What is the best "Carpe Diem" book? A book that helps kick you in the ass and take charge in life...

What is the best "Carpe Diem" book? A book that helps kick you in the ass and take charge in life? It can be either fiction or non-fiction.

Andrew Jackson His Life and Times
He had fucking nothing and became the greatest president to ever live. He was a skinny shit with no father and a mother who didnt give him enough attention and lost everyone close to him by the age of 14
He did it so can you asswipe

>lost everyone close

pretty much anyone could become successful if they had nothing to lose user
if i could wake up tomorrow and not worry about retributions from family, peers, etc. thered be very little preventing me from doing the things i want

my

The Secret - as featured in My Twisted World

Horace's Odes - especially Ode 1.11

epic!

I mean he lost everything.
He grew up on a farm ignored by his aunt, uncle and mother cause they were running a farm out in no mans land NC (his dad died before he was born)
he was a skinny lanky skeleton mode shit with no self-esteem always wanting others to like him growing up
All of his families possessions were destroyed in front of him and his aunt killed before him. 40 years worth of of his family's minor wealth gone within 10 minutes at the hands of the british
he almost starved in the woods due to being chased off by the brits at the age of 13~14
Then man who did all this (that faggot who led the green coats whatever his name was) rode past him as he lay hiding and starving in the brush. He could've made the shot but didn't. he regretted it forever
got smallpox and was bed ridden for 4 months at 16 barely making it
while that happened his mom left him to try and find his cousins who were being held captive by brits and died doing that. The only message he got of this was a bundle of her clothes arriving in the mail
But hey then a great grandfather of his died back in Scotland so he got ~$40,000
Then he lost all of it in the first small city he arrived at to gambling/drink cause hick farmboy never seen that shit before and got taken for a ride
He pulled himself up by his bootstraps and became a lawyers apprentice. Barely passed the bar only passing cause the judges didn't know he had been a heavy gambler/drinker who almost burnt down an inn
was a shitty lawyer became the prosecutor of nashville, franklin (tenessee before it was mores district before it was tennesee) but didn't any money doing that
tried to be a merchant cause he was accept goods for being a lawyer cause everyone was pretty much broke in the territories
trusted a guys credit to be good. It wasn't. He lost 50,000 acres of land and had to sell his home and store to pay off the bad credit since the og guy got thrown in debtors prison so now it was his responsibility.
And yet he rose above all that and became the greatest god damn president the US has ever seen.

There are hundreds stories (non-fiction) of people getting fucked by life and (quoting Shia Lebouf here) JUST DOING IT.
OP wanted a book that "kicks you in the ass and take charge" I think AJ and his life and times is great for it.

pic required posting with this

yeah not saying its a great example but andrew jackson is more of someone who lived out his life though i doubt his words will reach OP's ears

is there anything aimed towards a more pacifist, dull life of comfort and mediocrity?

asking for myself

>is there anything aimed towards a more pacifist, dull life of comfort and mediocrity
Yeah it's called "get fucked you yellow belly pussy"

>~40,000 18th century dollars
>had fucking nothing

>I don't pursue my dreams because people might be upset if I did
It's not your family and peers holding you back.

Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

Really made me think.

>he lost all of them to gambling and drinking

The Bible

>tfw nothing to lose
>still spend my time doing absolutely nothing.

How do I find my life goal?

>had nothing
>miracle $40,000
>loses it all in a couple of weeks to gambling/drinking
>has nothing once more
hurrdurr

>implying

The War of Art is pretty good but you probably should ignore the more esoteric third chapter.

definitely