‘To the two fucking assholes who decided that screwing up my workout and touching me without my permission would be...

‘To the two fucking assholes who decided that screwing up my workout and touching me without my permission would be really funny: You are a perpetuating the huge issue in the world that plagues women called toxic masculinity.
I just finished a run during which two men thought it would be entertaining to stand in my way, completely barring the board walk in Pacific Beach, to the point where I had to come to a complete stop. Once it was clear that I was angry and freaked out at what they were doing, they both started cracking up, and one of them touched my arm. I ended up messing up my workout by running too fast because of the encounter. My run sucked.
I'm hoping that this can serve as a teaching moment for anyone reading. If you've ever had the idea to pull a prank on a runner, or any stranger for that matter, DON'T. You have no idea what kind of mental state they're in. I was having a bad day and really looking forward to my run. Running is my personal therapy, it's the way that I relieve my overwhelming anxiety. To have two people decide that their right to make fun of me was more important than my mental wellbeing is completely absurd. It's easy to say it was a light-hearted joke, that it wasn't meant to stir me up in the way that it did, but the bottom line is that it did and I'm sick of the excuses that men give for their actions. And to add to this situation, there were three men running by themselves ahead of me, but the joke fell on me, the woman running by herself. As if our current political state weren't enough of a reminder that as a woman I am inferior to men, apparently I needed to be reminded literally in my face. I'm sick of men treating women this way, experiencing things like this on a regular basis, and hearing my female friends being treated the same way constantly.
So here I am in my car, shaking with rage as I feel like my value as a human being is subpar to these two male strangers', writing an emotional Facebook post, and hoping that someone can learn something from my shitty running experience.'

spoilering so you don't waste your time reading this without knowing what this thread is about: I just wanted to note that i find extreme potential in a stream-of-consciousness novel written from the perspective of such a person. Could be a really illuminating examination of our society. Has anyone done something similiar?

>toxic masculinity
nope

No stranger has ever cared for your "mental wellbeing" or ever will. The entire "you don't know what I'm going through! You don't know my life!" bullshit is especially hilarious because they think that anyone cares. They delude themselves that, if only their point of view and life and personality were somehow properly portrayed and made public, they would then get nothing but support and affirmation from strangers. Does she have the slightest interest in the interior monologues of these men who dared to get in her way? Of course not.

Who would? Only a group of creeps would bar a woman jogging alone and touch her when she appears to be frightened or frustrated. She doesn't want "affirmation or support" from strangers, she wants to be left alone. Who would have the slightest interest in their interior monologue? I get barred by Arabs and pickpockets late at night here in Paris and it's always fucking nerve-wracking, I don't give an ounce of a shit about people who pull this crap.

This is why I keep defending all men and women should live in personally designated 4x4x4-metres cubicles with state-provided food and essentials uniformly channeled distribution. Each cubicle would contain a fingerprint locked door, that would open to a social space (I'd call it, "the Street"). By opening this door, and entering this open-air social space, each would necessarily agree to abdicate their privacy to some extent, that is, to the extent that, by entering into a space social by definition and legislation, they'd agree to be subject to the influence of Others other than themselves, in opposition to the conditions they'd find in their personal cubicles. The point is that the choice to exit their cubicles would be voluntary, and thus no responsibility for whatever socially-imposed personal consequences could be attached to anyone but he or she who chose to leave the cubicle.

anyway this woman a fascist

Kys, you obviously can't deal with life.
No one cares. I repeat, no one cares!

Why is the modern human so fragile?

Thats what she gets for not carrying pepper spray and tasers

No God, too much Mummy.

You are clearly not here to discuss literature.

Go back to /r9k/

sage and report

Write that book.

also, why not just separate into counties which align with specific agreed to laws

It has always been this way. It's just more evident in the present because this shit usually doesn't get preserved.

Sure, they're creeps, if she's telling the story accurately. But that doesn't make her a likeable human either. This woman never questions the idea that she has the perfect right to be jogging on the boardwalk and never be slowed or stopped, and that anyone getting in her way is doing so because of "toxic masculinity." She considers having her oh-so-important workout ruined to be a massive tragedy because it's her "therapy." If you're ready to trust the narrative of a woman with arrogant privilege and self-diagnosed-and-treated overwhelming anxiety, who ends up posting this on FB in her car while "shaking with rage," that's fine. I'm less impressed. It's been a while since I was on the Pacific Beach board walk, but I recall it being pretty busy, with lots of casual people standing around talking, crossing your path, etc.

Op here, this is the question that i wonder about. I didn't make this thread to shitpost and i find this thread to be much more related to Literature than most others out there. It's about asking the question: What has happened that these form of individuals have emerged, what are the roots and what does it feel like. What i quoted seems to me like a modern case of hysteria that has somehow developed it's own ideology. Just find it extremely interesting and my point is that i've never read a book that has depicted these kind of people.

We may find the same roots of "hysteria" but the way has been changed. Even during the last 100 years there were several noticeable changes in what qualified as a traumatizing expierence and what not. I wonder why this fragile perspective developed.

*Modern Western human. I don't think Botswana has this problem

I was reading some Lara Ingles Wilder about the settling of the Dakota prairie. There is a passage where they discuss the possibility of an older teenage daughter working at a hotel. It is considered an appalling idea because she would have to interact with strangers. I see the idea that women should be protected from any negative interaction as having persisted but the idea that she needs to stay at home has gone away. My wife was sexually assaulted the other day. She doesn't want to confront the person because why should she have to. She doesn't want me to because she doesn't want the issue to be that my property was violated. She does want the world to change but she doesn't want any of the possible candidates to change it.

*Modern Western woman

OP imagine a different situation where a girl is in a nightclub dancing by herself and a man starts to dance with her and touches her. Is this ok? If you argue agaisn't it you are wrong since the girl decided to go dance there and that is the acceptable behaviour.
Now a different scenario: you are doing yoga in your mat in a public park. Some guy approaches and says hi. You were trying to concentrate and he completely ruined your mood! Is he wrong in doing so? No, you went to a public park, saying Hi isn't bad behaviour, so your feelings aren't worth shit. Get a sign saying "do not disturb" (and then you'll get guys saying funny sign).
In your situation though, where a disruption of your workout was purposefully created to mock you, is a form of bullying. It isn't "toxic masculinity", it's just a form of exertion of power on a weakling for the purpose of causing suffering. Sorry this happened to you but society is like this.
So I guess this could be a
>Could be a really illuminating examination of our society
if you don't use it as an example of durr patriachy

I wonder why people misidentify me with the person who posted this...

I wouldn't consider Botswanans 'modern'.

I do too. Yes it would make an interesting but insufferable book.

A. They think it's creative fiction, and B. Same reason people think Nabokov's a pedophile.

well yea it was more interesting for me to write about the spoiler text than to answer your question