farmers have a trocar to perform that potentially life-saving operation

It's not creepy, it's useful. These are used to do research on the cow's digestive system.

fuck animal testing

>What's the scientific benefit?
probably nothing but grant money

>Imagine you had a trapdoor to your stomach on your belly and some dude would casually put his hand inside to fiddle around

Thats some /d/ shit right there

I'm gonna right a horror graphic novel where aliens come to earth and they do to humans exactly the same things we do to animals.

is this really what they are for?

>Imagine you had a trapdoor on your belly and some dude would casually put his hand inside to fiddle around.

It's called fistfucking, m8.

Without testing everybody with diabetis would be dead because we wouldn't know about insulin, and the world would still be full of horrible plagues like the dark ages because we wouldn't have vaccines.

No, it's for doing research on how cows digest things so they can improve their diets

if you think this is unethical look at a video of a factory farm

most of those videos are shock videos made in illegal factories in 3rd world countries and then marked as "modern US meat factory" to push a political agenda

I think its cool

Imagine if you could see and feel your insides while you digest shit

>no girl will ever compliment the color of your guts

Spotted the poltard

>boo hoo science is so cruel and gross
Would you rather go through the nightmare of human testing in order to advance biological and medical understanding?

And there are government and institutional agencies that exist solely to demand that research use the bare minimum of specimens on the simplest usable specimens in the most gentle means possible or else they kill your study, funding, and potentially your reputation. Animal research isn't a ticket to do whatever the fuck you want and still get published.

it's a cruel world and i can't change anything.

Cow stomachs are biological bombs.. Those trapdoors prevent them from dying very painful deaths.

What's wrong? I thought you loved science?

Your fee fees hurt?

It's actually very beneficial to the cows, when they get sick due to stomach bacteria, the farmer can take the contents from a healthy cows stomach and directly put it into the sick one to make them better. From what I've seen in different documentaries and various sources the cows don't seem even remotely distressed by this.

It's not like it hurts or anything. Cow dun care man, as long as they can eat and the machine sucks their titties.
They're doing important research the improve the cows live.

>PETA fag
Reminder that their solution to this situation would be to kill the cow because it's a perverted domesticated species created and influenced by man and as such unnatural.

>It's not creepy, it's useful.
Its a little of both

"This product not tested on animals! YOU be the first!"

that would be kinda nice to them. they would actually release them into the wild until they get eaten alive by other animals or disease

I give my cat her favorite treat every evening. Make sure you include that. Tell your aliens I like cold water lobster.

>Imagine you had a trapdoor to your stomach on your belly and some dude would casually put his hand inside to fiddle around.

I don't see the issue.

>british
lmao

Wow.

The future is biopunk guys!

>some dude would casually put his hand inside to fiddle around. How would you feel?

I'd feel terrified by some dude who would do that (casually or otherwise).

But I would not submit, so there would be war: and I'd do anything to put that freak down temporarily or permanently (and worry about the cops later). Because the world is better off with me alive than him if one of us has to die.

cows are unnatural beings who literally can't survive without humans taking care of them.
Unlike pigs who can survive in the wild and turn back in to boars in a couple of generations, cows will die in a single gen because they are so fucked up because of thousands of years of selective breeding.

do you have a source on this? or are you just speaking out of your... uh trapdoor?

feral cows are a thing, they're smaller then their domesticated ancestors, but google suggests they survive on today in alaska, hawaii, and parts of australia. id wager you could find them in india as well

Im not trying to be a smart arse (just a little ill conceed) but im curious what makes you sure they wouldnt survive being released.

The cows in india aren't a good example because people actually take care of them and protect them. They're not really "wild". More like communal pets.

>I'm not a PETA fag I just find it creepy
The two sentences right before this one where you appeal to empathy make it obvious that you're lying.
>Imagine you had a trapdoor to your stomach on your belly and some dude would casually put his hand inside to fiddle around. How would you feel?

I'm surprised you folks haven't heard of this guy.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_St._Martin

true, the cultural aspect in india is special, it is actually the reason I would wager on finding them there,

but my point still stands, you can apply for hunting licences for feral cows in the US because they get classed as pests, I found a news story about a farmer getting fined for selling them in AU

I couldnt find anything backing up the idea that they would all die off. obviously the domesticated ones need help with birthing now and then, and gout is an issue when we feed them for super-optimal growth.

i'v heard stories of them ganging up on humans, and they have a herd mentality, I kinda doubt they would suffer mass fatalities to predation

im just wondering if there is a reason behind believing that they will die off if released, aside from the fact that we have influenced their developemnt

Does it hurt the cows in the process because if it doesn't I see know reason to care

Learn English before posting again on Veeky Forums, please.

fun fact: this is called a fistula.

This is a pretty common procedure, nothing strange about it. And it's not for research only as some have said, it's also used to help maintain proper digestion. It's more medical than scientific.

Also it's not weird because your digestive tract is technically on the outside of your body, your circulatory system and the rest of your organs are in what's called a coelom. So bridging the gap between the outside of your digestive tract and the outside of your skin is not that big of a deal.

Also the title of the video clearly says "to test digestion".

Thanks, I was going to mention this guy.