The outsider

Meursault did nothing wrong: yes or no and why

Yes because lyfe is ABSURD! Suns fucking annoying too.

OP says yes, of course, his trial was absurd...

the arab had it comin

I don't like sun. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere

I don't like arabs. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere

camus deserves more recognition

He has exactly the right amount of recognition. Fuck you.

your opinion is completely irrelevant

The Arab was a stabby piece of shit who had it coming.

his trial had nothing to do with the arab the court was being a prick

Then why are you in a thread about Allahba Khamheu?

it's not his fault he's too badass to cry at his mother's funeral.

>yours isn't
Everyone has heard of him, you fuck. He neither needs nor warrants more recognition.

Meursault did not have the right to end someone else's life. Death comes for all. If you don't care when it comes, you still can't project those feelings onto others' lives and take them.
The trial itself, except for him killing a fucking arab, was circumstantial evidence coated with a portrayal of pure evil manifested as a person.
Meursault still found an instinctual value in life, he was content with living for the sake of living, so the theme was not existentialism but apathy, in my opinion.
I know my opinion is shit though.

>my opinion is shit
You redeemed it.

The Sun is a religion of peace. The gunshot was Meroo expressing his religious rights.

You could argue diminished responsibility but yes, he killed a man who wasn't attacking him. It even dawns on him during the trial that he's guilty.

He did have an interesting worldview though.

Camus was inadvertently expressing some kind of Jungian archetype with Meursault.

People who live in depths of nihilism and depression, will ultimately release something demonic from the pit, and that's the desire to make everyone else's life as miserable as their own, and even kill people.

>>Meursault did not have the right to end someone else's life
rights are created by some people and actions are judges by accredited people

>the outsider

>the weirdo
>the freak
>the alien
actually that last one works pretty well with the puns

just because people have heard of him doesn't mean they understand him

Stay gold Ponyboy

To me Mersault represented a character who lets his life happen to him. It isnt until the very end of the book that Mersault acknowledges the Absurd, and the last sentence is Mersault wanting to be killed for his actions against the Arab; "... I had only to wish that there be a large crowd of spectators the day of my execution and that they greet me with cries of hate."
Mersault is mostly indifferent to his whole experience up until his execution. To me the Stranger (the outsider... lol) is Camus saying, dont be a stranger to your own life.

>muh right to life
>muh universal moral law

how is that possibly camus' message
Meursault is not a stranger too himself, he is a stranger in the eyes of the non-absurdist fools he has to deal with