The purpose of a chair is to be comfortable. If a chair isn't comfortable it isn't a good chair

>The purpose of a chair is to be comfortable. If a chair isn't comfortable it isn't a good chair.

How do you respond?

"You're right."

Sharpie in pooper

"Fag."

Every chair is perfect. If it's uncomfortable it's perfect in its uncomfortableness

Why is the purpose of a chair is to be comfortable?

The purpose of a chair is to be chair

The purpose of the chair is to provide a place to sit. Comfort is a measure of how well of a place it is to sit.

>The purpose of a bed is to be comfortable. If a bed isn't comfortable it is a chair

Restraints design chairs to look nice but be uncomfortable so people don't lounge around too long.
The superleggera chair no. 699 is "the most beautiful chair ever made" but is completely uncomfortable.

jeez why would anyone want to sit on these

COMFORT IS FOR THE WEAK.

In short, we all reject your premise

Some chairs are made for the purpose of being uncomfortable, very, very uncomfortable.

>i'm a philosopher and therefore i should be king

How do you respond?

I can attest to this.

The purpose of the philosopher is to find the truth, which can only be understood by mind. If the philosopher can't find the truth he isn't a good philosopher. Your body and senses fool you away from the truth, therefore if death is the separation of body and mind, why are you still alive?

>in short, kys

The purpose of a chair is to be a platform higher than the floor.

Who cares about purpose in an ever changing world? What point are you trying to make?

why would the purpose of a chair change?

The purpose doesn't matter my dude. Take the word "literally"for example :-)

What did he mean by this?

The purpose of a samefag is to samefag, but you have to remember to toggle back to Anonymous

You ever slept in a chair, idiot?

>implying chairs have feelings
get out of here with this new age bs
and take moses with you

>*grabs the chair and slams it into the ground*
>its purpose is firewood now, you dumb idiot

>purpose
as defined by whom?
>comfortable
as defined by whom?
>good
as defined by whom?

Surely the first and foremost purpose of a chair is to be sat on? Comfort is an extraneous and unnecessary indulgence. If a chair is comfortable it isn't a perfect chair.

looks like somebody is shit at musical chairs

>play musical chairs
>promptly sit on a nearby bench
>this is a chair
It'll be years before you can face me.

The purpose of a chair is to rest your body from standing.

If youre sitting on a log, it still achieves its purpose as a chair.

/thread

Cut his head off and show it to the crowd: "Here is your king"

Me

But the more important question is: where does your lap go when you stand up?

If one chair is more comfortable than another chair, is the former no longer a chair?

That's a shitty argument. No chair is going to be comfortable to anyone. A man with hemorrhoids won't find hard chairs comfortable to sit on, a fat man won't feel good on a narrow chair, a short person won't feel good on a throne with a large spine. And who's to say that man is a measure of all things?

>Me
So it'll be a chair by your standard. Your standard are irrelevant to me as they don't apply to me. We're still no further to defining what a good chair is.