Why haven't we made a moon base yet?

Why haven't we made a moon base yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunokhod_programme
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1: It's extremely expensive and not profitable in any way so nobody wants to pay for it

2: It's politically difficult because no country wants any other country to have control of the moon. It could easily lead to a new world war if one country on their own managed to successfully colonize the moon.

because we can't even get a human through the Van Allen radiation belt because its too dangerous

no human will ever land on the moon without serious advances in radiation shielding technology, probably centuries away

Money.

It takes a lot.

That reminds me -
And because we have willfully ignorant idiots who would totally freak out and riot if the fantasy nonsense they lived in would be crushed by the reality of building on past achievements.

how did they get the laser retro-reflector onto the moon without landing on it? Keep in mind it's been in use by private individuals since 1969 and we didn't really have the ability to put it up their with any automatic systems

>not profitable
This is the reason we haven't gone any further than the moon since 1971. This is also the reason we're in a large technological stagnation. When you try to reduce everything to making sure investors get more wealth, then nothing will get done.

it is already colonized. thats why,, baka

Lunar dust.

India putting 100+ satellites in orbit around venus

Didn't the Soviets land a probe with a bunch of instruments shortly after the landings, and then said probe also took a soil sample and came back to Earth?

Outer Space Treaty prohibits colonization of celestial bodies by nations. A moon base owned and operated by one nation in space is colonization.

I swear Veeky Forums is dumb.

Wtf? We've already had people on the moon, you know

Because Unicron would eat it.

Maybe we are just not told.

Because you can only fake a landing so many times

We definitely will in my lifetime. It will facilitate interplanetary travel by having a hub where ships can land maybe even have a mall and shit out there. Itd be refueling station for Mars. Like a moon truck stop. It also seems logical to have several manned space stations along the way of Mars for fueling and emergency reasons. Ideally with multiple docks. What matters is the first successful launch out there and the first decade after that deciding politics. From there interest in space will boom and we'll live through a space age will countless companies wanting a piece of that. And such advancements will be made. That's the idea anyhow.

I am working on designing alternate means for breaking orbit. Though I must continue to study to understand the physics behind it all

People haven't thought about making America great since the 60's. OK, joking aside, it is rather disturbing that the 60's now seem like to peak performance of the West. Sure, we have fast computers and stuff but the speed of development and the optimism was something else. Just read the story behind pic. related.

>Money.
>It takes a lot.
That didn't stop truly enormous figures being spent on banks after the crisis. Trillion is now the new billion, they say.

Two. Lunokhod probes.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunokhod_programme

>Not Profitable

What the fuck?

what would be the benefits of that?

>implying