Plebeian Normalfag (Hosted) Stream:
>youtube.com/watch?v=V5bG37hzwqk

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/TTuO6tm.gifv
spaceflightnow.com/launch-schedule/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariane_5#Scheduled_flights
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

rocket on the pad

Going by statistics they will manage 10 launches this year before another rocket blows up

So, ive heard a rumor of a leak, but that shit is still "go". Anyone heard anything else?

if that's the case, it's probably on the strongback tubing and not the rocket

a small leak doesn't mean shit
you are always doing some venting of LOX

how come all their problems are in the upper stages

>Blue Origin Reporting in

I came for the catastrophic explosions during launch but I stayed for the memes

I come for rockets, explosions, landings and memes. Anything involving rockets are great

Daily reminder that Mars will get COLONIZED.COM in our life time

TFW Trump may actually be a good thing for Space since he's probably going to cancel the waste of resources that is SLS in favor of contracting with SpaceX to get the ITS done.

Trump has several meetings every day with business, workers, unions, etc. And Musk has been to at least 4 of those. And considering that Trump loves YUGE projects, you can bet he will fund both NASA and give contracts to private companies, even if his only goal is to have a Trump hotel on Mars.

he's already defunded the fuck out of most of NASA's operations though, especially their climatology and polar ice monitoring activities.

That makes sense. Mankind must leave this expendable planet behind

>climatology and polar ice monitoring

Literally worthless money sinks. We need real space exploration, not bullshit liberal pandering.

trump will be a good thing full stop m8

truthfully, I do want to see SLS canceled. It's a pretty big waste when we have several private companies like Spacex, Boeing, and Sierra Nevada corp building orbital capable capsules.

Add that to the still viable designs of the Constellation program which would have provided the deep space reach, but are now up in the air due to ITS proposed capabilities

must be nice to be both this naive and uninformed. While I'm all for deep-space human exploration, I'd at least like to have a planet to come home to that wasn't burning alive.

>sinking billions in worthless climate satellites will somehow force China to stop polluting

wow, you are retarded

those satelites do a shitload more than just climatology, they also monitor the health of key open water fishery zones, the impact of severe weather on crop growth, and the spread of dangerous particulate from forest fires and volcanoes.

the bennifit for the ag industry alone is tremendous, as massive farming operations can use the data gathered for better crop and field management. Firefighters can see the spread of massive wildfires, and the impact of coming weather, as well as monitor the recovery of large swaths of land devastated by fire without needing a helicopter ride all the time.

Marine biologists can track the spread of dangerous algae blooms or oil spills that can seriously fuck with fishery production.

Ships can use the ice sheet data to effectively navigate around the arctic ocean.

And low-lying cities will be able to prepare based on marsland loss data for sea level rise, which in my lifetime alone I've seen add 8 feet to high-tide within the past 20 years in San Diego harbor.

to deny access to these climatology satellites is to also lose access to everything else their data provides.

since you republitards are all about "BUH MUH ECONOMY" This should make sense to you.

sea level has not risen 8 feet..

>tfw I'm studying physics and calculus and all kinds of engineering full time at all time and switching to a polyphasic sleep schedule to facilitate additional study to help reach that goal

But like, what's going on here? What the hell did I miss!? We /space/?

Give me the rundown that I've clearly been ignorant of current events

>8 feet at high tide
>in a harbor

choke points tend to have higher amounts of movement. pic related:

i.imgur.com/TTuO6tm.gifv

>bullshit arguments
>calling me a republican

Nigger, I don't care about politics. All the things you listed is not worth shit. I want more space telescopes and robotic probes to planets/moons. Get your hippy bullshit back to plebbit.

Start here spaceflightnow.com/launch-schedule/

If you have specific questions just ask.

it'll be real fun when your house burns down from a forest fire and you starve due to a massive crop frost that could have been seen and prevented

Oh fuck me I live in South Florida will I be able to see liftoff or at least a trail or some shit? I've got a cousin with a telescope I can probably use

How likely is it that one of his advisors will do their job and convince trump to reinvest into tech?

I was able to see the Space shuttle from as far south as Dayton, so maybe

Dade*

fuck this phone

>sinking billions in useless satellites will stop Cletus from starting a fire
>sinking billions in useless satellites will stop China from polluting
>sinking billions in useless satellites will stop retarded politicians from misusing water supplies

again, you are retarded

>being able to call china out on their shit

that alone makes them worth it

add that to how many jobs that building the things provide. Northrop and Lockheed alone employ thousands for assembly, not to mention the fuckloads of other contractors they work with.

>sinking money is good because it allows us to sink money

holy fucking shit

>doesn't understand the concept of wasting money and hides behind "muh job creation"
>what is opportunity cost

all this shit is just peanuts compared to welfare & corruption
who gives a shit
The only problem with a lot of this waste is that it goes to pork programs rather than real space programs.

Oh shit for real I'm in Dade. How visible was it? I won't need a telescope? If I knew about this earlier I would have gotten it yesterday but I don't want to wake anyone up for this even if it is for fucking /SPACE/

and now we've come full circle to SLS and why that's just a jobs program

This, in essence, is a jobs program as well.

Hell, all of Space exploration currently is just a jobs program for the respective nation doing the exploration. there's no money yet being made pulling resources down from asteroids, or building shit for industry.

Private sector stuff like communications aside, there's no money being made yet in deep space, so why do you care either way?

It launches at 10 or later
You probably won't see it if its in the middle of the sun

Damn balls not even with a telescope? Fuck it I'll watch the stream from outside anyways

he's looking north.

I saw it about 45 seconds after launch, when it was downrange about 30 miles and at 200,000'.

Thankfully for you the sun is out of the south, and you may be able to clearly see the contrail from the exhaust.

My argument from the start was that building exploration probes and space telescopes is still going to create jobs, and spending on weather satellites is a waste in comparison.

>pulling resources down from asteroids
That's retarded on many levels. It's not about pulling the stuff down. It's about private companies mining resources in space, to use them in space for fuel and construction of space stations that could be used for tourism and research.

> A United Launch Alliance Atlas 5 rocket, designated AV-068, will launch a classified spacecraft payload for the U.S. National Reconnaissance Office. The rocket will fly in the 401 vehicle configuration with a four-meter fairing, no solid rocket boosters and a single-engine Centaur upper stage. Delayed from Dec. 1, Jan. 26 and Feb. 9. [Feb. 13]

IIRC I think it was STS-29 I saw launch, and you could clearly see the contrail from the thing as it climbed to 400k feet, then leveled off and started it's orbital burn

STS-129*

seriously, fuck this phone, goddamn

I'm definitely looking north once it launches.

I'm envy my friend that lives further north in the middle of the fucking woods. Gonna tell that kid to look north.

Fuck I'm inspired to study more these next few hours. I want to learn all kinds of fields so I can cross-pollinate knowledge into hopefully creating new tech. I should learn Python huh? Only learning C++ at this point

>Python

sure, if you want to be like every other shit Indian dev on github

Shiiiit, almost forgot!

>2:22:00

FUCK!!! I have to pick someone up at the exact time the rocket launches.

>schedule changed

Okay, now I'm ready.

It seems I should be learning HAL/S instead

Every single time I've been able to watch a SpaceX launch Live something went wrong. I've yet to watch the fucker land the 1st stage. Every time I've not been able to watch it Live they have had 100% success.

Should I watch this one?

Learn as many languages as you can keep track of. Like non-programming languages, they get easier to learn new one the more you learn.

yes

Explosions incoming.

Noooo

Sane reasonable post in a thread full of people that want to see something go pew pew into space.

"ULA sniper funded by Jewish Illuminati" you mean

I'm going to watch the launch of the JWST too.

It would be awful and everything, but just imagine if the JWST blew up during launch...

Fucking monster

Actually yeah I'm up for that lifetime challenge. Being currently bilingual I've been learning Italian it's really an extension of Spanish concepts. Learning that will facilitate French which will in turn make Creole a breeze. I've started on learning some reading concepts for Katakana but there's definitely more work to be done there. I really should take advantage of the information superhighway and learn as much as I can. After I've knocked all of that out I should start learning Mandarin and Russian so I may have entry to the major centres of the world. Do Africans have a centralized language?

If and when you have children, remember that children learn languages faster up until they are around 8 years old. So, cram as many root languages into their skulls as possible. After around 8yo the human brain sort of loses that ability which makes learning new languages much more difficult in comparison. This is true for spoken language and programming language. Thus, learn as much as you can so you can teach your children as much as possible as early as possible. Knowing 15 spoken languages and 10 programming languages as a child will make up for any other weaknesses in life. That's a shoe in for government jobs with serious kickbacks and starter Grades.

>Do Africans have a centralized language?

Swahili

I learned Latin for the most part and holy fuck, it really allows you to understand a shit load of other languages to a certain point. I'm shit at spoken languages, but when it is written down it all sort of clicks together because of the Latin.

I'll just leave this here

Not really sure whats going on here, but its a nice break from the normal shit-throwing these treads generate

STS-129 was a perfect launch. I was there too.
Feels weird seeing a Falcon on the same pad now.

*Hearty chortles*

Space is cool. When launches are counting down the threads usually get fairly exciting.

just go to Mars Elon please reeeee

What a beautiful day.

Nobody cares about space. Fix our problems here on earth instead of wasting money on useless toys that pollute not only ours but other worlds too.

NASA only uses less than 0.5% of the national budget.

Space exploration is an investment to improve our life.

seriously, any european language deepens the understanding of other european languages like latin does.

We all know throwing money at problems solves them.
I mean, we spend 99.5% of it on problem solving. Obviously spending the extra .5% will do the trick.

>media complains that the mexican border wall will cost slightly more than NASA's budget
>doesn't mention NASAs budget is fuck all
>mfw

There is literally no reason why can't do both,

Also advances in space science and engineering could solve problems on earth.

>useless toys that pollute

The irony of this entire post is palatable.

Only I was learning it because of binomial nomenclature.

Dont take the bait. Some retard posts this shit each time and the clusterfuck ensues

>palatable

kek

30 mins music has started!!!!!

What rocket will they use to launch this?

Ariane 5

Soyuz-2

October 2018
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariane_5#Scheduled_flights

USS Enterprise

>20mins

Footage starting!

OH SHI-

IT'S STARTING

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

This fucking guy

I think 1/10 chance it has a RUD

Did he just say "repellent loading"?

What's the payload? ISS supplies?

Yes, it helps repel the rocket from earth

Dragon dildos and lube for ISS.

yes, a few mousetronauts and other experiments and probably some food.